Status: On-going:)

Do You Want Me (Dead?)

Chapter Four

A week passed and nothing really happened.
Peyton continued to eat lunch with me but Tammy joined us happily. Tammy and I were growing closer and she was due to come to my house that night for dinner. Peyton was invited but decided it would be a bad idea. I had no clue why until that friday in history class. When Jeremy strolled in that morning, the two girls from the night five days prior were following him. Most nights I'd seen him pacing his room (that was opposite mine with our windows facing each other) talking to the two girls angrily. They followed him through the class and when the tanned one caught sight of Peyton she laughed, "Oh it's the little slut Peyton!"
Peyton didn't appear to hear her, in fact she didn't even blinked at the sight of the two girls. It was like they didn't exist. They followed Jeremy to our desk and they frowned, "Oh it's you again!"
Jeremy greeted me before I could respond to them, "Hello Ariah."
"Jeremy." I said simply. It was like he didn't see them either. I started panicing. I hadn't taken my crazy pills this morning, I hadn't in a while. It was just my delusional side of me I decided. I turned to face the front and ignore the girls, just as Tammy strutted in. The lesson started as it usually did. Mr Saltzman turned on a movie about 9/11 and we mostly sat in silence. Behind me there was a running commentary about everybody in the class from the tanned brunette. The young asian girl was silent but was carefully wedging herself between Jeremy's seat and mine. My delusions were clearly getting worse. So much worse.
I stared at the clock the whole class period and time never seemed to move. When the lights were flicked back on, I blinked at Tammy. She stretched with a smile, "Unexpected?"
"Yeah, I guess..." I mumbled glancing at the two girls behind Jeremy. The bell rang and I got up quickly. Too quickly, I noticed when I stumbled back.
Straight through the short asian girl. I felt all the color drain from my face. I'd been thinking that she'd been one of my delusions but Jeremy was staring straight at the girl I'd fallen through as she simply shrugged it off. He looked mad almost. Tammy stared at me, "Ari? You okay?"
I nodded and we headed out of the now deserted classroom. While we dressed out and walked out onto the sunny tennis courts, I was in a daze. I couldn't concentrate. Jeremy walked out accompanied by the two girls while we were stretching. Without a thought I blurted out, "Do you see those girls? Walking behind Jeremy!"
She glanced up at me first then Jeremy, "No... Are you feeling okay? You look like you've seen a ghost!"
Suddenly my feet were taking me over to where Jeremy now stood. He was wrapping his arm around her waist while she pecked his cheek, it was rather cute actually. The two girls were glaring daggers into Bonnie's back, the tanned one even resulting in calling her some very uncalled for names. Jeremy cringed slightly but again he was the only one that reacted. Anyway I just had to interupt. I tapped Jeremy's shoulder since he had his back to me. Elena, Bonnie, Jeremy and Caroline all stared at me. I frowned, "Jeremy, I need to speak to you. Alone."
Bonnie pushed him toward me and I lead him to the stands. His two admirerers followed us, obviously ignoring the fact I wanted him alone. I sat down and so did he, there was a moment of silence before I began, "You see and hear those two girls right?"
"We have names, you know!" The mouthy one pointed out. "I'm Vicki!"
"And I'm Anna." The other stated.
I rolled my eyes as Jeremy just sighed, "Yes."
"So how can you see my delusions?"
Vicki laughed, "Don't be stupid! You're imagination couldn't possibly think up us!"
Jeremy put his face in his hands, "They're not your delusions!"
I was shocked at this comment. Of course they were, what else could they be?
"What do you mean?" I asked in a soft voice.
Anna glared at Jeremy, "We're his ex-girlfriends!"
Vicki smirked, "His dead ex-girlfriends! We're ghosts!"
My head started to swirl. Ghosts? There was no such thing. I felt dizzy and then the floor disappeared from beneath me.
I had fainted.