Status: Active (:

My Brother

You Are An Idiot!

I sat in the living room, watching Oobi.

Yes. I was that bored.

It was around 2 in the afternoon, on a Wednesday. During the summer.

Alex was with her boyfriend Kam, Seth was at baseball practice, Dad and Leigh were at work (they both work at a car company), Sterling was hanging out at the river with a group of his friends, so I was stuck at home alone. I was about to fall asleep when the door opened. Sterling walked in, holding his limp, bloody, left arm. He sat down on the couch beside me. His arm and shirt were absolutely covered in blood.

"Sterling! What the hell did you do??" I said, gently touching his arm. He hissed in pain.

"Well, me and my friends, at the river were making our own Jackass videos..." he said.

"WHAT?!?! Why would you do that?"

"Because it was fun..."

"Sterling! Now I'm gonna have to call Dad, and he'll have to leave work, and he's gonna be soooo pissed off!"

"No, don't call Dad. It's honestly not that bad."

"Not that bad? Not that bad?!?! Look at your arm, Sterling! You are COVERED in blood! You can't even stand for me to poke it! You probably broke something! God Sterling, you're so stupid!"

"Calm down, Morgan."

"No Sterling, I will not calm down! Ugh!"

I got up and stomped off into the kitchen to pick up the phone while Sterling stared at me helplessly from the couch. I will have no mercy! I picked up the phone and dialed Dad's phone number.

Ring...Ring....Ring...

"You've reached the Honda company in Vance, Alabama, this is Gene Cameron, how can I help you?" My dad's voice said.

"Hey, Dad."

"Oh hey Morgan, did you need something?"

"Yeah, umm...do you think you can get out of work for the rest of the day?"

"Why? What's going on?"

"Well...your son is an idiot."

"Morgan, what happened to Sterling?"

"Him and his friends were down at the river, making their own Jackass movies-"

"They were making Jackass movies???"

"Yes. And, I don't actually know what he did, but he just showed up with a bloody left arm that kills him when I poke it."

"I'll be there in about 20 minutes."

"Okay. See ya then Dad."

"Bye Morgan. Thanks for telling me."

"No problem. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and walked back into the living room, where Sterling had changed the channel to Jackass.

"What did he say?" Sterling asked.

"Not much. He'll be here in about 20 minutes. And I would change that if I were you, because Dad surely won't appreciate you watching Jackass now. He doesn't like the show in the first place."

"You're right." He sighed and changed the channel back to Oobi.

"...How can you watch this?" he said after about 5 minutes. I just laughed.

We watched it together until we heard the key in the lock. We muted the TV and stared at the door, awaiting Sterling's fate.

Dad walked in silently. He stood by the counter and stared at us in silence for about 5 minutes.

"C'mon, Sterling. Get in the car." He said, walking out the door. Sterling looked at me sadly. I shrugged. He sighed, stood up, and went out the door to get in Dad's car, closing the front door behind him.

"Well. He's a goner." I said, turning the volume back on the TV.

~~

"Morgan...wake up." someone said, shaking me. I opened my eyes. It was dark in the living room. The TV was on, playing Ella Enchanted. One of my favorite movies. I sat up and turned around, looking at who woke me up. It was Leigh. "Go to bed, sweety. You fell asleep on the couch, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to sleep there all night."

"No, I wouldn't." I said, standing up and yawning. "What time is it?"

"10."

"Where is everyone?"

"Alex is spending the night at Lydia's, and Seth at Max's. Sterling's spending the night at the hospital."

"Is he gonna be okay?"

"Fine. He broke his left arm in two places, and he'll be able to come home tomorrow at around noon. He'll have to wear a cast for six weeks. He's also grounded for a month."

"Oooh...I guess the punishment could have been worse. Where were you? You get off work at 6."

"I've been at the hospital with your father and Sterling."

"And where's Dad?"

"Taking a shower. We both took tomorrow off work so we can go pick up Sterling tomorrow."

"Oh...well...I'm extremely tired...I'm going to bed."

"Okay, that's good. After your dad gets out of the shower, I'm gonna take a shower, then go to bed."

"Alright...good night."

"Good night honey. Do you want us to wake you up when we go to the hospital tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I can't not go see him. And, you know, tease him for it."

Leigh laughed. "Okay, well, I think you should go to bed since we're leaving at about 10 and I know how you like to sleep until 3."

"Kay. Love ya, Leigh."

"Love you too, Morgan."

She gave me a hug, and I headed up to my room. I changed into a black tank top and my red cheerleading shorts, and crawled into my warm, comfortable bed, smiling to myself thinking about what I was gonna say to Sterling tomorrow.