Oceans Crossed and Lessons Learned

Into the City

"Does your dad know about you and Dominic?" I ask Simone on our way home Friday evening, I still have no idea how I'm getting into the city tomorrow, but I'm working on it.
"Oh no, he does not want me dating while I'm in school." she says secretively, "Please don't tell him Sammy."
"I was thinking maybe we could help each other out." I offer, speaking slowly and cautiously, "Remember that Trevor guy from the beach?"
"Uhh yes, the English boy?" she says slowing the car's speed as she becomes more intrigued by our conversation, "You are dating him?"
"Sort of," I mumble, "But he asked me to visit him in the city tomorrow."
"Uhuh."
"So I was thinking, maybe we can tell your dad that we're going shopping or something tomorrow, that way you can spend the day with Dominic and I can spend the day with Trevor."
"Alright." she grins.

At dinner, Simone and I can't stop eyeing each other.
"Sammy, I couldn't help but notice your bathing suit is a little snagged." Simone says with a wink.
"Oh yeah, it got caught on the stupid volleyball net." I sigh.
"So I was thinking maybe we could go shopping in the city tomorrow, I've been wanting a new pair of jeans anyway." she rambles naturally.
"Oh that sounds great, the three of us can go together." Aunt Monique pipes up. Simone and I glance nervously at each other.
"Awe no Mama." Simone grumbles.
"What?" Aunt Monique asks.
"You hate shopping in the stores we like." Simone says rolling her eyes.
"Oh fine then, I have stuff to do tomorrow anyway." she shrugs.

"I want Mathieu to drive you though." Uncle Jaques says pointing with his fork.
"Pourquoi?! why" Mathieu demands, "I have better things to do tomorrow!"
"I can drive." Simone says rolling her eyes.
"Fine, fine." my uncle says, "but be home by six."
"Alright." Simone and I say in unison.

Simone and I are out the door before everyone's finished breakfast the next day. Aunt Monique even chased after us to give us some pocket money before we left.

I jumped into the back seat after we picked up Dominic and then we were off into the city.
"So we have to find a place to meet back at 4:30." Simone tells me.
"And you have to buy yourself a pair of jeans or else-" I say.
"And you have to get a bathing suit." she reminds me.
"Yup."

I then dose off when Simone decides to divide her attention solely between driving and Dominic and I rather not be the third wheel in this sap fest.

"Sammy!" Simone says shaking me. I wake up to see were surrounded by tall buildings and I can't help but grin from ear to ear.
"The HMV is here?" I ask looking around.
"Yep, second floor of this mall." she informs, "I'll meet you at the coffee shop across the street at 4:30."
"Alright, thanks." I say as I get out of the car, "See ya later."

I head into the mall and up the stairs to the second floor, as I look around for the HMV I spot Trevor sitting on a bench pulling at the hem of his shirt. As I walk nearer he looks up and sees me, a smile spreading across his face.
"Hey." he says standing up.
"Hey." I grin, he kisses the edge of my lips as if he were aiming for my cheek. I unintentionally let out a giggle.

"So," he says raising and dropping his eyebrows, "Whatchya wanna do?"
"Let's go in here?" I nod towards the HMV.
"Okay." he says as we head in, we're immediately drawn to the punk rock CDs.

"Watchya think of them?" Trevor asks as he holds up a Fall Out Boy cd.
"God, they should be in the pop music section." I say rolling my eyes.
"So you're saying you don't want to kidnap Pete Wentz and make him your sex slave?" he jokes as he roams down the row of CDs.
"I'd rather Johnny Rotton, even if he is an old fart now."
"Nice." Trevor laughs, "I'm more of a Joan Jett man myself."
"Nice." I mimic.

"D'you like Rancid?" I hold up the Out Come the Wolves album.
"Ehh." Trevor says shrugging.
"You suck." I fake gasp, "I love them."

"Rancid vs Distillers, who would you side for?" he challenges.
"I side for Tim and Brody to get over their differences and play a Rancid Distiller tour." he laughs, "I'm serious, I'd get my wisdom teeth pulled to see that show."
"Yeah 'cause Tim Armstrong is a total babe." he says rolling his eyes.
"Who says I'm going for Tim? I'd so go for Brody." I say shaking my head, "I swear, she turns even the straightest women lesbian."
"So why have Rancid there?"
"Because they rock my socks." I say purposely bumping into Trevor.

