Status: On-going:)

Do You Want Me (Dead?)

Chapter Three

When I woke up the next morning, the first thought that struck me made me want to forget and lie in bed all day. You see, this particular day would be the first day at my new high school. All new teachers, peers, and a ready made community I'd somehow have to slot myself into. Ellie believed that my thoughts were complete stupidity and even jumped on me to make sure I got up. When her full body weight landed on me I yelped while she laughed, "Just get up, Belle!"
I pulled the covers up over my head and muffled my response, "Get off! Don't make me do this!"
Yanking away the covers and tossing them off to the other end of the room, she sighed. Her hair was tied back and she was in a white blouse with black pants. She looked rather clean cut but I knew it was required by her job. The lawyers office wanted their secretary to be a primped up symbol of themselves. It required her to be organized and polite, two things that weren't very typical traits in my sister. She frowned down at me with pursed lips, "I could ask the next door neighbour, Elena, to keep an eye out for you if you'd like? She's a senior and a very popular, kind person!"
"Look, don't ask people to baby-sit me!" I wailed. "I'll take care of myself!"
Ellie smiled and threw some of my new clothes at me, "That's better!"
I slipped into the blue ruffled shirt and jeans she'd handed to me. I added a black jacket and left my hair in it's usual messy curls. I had to admit, I looked pretty good. After hurrying downstairs and chowing down on a protien bar, Ellie drove me to school. She was wearing a cheerful smile that slowly faded as we entered the pretty small parking lot. I followed her gaze to see her enemy and a really pretty girl talking beside a black convertible. I rolled my eyes and climbed out the car after bidding her an unheard farewell.
As I crossed the car park towards where the office was inconveniently located knowing people were staring at me. Picking up the pace under the gaze of many pairs of eyes, I entered the office and gave the secretary my information. The young woman behind the desk popped her gum loudly and handed me a schedule of my classes. She didn't bother to offer me a map or even directions to my first period. I was left to walk around, searching for the right classroom up until the bell. I stumbled into my English class ten minutes late and recieved detention on the first day. There I was greeted by stares and nobody made a move to befriend me.
When the bell rang, I was in such a hurry to leave that my books fell and scattered across the ground. I fumbled with cramming the books back into my bag, until a girl started to help. She had long red hair and green eyes that were narrowed in the direction of the leaving class. She handed my a couple of books, "Sorry about them! They're being stupid! Anyway, I'm Peyton!"
"Ariah, but you can call me Ari." I answered with a smile. At least somebody was trying to reach out to me. "Thanks."
"No problem." She said warmly as she passed me the last book. "See you later Ari!"
A couple of classes rolled by and really nobody spoke to me. At lunch Peyton was quick to join me at my table, I think she was just trying to get away from the girls she usually sat with. Once we were done eating we headed to history together, she was telling me all about the very attractive Stefan. I had no clue who she was talking about really but it felt nice to be able to actually talk to a girl that wasn't being brain-washed that I was evil or crazy. The history teacher looked up from his desk when he heard the steady clack of my pumps as we walked into the classroom. He looked oddly familiar. There was bags under his eyes that I presumed were from lack of sleep.
He sighed, "One of the new students?"
I nodded and showed him my schedule, "Umm, yes... My name's Ariah Chrisworth."
"Well, Miss Chrisworth, why don't you take the spot on the back left desk! The middle seat!" He suggested.
"Mr Saltzman, I'm sorry for your loss!" Peyton murmmured taking away his attention. I followed his directions. The room was full of rows of desks that was meant to seat three, I assumed that due to the fact most of them did have three chairs pulled up to them. The rest of the class filed in shortly, including the boy from the night before. He paused when he noticed me and frowned as he continued his way over to the corner.
He brushed passed me and sat in the seat to my left, his eyes glancing at me every few moments. Even when Mr Saltzman started talking to us about british colonies the boy beside me was still shifting his eyes to me every so often. Eventually, I turned to him, "What keeping me up half the night wasn't enough? Now, you want to stare at me too?"
"Sorry," He said sarcastically. "Look, I don't know what you are but I'm onto you!"
I blinked, "What are you talking about?"
He opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by our annoyed teacher, "Miss Chrisworth, am I distracting you from your conversation with Jeremy?"
I shook my head and Mr Saltzman began to continue his lecture only to be interupted a few minutes later by the door swinging open. Another student walked in, apologizing for being late. She had soft chocolate skin and long hair that was a black color. She was smiling, but their was a hint of a smirk in her face. Saltzman frowned and sent her to sit at the back table with myself and Mr Weirdo, which she obliged. She sighed as she sat down, "He's got a terrible hangover today! Not setting the greatest example to us students, is he?"
"Umm... I suppose not..." I was shocked that she had been so quick to talk to me.
She smiled, "I think it's wonderful! Now everybody can walk into school like him! Oh, I'm Tammy Bennett!"
I took her outstretched hand, "Ariah Chrisworth. Most just call me Ari."
"Well Ari, who is the handsome stranger that's on your other side?" She asked curiously. "I believe he's dating my lovely cousin."
Jeremy looked at Tammy with his eyes wide.
The rest of class was not bad at all, actually. Tammy whispered commentary about the words Mr Saltzman was reciting and I found myself desperately trying not to laugh. Peyton walked out with three blondes after class, I sighed and collected all my books into my bag. It was a minute before I noticed that Tammy was waiting halfway across the classroom for me. I thanked her for waiting and we headed to our next class which we happened to have together. Gym. I've always hated gym with a passion. But gym with Tammy didn't sound terrible at all.
When we walked out, I immediately saw a group of three girls with Jeremy. They all stared at us, their faces awfully unfriendly. One with dark skin strolled over to us holding Mr. Weirdo's hand. Tammy smirked at the approaching couple, "Hey Bonnie! I haven't seen you in forever! How long has it been? Ten years? Time flies!"
"What are you doing here, Tammy?" Bonnie responded coldly. "You know Grams is no longer here!"
"I know, Mary and I came back to be more in touch with our ancestors."
I was momentarily distracted by Jeremy's looking at me again and I sighed, "Seriously, I have no clue what you were talking about earlier!"
Bonnie stared at me then, "Hi. You must be Ellie's sister. I'm Bonnie."
"Ari." I answered simply. I shook her hand and she froze up. She glanced between Jeremy and I in confusion.
Their other two friends walked over and I noticed a very dark luminous glow around the blonde. My heart started to pound nervously in my chest as they continued their approach. Jeremy must have seen the look of sheer terror that had filled my face because he touched my bare forearm lightly. When he did my skin tingled from the contact, and he murmmured, "Are you okay?"
I nodded, breathlessly taking a step back. The other two seemed oblivious to us as they glared at each oher and the two girls who were now joining us examined me. The blonde tilted her head to the side, "I've never met you before..."
"I'm new to town-"
"You're Ellie Chrisworth's sister right?" The brunnette's tone was cheerful, welcoming. "I'm Elena. Jeremy and I live next door to your sister."
I smiled slightly, "She mentioned you did."
Elena grinned, "She talks about you a lot! Told us you've always wanted to be a cheerleader?"
We talked about Ellie and cheer for a few moments until the teacher walked out and demanded we seperate into pairs to play tennis. I tugged Tammy away from her glaring match with her cousin and grabbed us two rackets. We played very badly for a while, hitting the ball over the net was a challenge for the both of us. Tammy wasn't paying much attention and I have no hand-eye coordination. Too soon class ended and school was over. Tammy bidded me goodbye and we both parted to head home.