Eternal Death Watchers

The Great Eternal Death Watchers

It was nearly morning when Frederick Haigh was washing his hands in the Calderdale River of West Yorkshire, under a quaint bridge, lest he be seen by anyone. He felt exhilirated as he watched the swirls of red in the water wash away, the chill giving him goosebumps up his arms. He let his thoughts drift to his late father, the notorious John George Haigh, or as he was deemed in the papers, "The Acid Bath Murderer", "The Vampire Killer", and "The Vampire of London".
"You'd be proud, father. My 6th one," Frederick said, looking towards the skies, the stars dimming as the morning sun was making its way across West Yorkshire.
"You know, father, the night brings me great comfort. I feel invincible. I only wish that I could live in eternal darkness, as somber as that sounds. But then, only then, I'd be truly happy. I feel whole when the dark consumes me, the world."
Frederick had no clue, but at that very moment, the Eternal Death Watchers were watching him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He must pay for his crimes! Six people, and no one has caught onto him yet!"
"You're right, dear Jesse," William complied. "We'll do it straight away." With that, the four Eternal Death Watchers were off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frederick stood up, stretched his arms, legs, and his back, yawned, and turned around. There before him stood four men, all in slim black pants, black dress shoes, black dress shirts, black vests, and black coats. All were unearthly beautiful. Their skin almost glowed. There was a brooch that fastened all their cloaks, all different colors, but all in the same filigree setting. One was a brilliant emerald color, one a deep violet. Another was a sapphire blue, and the last was a bloody red, not unlike the color that Frederick had just washed off his hands.
Transfixed, he tried to find the right words to say.
"Who..who are y-you people? I demand..that you t-tell me, at once!" His voice was shakey and uncertain.
"Haven't you heard the legend, Frederick? That vampires stalk the night streets? Even your father was called one, though it was unjustly given, if I must say," scoffed William, the one with the bloody red brooch.
"W-what? Vampires...vam..pires..no it can't, it can't be.. I don't know what's happening." Confused, Frederick felt faint. His legs were giving out under him.
"Yes, Frederick, vampires. Though not in the utmost literal sense. We are the Eternal Death Watchers. We," Joseph took a step closer, his perfectly shaped mouth curling up on one side, showing his dazzling white, sharp, teeth, "have a certain mission. We take murderers, like yourself, and turn them into us, into vampires. Though, don't get confused. You, unlike us, will be tortured by this. You will not be able to stand it. William, Thomas, Jesse and I are pardoned from feeling any pain. Our supreme rulers gave us a special concoction that prevents us from feeling pain, torment.."
Frederick couldn't believe what he was hearing. All of this was ubsurd. He felt like he was going to faint. He thought that maybe he should make a run for it. As if reading his mind, Thomas added "Don't try to run or outwit us, Frederick. We," he moved behind Frederick in less than a second, "will always catch you." Frederick turned around startled, but to the Eternal Death Watchers chagrin, he found nothing. He turned back around, confused, daze like, to find Thomas standing infront of him again.
"Jesse, will you do the honors?" asked William. There was a smirk on his face, as he fixated on Frederick's eyes.
"Certaintly."
Frederick watched in terror as Jesse stepped closer and closer to him, in the pre dawn light, his features becoming more prominent. His wavy brown hair was combed back with some sort of styling gel. His nose was sloped. He had high cheekbones, which highlighted his ice blue eyes, cold, lacking emotions. His mouth was curled into a smile. All in all, one of the most beautiful men Frederick had seen.
Suddenly, almost as if just realizing what was happening, Frederick screamed, a high, wailing type of scream.
"Shhh," Jesse cooed.
Jesse stopped right infront of Frederick's face, and put his hand over his mouth. Frederick couldn't believe how strong Jesse was, like stone. No matter what he did, he couldn't get out of his grip.
"This will be quick," Thomas stated, his voice seeming a far distance off.
Frederick watched in fear as Jesse's head tilted, and leaned into his neck. He paused there for a moment, which made Frederick feel a very confusing mixed emotion of fear, confusion, and lust. This moment seemed like an eternity, though Frederick knew it must have been seconds. He didn't hear Jesse open his mouth. All he felt were piercing projectiles shred through his skin. It both hurt and felt strangely good at the same time. Frederick tried to scream but found his energy gone. He could feel the blood being sucked from his body, Jesse's lips on his neck. He became weak, and limp. The last thing he remembered was fainting, into Jesse's strong, muscular arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
John George Haigh was a real murderer. He had a baby, but his wife gave it up for adoption. I have no clue if it was a son or daughter, or whatever happened to him/her. I just thought it would be interesting to write a spin off of real history.