Status: Active (:

My Brother

Pre-Fair

I woke up happily on the day of the fair. I jumped out of bed, and skipped (yes, skipped) to my closet. I opened it and stared at the clothes for around ten minutes before grabbing a pair of my Daisy Dukes and my tight black shirt that says "I <3 Jimmy Pop" on it. I loved that shirt more than any other piece of clothing I own. I quickly took a shower and brushed my teeth before changing into my clothes and going back into my bathroom to do my hair. I brushed it, then took my curling iron and made it all wavy. After I was satisfied with my hair, I went on to makeup. I put on black eyeliner and mascara, then light blue eyeshadow, and light pink lip gloss. I went back to my closet and got out a pair of red Converse high tops. I put them on, made my bed, grabbed my cell phone and left the room, turning the light off and closing the door behind me. I walked into the hallway and to the stairs, then slid down the railing and walked into the living room.

"Sterling, my dear!" I said to my brother, who was sitting on the couch watching Jackass. Why doesn't he do anything else? Oh yeah. Grounded, with a broken arm.

"Hey. Where you goin?"

"Fair. Remember? With Sable, Troy, and Eli?"

"Oh yeah! Whose taking you to Sable's?"

"They're picking me up here. Speaking of which, they should be here in like, ten minutes."

"Okay. Wanna watch Jackass with me?"

"Of course. You know that's my favorite."

I went over to the couch, laying down on it with my feet in his lap. We were watching the show on MTV, so everything was bleeped and censored and simply less fun. After around fifteen minutes of our favorite show, there was a knock at the door.

"I shall get it! It's probably Sable, anyways." I said, standing up from the couch and making my way to the door. I opened it to reveal one of my best friends, Sable, standing there and smiling at me.

Sable has been my best friend for a few years now. She's shorter than me, but all but maybe two of my girl friends are. I'm 5'8"(while Sterling is..oh, I'd say 6'1" at the least), and Sable is...well, I believe she's 5'4". She has shoulder length black hair, and has very pale skin. She plays clarinet in the marching band and is also on the track team. My other friend (who is also Sable's best friend), is Amy. She's quite short, at only 4'11". Her hair is a few centimeters longer than chin length, and is wavy, and a very light brown. She has really pretty gray eyes which make me think of wolves. I don't exactly know why. She's very quiet and sweet, and isn't on any teams, but loves art. Eli is another one of our close friends. He's really awesome. He has red hair (well, whether it's a dark red or just a really weird color of brown is debatable), glasses, and freckles, so everyone calls him Chucky because he looks like Chucky from The Rugrats. He's also short, probably not much taller than 5 feet, and is really funny. He is on the soccer team. And lastly, Troy. Another shortie, who sounds like a six year old when we talk on Skype or Xbox live. He has brown hair and glasses. He's not on any teams either. So obsessed with his Xbox. Well, Christian is too, and we talk on Xbox constantly.

Oh, and as for me, because I know I never mentioned it, I'm on a few teams too. I'm on the JV cheerleading team (obviously), the Varsity softball team, and I take drama so I suppose that could count as something special even though it's one of my classes. Oh, and me and my friends are all going into 9th grade, while Sterling is going into 10th. He should be going into 11th, but he failed somewhere along the line.

"Sable!!!" I screamed, hugging her.

"Morgan!" she screamed, which hurt my ears extremely badly.

"Troy and Eli in the car?"

"Nah, you're first."

"Oh, I feel special."

"You should." She said. She looked at my outfit. "Wow. Nice Morgan. Daisy Dukes? Really?"

"Why, of course!"

"Haha! Well, let's go, mom's gonna get pissy."

"Okay, I gotta go tell Sterling that I'm leaving."

"Okay, I'll be waiting in the car." She said, turning and walking back to her mom's Cadillac.

I walked back into the house and where Sterling was.

"Was it Sable?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm leaving now."

"Okay, Bye."

"Bye Sterlin." I said, giving him a hug. I ran outside to Sable's car and hopped in the backseat while she sat in the front. Her mom pulled out of our driveway and headed to Troy's house.