Eternal Death Watchers

Frederick's New Beginning

Frederick woke up in an unfamiliar bed. His body felt like it had been burned from the inside out. He moved gently, still in pain from his transformation. He also had an incredible thurst, a thurst he’d do anything to quench. He swung his legs over the bed and stood up groggily. His vision was sharp, sharper than it had ever been. Across the room he saw a vanity, and wanted a look at himself, to see if he had any scratches or bruises on his body. He made his way slowly across the room. About half way to the vanity he stepped into some sunlight that streamed through the curtains covering the window. The moment he did this his flesh started to burn. He collapsed to floor in agony, watching his skin smoking. He let out a heinous shriek. In less than a second someone ran into the room, picked him up, and carried him to the opposite wall.
“What do you think you’re doing?” It was Thomas.
“What do you mean? What is this? Where am I?”
“You don’t have a clue as to what happened last night? Well, I’ll tell you. You’re a vampire. And you can NOT go out in front of the sun!”
“But..vampires, exist? I thought, I thought maybe I was hallucinating, or dreaming..or..”
“Yes vampires exist and you are one now. Come. We must teach you our ways.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thomas had led him down an extravagant hall. Frederick was mesmerized by the paintings on the wall, of people he had never met, but who were beautiful in their own way. At the end of the hall, a portrait hung above an opening that led into a dining hall. The portrait was of William, Jesse, Thomas, and Joseph. William was in the middle, sitting down, while the other 3 encircled him. Passing under the archway, Thomas had led him into the dining hall, with a great oak table that shined magnificently. William was at the head, it was obvious now that he was the leader, while Jesse and Joseph sat on either side. Frederick stood there for a second, until Thomas barked “sit down.”
He did as he was told. What happened next would change his life forever.
The death watchers launched into their history, how they had become vampires, how they turn people into vampires, what you can and can’t do when you’re a vampire (like step into the sun).
They finished telling the story. They all watched him, waiting for a reaction. He looked down, contemplating all of this new information. He had many questions, but only asked a few.
The meeting convened, and Frederick went in search for a kitchen. Upon finding one and opening the fridge, he realized it was empty. It took him awhile for it to click, but after he remembered that he was a vampire, in a vampire household, and vampires don’t eat human food. He wandered down halls, looking for one of the death watchers. He soon came upon a great study. There was a desk, a library shelf with tons of books, and a portrait of Joseph over a lavish fireplace. The chair that was facing the wall turned around with none other than Joseph sitting in it.
“Yes?”
“Well, ever since I woke up I’ve been unnaturally thirsty. Thirsty beyond belief. What do I do?” Frederick asked timidly.
“What do you do?” Joseph chuckled.
"You hunt, my dear boy."