"NOFX?" he asks.
"Can't say I'm a big fan."
"Sacreligious!" he exclaims, "Green Day?"
"Gods."
"Agreed." he nods.

"M.C.R." I ask, his lips shift but he doesn't say anything, "They're my guilty pleasure."
"Poser!" he hisses.
"Shhh." I giggle, "You know you like you some Gerard."

"Dead Kennedys." he says purposely bumping into me.
"Punk royalty." I say bumping back, "Sex Pistols."
"I'd suck cock to see them play back in the day." he says with a wink, "Ramones."
"Smack me and call me a bitch, they own punk." I bump my hand against his, "The Clash."
"Well bitch," he laughs, I bump his hand again, "The Clash are pure musicgasm."

"You did not just say musicgasm." I gasp.
"I believe I just did." he taunts.
"That's my word."
"No way honey, I've been saying musicgasm way before you have." he sticks out his tongue.
"Nope, musicgasm is all me." I protest.
"You keep thinking that." he retorts.
"I will." I grin.

"Blink 182?"
"Another one of my guilty pleasures." I admit. He holds my hand. I swallow hard, "Bad Religion."
"Essential to any punk rock collection." he replies, "David Bowie?"
"He owns my panties." I say as we inch closer together.
"All of them?" Trevor asks jokingly.
"No, just one select pair." I joke back. His face lowers and he presses his lips against mine. "Misfits?"
"Love them."

My oh my Trevor is one yummy honey.

"So how long are you on the city for?" he asks me as we head out of HMV.
"I have to meet my cousin at the coffee shop across the street at 4:30."
"Great."
"Oh and I guess I should mention between now and 4:30 I have to buy a bathing suit." I say uneasily, "Kinda lied about why I came to the city today, my uncle's a bit of a hard ass."
"Oh well I guess I can put up with bathing suit shopping." he says fake complaining.

I sort of step into is grasp and plant a kiss on his lips. What can I say, I like kissing Trevor a little too much.

We walk around the mall a while until I see through a shop window some bathing suits I could actually see myself wearing. I drag Trevor in and secretly hate Simone for saying I needed a new bikini. That's all I need, Trevor to see every flaw on my body and run for the hills.

He wanders off to where the belts are and starts poking at some random novelty buckles as I look at the rack of bikinis. I pluck three or four different bikinis before heading into the dressing room.

I try on the first one, a red string bikini with a skull on the hip and left boob. It just so happens my boobs are completely popping out, nipples and all.
"How's it going in there?" I hear Trevor ask.
"Well, if I decide to become a themed stripper I'm on the right track." I laugh.
"Really?" he laughs.

I go to try on the next bikini, black with white star pattern. This one fits and covers so I open the dressing room door to show Trevor, holding my breath the whole time.
"Nice." he says.
"I have one more to try on." I say closing the door again. The last one fits as well, its black and red striped. I open the door to show them.
"This one, definitely." he grins.
"Perv." I say rolling my eyes as I head back into the changing room. I get dressed and feel incredibly awkward as I reappear before Trevor.

"Just so you know," I say at the till, "I don't usually prance around in a bikini on the first date."
"This was a date?" Trevor asks wide eyed.
"Yes, I've declared it so." I say firmly.
"So does that mean I have to buy you lunch?"
"It would be nice."
"Okay, I'm hungry anyway." he laughs as I pay for my purchase.

"So when's your next day off?" I ask later, at 4:15 to be exact.
"Umm Tuesday then Sunday." he says as we cross the street from the mall to the coffee shop.
"Bummer its a Tuesday." I grumble.
"Well I could meet you at the beach, maybe coax you into skipping volleyhell." he offers as he opens the door to the coffee shop.
"I'll talk to Simone and see if she can cover for me." I say as we sit on one of the nasty over-stuffed couches.
"Awesome." he says putting his arms behind me, he sorta half stares at me before leaning in for a kiss.

This kiss doesn't seem to be ending, but I don't mind. But unfortunately the sound of someone clearing their throat rings through our ears. We break apart and I see Simone standing there.
"Very nice there." she says cocking an eyebrow, "We have to leave."
"Alright, see ya." I sigh as I lean over to kiss Trevor one last time.
"Bye." he says as I get up and leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
The more comments I get the more motivated I'll be to write.