Status: On-going:)

Do You Want Me (Dead?)

Chapter Five

The first thing I was concious of was a cool wet fabric that was pressed against my head. Then I smelt wood, leather, and cinamon. There was a chilliness about the room that struck me straight to my core. It was in the air all around me, sorrounding me and swallowing me, engulfing me and drowning me. That's when I heard familiar voices discussing me casually.
"What do we do when she wakes up?" Tammy's voice asked curiously.
"Hope she doesn't remember anything?" Bonnie murmmured.
Elena sounded closer than the other two, "Have Caroline compel her?"
"I'm up for that!" Caroline said in a nonchalant tone.
"Maybe," Jeremy started. "We should just tell her the whole truth. I mean, she's part of the super natural now too."
I stirred theatrically and opened my eyes to see Elena sitting across a couch from me. Wait. A couch? I sat up and examined my new surroundings. Pictures of Elena, Jeremy and their parents filled the room, telling me this was their home. The rest of my gym classmates were standing in the doorway accompanied by Vicki, Anna, and another woman. She had soft caramel hair and hazel eyes that followed me. I stared at the group in fear, "What are you?"
Bonnie opened her mouth to tell me a lie but Tammy cut her off, "Bonnie and I are witches, Caroline's a vampire, Jeremy's being haunted and Elena's boyfriend is a vampire! There, done!"
Bonnie glared at her, "What if she runs off and tells everybody now?"
Jeremy was watching me from the door frame and cut in the conversation knowledgebly, "She can't because she sees the dead."
"Jer," Elena sighed growing impatient. "Nobody can see ghosts!"
The new lady glanced between the siblings before adressing me, "Hello Ari. My name is Jenna Sommers."
I nodded, "Hello."
Caroline sharply turned to look at me, "What?"
I pointed to Jenna, "I said 'hello' to Jenna Sommers!"
The gilbert teens's faces went white as they glanced at where I was pointing. Bonnie spoke up, "That's not a funny joke Ari! Not funny at all!"
"Tell them I miss them." Jenna ordered softly.
"She," I relayed carefully. "She misses you."
Jeremy gave Elena a pointed look, "I told you-"
"I don't see the dead!" I yelled. "I don't! I'm delusional! I always have been!"
Tammy raised her eyebrow, "Do you honestly believe that? Or is that what people have told you?"
That caused me to bite my lip. That's what my parents had always told me, my doctors and relatives did too. I didn't question them, maybe I should have. But the idea of such fictional things existing didn't seem a plausable explanation either. I closed my eyes, "But the creatures you speak of are just halloween costumes and monsters in books! Being phsyco is a way more reasonable idea! I can't even believe you're trying to convince me that you're a witch!"
Anna was standing very close to Jeremy, "Listen to them."
"Yeah!" Vicki's annoying voice contributed also. "Stop being a blonde bimbo and see whats clearly infront of your eyes!"
I covered my ears, "Urgh! I'm leaving!"
I swept out of the room and Elena jumped forward to stop me. Just when I'd reached the open front door, a man shut it on me. A gorgeous and hot young man. I recognized Damon Salvatore as he smirked, "Now how about we talk about this rationally-"
"Move!" I ordered angrily. Which with the hind-sight knowledge I had now, was a pretty stupid move. I'm lucky with Damon's track record he didn't snap my neck right then and there and then drained me dry.
Instead he hissed at me. A deathly snake hiss that chilled me to the core. His eyes turned blood red and his usually arrogant face sickly with veins protruding from his lovely bone structure. Then I spotted the two canines that had grown into fangs in a matter of seconds. The whole moment scarred my mind for life. I almost peed myself at that moment. I gasped and backed away in terror. I felt tears fall down my cheeks as I came to the conclusion that all they'd said was true. There was something severely wrong with me, people weren't meant to be able to communicate with the dead.
Tanned, warm arms enfolded me as Elena pulled me to her chest.