I May Be Lazy, a Loner, a Bit of a Stoner, It's True. But I Could Be Perfect for You

I May be Lazy, a Loner, a Bit of a Stoner, It's True. But I Could be Perfect for You

Valeria Odgen couldn’t help but stare at Noah Puckerman’s hand in hers. To be here, in this room again, with him, felt like insanity. It was so familiar, yet felt so foreign and wrong.

“So.” She sighed.

“What’s up?” He asked, redundantly. “How was your Friday?”

“It was a good Friday.” She smiled. “But it’s getting better.” He kissed her quickly.

“Mine too.”

Valeria caught a flicker of movement out of the corner of her eye. Puck’s temple had twitched… something that tended to happen to him after he came down from a high. She tried to push the thought out of her mind by asking him another question.

“Is this weird to you?”

“Why, is it to you?”

“A little.”

“In a good or bad way.”

Valeria paused and pondered. “Good. Bad. I don’t know, it’s just weird.” She replied. “A lot of memories, I guess.”

“Yeah.” He agreed hoarsely before leaning in to kiss her again. Her back arched off the sofa, an action that felt so familiar to Valeria it shook it brain.

A horrible sinking feeling filled her gut and she just about doubled over. Finn last week, Puck this afternoon. She was a slut. A filthy, rotten, slut.

But I can’t help it. She told her body as it succumbed to Puck’s movements. We all have relationships like this, ones to fall back one when we’re hurt and alone. Somewhere safe and secure. We run to someone who doesn’t need to learn our actions and mannerisms. They can read our minds. Guardian angels that take us under their wing and let us live however we chose to live.

Was it Valeria’s fault that hers happened to be best friends?

So here they were. Puck had gotten his wish. Finn had done Valeria wrong again, and she had pitifully thrown herself back into Puck’s arms as if he were some sort of hero or savior. Her stoner-Jesus. Yeah, right. It just about made her sick that she gave him this kind of satisfaction.

And what did she get? She got him, half naked and half stoned, beside her on his sofa. Exactly what she wanted… right?

No. She never wanted this. She never wanted to feel this low. This… grimy. Every stroke Puck absently made over her dark brown, luscious hair felt like a sucker punch. Shameless and cowardly and wrong.

But how wrong was it, really? Finn had struck first- with his knife still lingering in Valeria’s back. He had cheated on her with his ex... This was her last defense. This is where the pieces fell.

“I should probably get home.” Valeria said quietly, starting to get up, feeling like she just needed to get out of there for a little while.

“Oh, um, well, before you go,” Puck started, confused by her sudden hurry to leave. “I wanted to talk to you… about the other night. About something I said, I mean.”

“You remember it?” She asked incredulously. He had been incredibly high when Valeria had shown up at his doorstep, mascara treading down her cheeks, Finn’s promise ring burning on her skin.

“Some parts more than others.” Puck blushed. “But mostly the thing I said at the end...”

Valeria’s stomach flipped. “Oh. That.” She said in a very small voice. She sat back down on the sofa with Puck slouching beside her. The moment he was referring to played in her mind instantly- “I’ll never understand how Finn could hurt you like this. I love you, Valeria.” The sound of Puck’s voice solid and rich in her ears brought Valeria back to the present.

“I just wanted to let you know that, well, I meant it.” He sighed, reaching for her hands that she had folded in her lap. “I may have been high out of my mind, but what I said at the moment was completely true. I love you, Valeria. And I’m sorry I couldn’t have said so earlier.”

His calm delivery of this revelation took Valeria off-guard. “Oh, wow,” was her initial response. “Noah… I don’t know what to say.”

He shrugged. “Don’t worry about it right now. I know you’re still confused. Who could blame you? I just wanted to be sure that, you know, you knew.” He smiled shyly. A side of Puck she rarely saw but warmed up to every time she did.

Valeria cupped his chin in her palm and kissed him sweetly. His hot breath mixed with hers as he whispered.

“I may be lazy, a loner, a bit of a stoner, it’s true. But I could be perfect for you.”