Status: Active (:

My Brother

Newspaper Run

"Please oh please oh please oh please!" I begged, pulling on the sleeve of Sterling's hoodie.

"No! I took you once, you went with Molly once, you went with Christian once, I won't take you again! The movie isn't even that good!"

"I love Devil! I have to see him again!"

"Morgan! Get a hold of yourself! The movie will come out on DVD!"

"BUT WHO KNOWS WHEN THAT WILL BE!"

"I don't know, but it will happened eventually."

"Aghhh!"

"Why do you think he's so hot anyways? He's definately not the type of guy you normally say that about."

"But...oh, I don't know. I just do."

"Get over yourself woman!"

I started laughing. "Alright, alright. I'll stop asking."

"Good, because I wasn't going to give in. I didn't really like it the first time I saw it. Plus, Vince dies first, you wouldn't even get to see him for that long!"

"But, the comfort that he's still laying there in the corner of that elevator."

"Dead."

"Shut up!"

Sterling laughed as I hit him in the shoulder.

We were walking down the street, to the shitty little conveniant store to pick up a paper for dad. Sure, we could have taken Papa Smurf and been done with it in five minutes rather than walk there and back, taking around fifteen, but there were good things about walking. One, it gave us more time to talk, two, we could easily yell at the people we passed, three, we could hear better without the roaring sound of the wind blowing through the open windows, since Papa Smurf doesn't have air conditioning, and four, us taking that long would piss dad off.

"Hey, put a shirt on, no one wants to see that!" Sterling yelled at two boys sitting on bikes in their front yard, wearing nothing but basketball shorts.

"Why would they do that in December anyways?" I asked, laughing. He shrugged. The boys just stared at us.

Eventually we made it to the store, bought the paper, then began the journey home.

Walking through the front door felt so good. It was absolutely freezing outside (proving my point that the boys up the road are insane), and so warm and toasty inside.

"What took you guys so damn long?!" Dad yelled from the living room, where he sat on the couch, drinking a beer and watching ESPN.

"We decided to walk it." Sterling said, tossing the paper on the couch beside him.

"What the hell did y'all do that for?"

"Cuz we felt like it." I said, shrugging. Dad put his beer down in the cupholder, and started reading the paper.

After watching ESPN with dad for a good hour, Sterling and I went into our rooms to pack to go to mom's for the weekend. Well, actually a day, since we had convinced her to let us stay one more day.

I had my Hello Kitty bag packed, and Sterling had his Hillcrest duffle bag. We went outside and got into Papa Smurf, and headed of to the strange place we call our mother's house.