Status: Active (:

My Brother

Break Ups

I walked with Sterling into the front doors of Hillcrest High, wearing my black and white checkered backpack. Sterling shoved his car keys into his pocket, and looked down at me.

"You gonna be okay?" he asked, smiling.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I said, smiling as I spotted Molly and Beverly waving at me from the 9th grade hallway. I waved back.

"Alright, I'll see you after school. You have...what practice after school?"

"Softball, at 4:30. It ends at 6."

"Ah. Football ends at 6 too, are you riding home with me?"

"Yupp. I'm 13, I can't drive."

"Good point. Anyways, have a good first day, and I'll see you after practice."

"Okay. Bye." I said, hugging him. He half-hugged me back, and we went our separate ways.

I went through Drama (which I ended up having with Jacob), Spanish (with Amy and Troy), and Algebra 1a (none of my good friends are in that class). I headed back to my locker and got my Science binder and agenda, and went to Mrs. Bunting's classroom. The desks were in sets of two. There were four sets across the front, with sets in each row. Josh Gryder was sitting at one in the set of desks in the front to the far left of the class, and Sable was sitting at the set behind him.

"Morgan! Come here!" Sable yelled. I smiled and walked over to her.

"You gonna sit with me?" she asked.

"No, Christian has this class, it's the only one I have with him so I'm gonna sit with him."

"Oh, okay. We have history together don't we? We can sit together then."

"Alright." I said. Christian walked in, with his friends Spencer, Clifton, and a new kid named Josiah. They walked up to me. Christian gave me a kiss (the teacher hadn't gotten here yet), and Clifton smiled at me. I bit my lip and tucked my hair behind me ear. His eyes scanned over my body.

"Hey, are you gonna sit with me?" he asked, smiling. I smiled back.

"Yeah. Can we sit here so I can be behind Sable?" I asked, pointing to the set of desks behind Sable. He nodded. We sat there while Spencer and Clifton sat at the set behind us. Joe, pretty much the schools most hated kid, walked in and sat alone at the other side of the room.

Our teacher came in and started the class. She called on Joe for something, and once he answered, Christian, Spencer, and Clifton laughed and started mocking him.

"Christian, stop..." I said quietly, looking down at my desk.

"What?" he asked, still laughing.

"Leave him alone...he can't help the way his voice sounds, he doesn't have any friends, and I personally feel sorry for him."

"How can you feel sorry for him?" Spencer asked.

"I just do Spencer, it's none of your damn buisness!" I hissed, hoping Mrs. Nichols couldn't hear me.

"Whoa whoa whoa, Morg, calm down." Christian said, laughing, apparently finding my use of bad language funny. "When did you become such a bitch?"

I gasped. "When did you become such a jerk!" I almost yelled, but stopped myself just in time.

"What the hell, Morgan?"

"Just...maybe....maybe we should break up..." I whispered, looking down at my desk.

"What?" he said. I looked up and saw the amount of hurt in his eyes completely matched mine.

"You heard me..."

He sighed. "Alright...so you're not my girlfriend anymore."

"And you're not my boyfriend."

Spencer and Clifton looked completely in shock. We looked separate directions and stayed like that for the rest of class.