Status: Active (:

My Brother

Amusement Parks

"Riding in the car, in the car, in the car, riding in the car cuz we're not there! We're not there yet, not yet, not yet, we're not there yet cuz the car's too slow!" I sang loudly as I sat in the back of the red SUV with Sterling, on the way to Busch Gardens, all the way in Williamsburg, Virginia.

"Oh my God Morgan, will you shut up! You've been singing for the past 30 minutes!" Sterling yelled at me. I laughed.

"Fine, fine. Ruin all my fun." I said, still laughing. "Dad, how much longer until we get there?"

"20 minutes."

"Really?? YAY!" I screamed, waking up Seth and Alex, who were sitting in the middle seat. They turned around and looked at me angrily. "What? We're almost there!" They instantly smiled, and turned back around. Seth got out one of his games and started playing, while Alex starting texting who I'm guessing is Hannah. I layed my head on Sterling's shoulder.

20 minutes [exactly] later, we pulled into the parking lot of Busch Gardens. It was seriously about 95 degrees outside, which was really hot for Virginia, not so unusual for Alabama. Dad, Seth, and Sterling were wearing cargo shorts and Alabama shirts (not the same shirts though, haha). Leigh was wearing shorts and a Bama shirt, Alex was wearing shorts and just a plain red shirt, and I was wearing shorts and a red and white striped bikini top, since we would be going to Water Country after we left Busch Gardens. I was wearing the bikini bottom under my shorts. Alex had her bathing suit on under her clothes, too, Dad and Leigh weren't gonna get in the water, and Sterling and Seth were just gonna wear the shorts they were already wearing.

After getting through the gate where they check your tickets and bags and stuff, we walked into the park. I looked around and smiled.

"Alright, so, I know you guys don't want all of us to walk together, so how are we gonna do this?" Dad asked.

"I'll go alone." Alex said, holding her hand up. Dad and Leigh nodded.

"So, Sterling, Morgan, and Seth, you three stay together. Leigh and I will walk around on our own."

We all nodded in agreement. "Do you all have your money and cell phones?" Leigh asked. We all nodded again.

We all split up, and Sterling, Seth and I headed over to the Lochness Monster, my favorite rollercoaster in Busch Gardens. Me and Sterling rode together, our arms linked together (I always sit like that on upside down rollercoasters if I'm riding with someone I know), with Seth sitting behind us.

I made them ride it with me around 20 more times. Then we rode Apollo's Chariot, the Griffon, and every other roller coaster and ride in Busch Gardens. Once we left, we headed off to Water Country.

The first thing I dragged the boys over to was The Edge. We went up to the top, and when it was our turn, we saw that the tubes only had two seats. We stared at it for a second.

"So...whose not gonna ride?" I asked.

"I'll ride alone." Seth said. He got on the tube, and the guy pushed it over the edge. Seth screamed, and it went down the side closest to us, up the other side, and just back and forth until it finally stopped in the middle. He got off, and the guy at the top set another two person tube in front of me and Sterling. Sterling sat down on it immediately, and I stared at it wide eyed.

"You gonna ride?" Sterling asked. I slowly nodded, and sat on the hole in the back. I held onto the handles for dear life and wrapped my legs around Sterling. The guy pushed the tube over the edge. As we were falling at an almost 90 degree angle, I screamed my head off. Sterling (who wasn't wearing a hat for once) pretty much laughed and screamed at the same time. I figured going up the other side wouldn't be as scary...I was wrong. I screamed my head off until the tube came to a complete stop. Actually, even then I was still screaming. Sterling was absolutely dying of laughter. One of the attendants helped us up, and we walked off the ride while the attendant took the tube and put it with the others.

Hours later, we met Alex, Dad, and Leigh, and headed to the exit. As we were about to leave, I spotted the Xtreme Skyflier.

"Dad....can I ride that???" I asked, pointing to the ride. Dad looked over at it, and sighed.

"I guess so. Whose gonna ride with you?"

"I will." Sterling said, smiling, most likely looking forward to watching me scream my head off. Again.

We walked over to the ride, and Dad paid the guy (it's one of the rides where you have to pay extra). The guy got us all suited up in our harnesses and stuff, then told us to stand on this platform. He took these clips and attatched them to the hooks on our harnesses, and made sure they were secure.

"Lean forward." He said. We did, and the harnesses stopped us so we were in a laying down position.

"Okay, the cords are gonna slowly lift you up to the top. When you get up there, whenever you're ready, you'll have to pull the rip cord." he said, motioning to Sterling. "And then it'll drop you, and you'll swing back and forth until we come and stop you. You ready?" We nodded.

He walked away, and the cords slowly started pulling us up. Sterling and I had our arms linked together, and I was scared out of my mind, suddenly thinking this wasn't such a good idea. Sterling looked at me and smiled.

"You okay?" he asked quietly.

"No. I didn't know it was this high up!" I said, closing my eyes tightly as we stopped at the top of the structure.

"Calm down, it'll be okay." he said. "You ready?" he asked, gripping the rip cord. I slowly nodded, and he pulled the cord.

We flew towards the ground as we both screamed our heads off. As we got to the bottom and started to swing forward, I smiled and held my arms out like Superman. Sterling laughed at me. Don't get me wrong, the fall down was hell and I will NEVER do this again, but the swinging was alot of fun.

When we got off, I was shaking like crazy. My family laughed and hugged us both, and we went back to our car. 5 minutes after we left the parking lot, I fell asleep laying on Sterling's shoulder.