Angels Fall First

The quiet before the storm.

I was not afraid anymore.

My fears had been confronted. I overcame them with my inner strength. That day had definitely been the best of my life. It was all over.

Pictures of their perplexed faces as I left the classroom with my head up high filled my mind, making a smile grow on my pale lips. Something I missed and yearned for a long, long time. My life could not get any better. I was proud of my self.

At last.

As I layed on my bed, looking at my decorated ceiling with a goofy smile of pride plastered on my face, my cellphone's ringtone went off. I forced myself out of my bubble of euphoria and took my cellphone, pressing the button to answer the call.

"Hello?" I answered, the word dancing its way out of my lips, not gloomily as it used to in the past.

"Sophie? Is that you?" the voice on the other side asked confused. A chuckle escaped my mouth, something that had even surprised me. I hadn't laughed in years.

"Yes, what's up?" I answered my friend Ginny's question.

Ginny was very much like me - An outcast, lover of the Gothic fashion; of the so-called abnormal. Sadly, she attended another high school. She was forced by her classmates to move away. They had attacked her many times, the last time being almost lethal for her.

"I am good..." She answered, the words slowly rolling off her tongue "Are you okay? You sound...Happy!" She gasped.

"Yes, I am actually" I responded "Something very interesting happened today at school"

I told her everything in great detail. She got furious, then happy, laughed at my teacher's reaction and at last proud of how I had acted and responded to Ryan's pathetic accusations.

We conversed for at least two hours and decided to meet up with some of our friends (Who studied with her as well) at 10 PM, in Stubbylee Park. The excitement was not late to come, nothing could go wrong now.

It was all behind me.

•••••


Ryan slammed the door of his house behind him, the sound echoing through the empty apartment. He threw his school bag on the floor and made his way towards his room.

He had never felt so humiliated. Someone actually stood up for themselves against him, and it was none other but Sophie 'The freak' Lancaster. A hiss came out from his mouth as he replayed the scene in his head.

Oh, he wouldn't let it pass, no. He would have his vengeance, and the sooner the better.

He was blinded, blinded by a red light of violence.

He was deaf, unable to hear or listen but to that voice in his head that yelled: 'Kill!'.

He was mute, unable to speak reason. Only able to spit out venomous words.

And he wasn't alone. He had contacts, friends like him - Hated the different, the abnormal, the weird. Thought the different to be abominations that had to be destroyed.

And he would follow the path of his radical and awful ideology.

He had to make Sophie pay; even if it meant she'd have to pay with her own life.