Status: Active (:

My Brother

Invitation

I groaned, rolling over in my bed, burying my face in the pillow. I was extremely comfortable, but I couldn't really breathe and I couldn't go too much longer without knowing what time it was. So, I unwillingly turned only my head to see my digital clock that was on my nightstand. 3:00. I sighed, knowing I should get up, and if I didn't I'd shortly have to face the wrath of a very energetic, very bored Sterling.

I sat up, but stayed sitting on my bed for awhile. After realising that sitting there certainly wasn't accomplishing anything, I went in my bathroom, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and put a tiny bit of makeup on (just eyeliner, mascara, and very light eyeshadow).

I changed into my loose black "I <3 Metal" tank top and a pair of basketball shorts I had stolen from Sterling about a month ago, which he still didn't know about. They fell down as soon as I got them up, so I pulled them back up, tying the drawstring this time, and laughing. I walked downstairs. Sterling was sitting on the couch, watching TV (what else does he do?).

"Hey, lazy." I said. He turned to look at me and smiled.

"Hey girl. Finally got up?"

"Yup."

"Darn. And I was looking forward to waking you up."

"Why?"

"Because I could find a way to scare you."

"You couldn't be loud."

"Why not?"

"Uh, hello? Dad? Leigh? Seth? Alex? Any of those names ring a bell?"

"Dad and Leigh had to work, Alex is shopping, and Seth's at Max's."

"Is Seth ever going to come home?"

"I think he and Max are coming over tomorrow to stay for at least three days."

"Oh joy.."

"It won't be too bad, they generally entertain themselves."

"I guess you're right."

"I guess I am. Hey, aren't those my shorts?"

I just smiled and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a can of Coke out of the fridge.

"Why did you take my shorts?" he asked.

"Because I like basketball shorts."

"I like basketball shorts, too!"

"Then go buy some."

"Um, I had a pair, until a certain 13 year old decided they would look good on her."

I smiled. "Oh, and your pretty fat, by the way."

"That's not nice."

"It's true."

I went back into the living room, joining his boredom. Then, the phone rang.

"Thank God! PEOPLE!" I yelled, picking up the phone off the receiver.

"Hello?" I said cheerfully.

"Morgan!" Sable shrieked. She was always shrieking. Shrieking Serena. That's what we called her.

"Yes? Oh, and thanks for causing permanent damage to my ears."

"You're welcome. So...my mom is taking me to the fair, and she said I could take four people. Can you come?"

"Sure. Nothing else to do. Besides wallowing in my boredom with Sterling over here."

"Good. I invited Amy, and she said she could come, and I'm inviting Troy. You invite Eli."

"Why don't you invite him? It's your shindig."

"...Shindig?"

"Yes."

"Wow. And I can't invite him because I don't have his number."

"I can give it to you."

"I don't text."

"You can call."

"He likes you more anyways!"

"...True dat."

"Fine. I ask Troy, you ask Eli."

"Okies."

"Alright, we're leaving Thursday. I'll call you before then. Love ya babe!"

"Love you too."

"Bye!"

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and put it back on the receiver, smiling.

"Shreiking Serena?" Sterling asked. He had started that nickname. I laughed.

"Yes."

"What did she have to say?"

"She was inviting me to go to the fair with her Thursday. Amy's coming, and she's gonna invite Troy, and I'm gonna invite Eli."

"No Christian?"

"Sable and Christian hate each other."

"Oh yeah..."

"...What day is it?"

"Monday."

"Yay! Only three more days!" I yelled running upstairs to get my phone so I could invite Eli.