Status: Active (:

My Brother

Heartfelt Talk

Eleven o'clock at night, pitch black outside, freezing cold because it's early December. Yet, here I am, sitting on the porch swing, wearing one of my dad's huge gray sweatshirts and my black spandex cheerleading shorts. Leaning my head against the chain holding the wooden swing to the top of the roof, my wet hair hanging down over my shoulders. I had one leg against my body, and the other hanging down with only my toes touching the wood of the porch, gently rocking myself back and forth.

Andrew had dumped me. Just completely out of nowhere. I meant nothing to him, that sure is obvious. All for Stephanie Walton.

It didn't really bother me that Andrew broke up with me. To be completely honest, I wasn't nearly as into him as I let on. What really bothered me was that he broke up with me for another girl. Was I not good enough for him? Really, was I good enough for anyone? It seemed like everyone was choosing other people over me. Clifton left me for Alexis, Andrew left me for Stephanie, even Christian moved on to Ashleigh. I can't say I'm mad at Christian, though, I mean I broke up with him, he can ask someone else out if he wants.

All I want is Christian. I'm in love. Ever since the moment I began going out with Clifton, I knew I would never be happy unless it was Christian there, kissing my forehead and telling me he loved me, that he wanted no one but me. And of course, I had to ruin it.

I heard the door open. I turned to see Sterling walking out, wearing the red football sweatshirt he was forever wearing, and his blue gym shorts (why we were outside wearing shorts in December, I don't know). He came and sat beside me.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I shook my head. He sighed and put his arm around me, pulling me over so I was laying on him. I cried, and hugged him back. He stroked my hair.

"Oh Sterling, why am I not good enough for anyone?" I asked.

"Don't say that, Morgan. You are amazing, and if Clifton and Andrew can't see that, then they are dumbasses."

I smiled a little. "Thanks Sterling. You know, I'm not too upset about breaking up with Andrew. Just, why would he choose Stephanie over me? And why would Clifton choose Alexis? What's wrong with me?"

"There's nothing wrong with you. Like I said, they're dumbasses."

"I really want Christian back."

"And I'm sure you could get him. I know you can't see yourself, but you and Christian were great together. As much as it hurts me to say this, I could pretty much see you two getting married."

I giggled. "Really?"

"Really."

"Mrs. Morgan Stinnette?"

"Morgan?"

"Yes?"

"Stop talking about it."

I laughed. "Aww, does tough little Sterling not like the thought of his baby sister growing up and marrying attractive men?"

"No. Tough little Sterling does not like that."

"Oh Sterlin. I love you."

"I love you, too, Morgan." He kissed the top of my head, then said he was getting really tired and went inside to go to bed.

As I continued to sit there with my head leaning against the chain, I thought, could I get Christian?

It was worth a try. Even if he was Ashleigh's.

He was mine first.