‹ Prequel: Mona Lisa

This Is A Story About A Girl

I'm Breaking All The Rules With This One

Let's be honest, after the kiss, I was half a mess, half riding on cloud nine. Part of my brain was shut off, completely numb to the fact that I actually kissed Liz.

And the other part was going crazy. But eventually one overwhelmed the other, and I picked up a daisy off of the street. The lights burned orange down on us, as the bus driver told us to buckle up for a good, long drive. Poor little daisy. It hardly had a chance. I thought about leaving it here, but then decided to leave it somewhere for Liz. Girls like that stuff right?

I got on the bus last, and snuck the delicate flower into her bunk without a word. It looked so fragile on her pillow, it was actually beautiful. Until the stupid thing rolled onto her bed. A frown appeared on my face, and I giggled a bit to myself.

"John, what are you doing?"

I tried my hardest not to look suspicious as I pulled my head out of the bunk.

"I thought I left something in here, what are you doing sneaking up on me?"

Jess' face scrunched up, and she realized she had lost this one.

"Everyone's playing cards, don't be a loser, and come play," She said as her voice trailed into the living room area of the bus.

Stephen was dealing out a few packs of cards for Bullshit. I hit the seat with a thump, and sighed, "You're the slowest dealer in the world."

"Would you rather play 52 pick up John?" my brother smirked at me. His smirk was the only feature he liked about himself, and you can tell, because it's heavily overused. Stephen's smirk is like the latest Lady Gaga song, good at first, then better once you're used to it, and then gets old.

"Would you rather play 30 levels on the elevator?"

--------

"Bullshit."

"Fuck off!"

"Three fours."

"Wait, let me check mine.. Bullshit!"

"Josh, you fucking cheater!"

"Shut the fuck up, you're the cheater."

"Where's my drink?"

"Six fives."

-------

God only knows how long we played for. I think Josh cheated and won once, Stephen won three times, and Brian lost every time. Halfway through when I got a drink, I wrote out a little stick-it note for Liz, quoting Someone Like You.

When I sat down, pretty much everyone else was asleep. I could feel the fatigue washing over myself, even with my heart pounding. My fingers were around Liz's waist, and she threw hers around mine, when Jess got up. It was to the point that I didn't care if my bandmates saw, they knew that I had been in love with her forever anyways.

I pressed my face into her bony shoulder, and kissed the point lightly, leaving my lips to linger on her shirt. I could have easily brought my lips to her neck, but I was too nervous.

"Are you tired yet? Everyone else is asleep."

"I am, but if you're up, then so am I," I stated, like there was anything else I'd rather be doing.

There was a silence and slipped into the room, cutting the air like a diamond on glass. It was almost a screech, and I could feel myself want to cringe. Silence by far, is the worst thing in the world.

"Lizzy?" I asked, breaking the silence. I had no clue what I was going to say, but anything was better than just sitting there.

"Yes?"

"Can I.." I took a deep breath, "Kiss you?"

"Only if I can kiss you back."

We both smiled genuinely. I felt the need to shut my eyes before kissing her. Like if I saw what was happening, I'd realize it was just a dream. And if this was just a dream, well, I'm not quite ready for it to end yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY HOLY sHIT I've left you guys forever I know. I'm seriously so preoccupied but I swear one each day this week for suresies <3