Arrangements

Make it hurt

The movement of the bus helped me fall asleep. I don't remember what I dreamt about, but I woke up to someone warm behind me. I was startled for a moment, my body stiffened, and the person touched my arm.

"It's me Frankie."

I let out a relieved sigh, "Oh. What's up Frankie?"

"How tall is your sister?"

I laughed, "I believe Astrid is 4'11."

"I'm in love with Astrid." He said softly.

I smiled, "You're in love with my sister?"

"Yeah, I am."

"I think that's adorable..." I turned to face him, "but why are you cuddling with me?"

"I dunno...it's what I do." He shrugged.

"As appealing as being held is, but uh you're in love with my sister..."

He nodded, "Yeah, sorry."

I giggled, "It's fine."

He prepared to leave, "We have some press stuff to do today, are you tagging along?"

Last night's events played in my mind, and I would have liked to, but I shook my head, "Uh, no, I have some major craft ideas...I think I'm gonna stay in and do some work."

Frank nodded, "Okay, but are you sure? We're gonna be gone till soundcheck tonight."

"I'm sure."

"Alright."

Frank slid out my bunk, and I rubbed my eyes, reeling the privacy curtain back. The hall was barely lit, but everyone else was awake, all the curtains to the bunks were pulled back. I climbed out myself, stretched and headed to the bathroom.

After freshening up, I went to the front lounge, where everyone was ready. I saw Mikey and gave him a smile, he was looking at me.

"Hey, Frank said you're stayin' here?" Mikey stood and walked over to me at the counter.

"Yeah, I got a lot of ideas...I'm gonna find a craft store and go wild." I joked, trying to hide the fact I didn't want to be near his brother.

"Are you coming to the show tonight?"

I grabbed an orange juice bottle from the stocked fridge, "I dunno...I really want to do some stuff."

Mikey looked over at the rest of the guys, each engrossed in their own things. Ray and Bob were texting, Frank was fixing his worn out shoes and Gerard...he was reading a comic.

"It's not cause of Gee is it?" He whispered.

I shook my head, but stopped. Why would I lie? "Yeah, it has everything to do with him."

He frowned, "Want me to--"

"No, don't say anything." I played with the cap of the juice, "I think I got my expectations a little high, Mikey."

He gave me a small frown, "You shouldn't miss the show."

"I can catch it tomorrow," I said with a smile.

"How are you gonna find a craft store?" He asked once I moved to the table.

I shrugged, "I could walk around, as locals, or ask our driver."

He smiled, "You're gonna walk?"

I nodded slowly, "That's what people with legs do, Mikey."

"Why don't you just come with us and we'll have Worm drive you."

I shook my head, "I'm very private about the beginning of my art. Construction paper companies I use should be kept quiet." I joked.

He smiled, "You're so snarky, just like Allie."

I smiled back, "You like Allie?"

"Yeah, she's really funny...her dry sense of humor is exactly like mine. We can talk for hours on end about nothing."

"I wish I had that." I told him softly, looking down at my unopened orange juice.

"You will...you gotta have faith, Stormy."

"Have faith that I'll meet a sweet guy who likes my art...or likes me in general." I told him with shrug.

"No, you know what I mean." He gave me a knowing look when I caught eyes with him.

"Yeah, well it's never gonna happen, Mikey." I patted his cheek, and he frowned.

"Give it some time...we still got 4 weeks."

-

Once the guys were gone, I went to the driver, who was outside the bus checking on the engine. I hoped I wasn't being too rude, but he seemed nice.

"Excuse me, but are we far from town?"

The drive shook his head, "About three miles from those small businesses ma'am."

I smiled, sticking my hand out, "Oh, sorry, I'm Stormy."

He wiped his hand on his dirty denim jeans, "Eugene. What is it you're looking for Stormy?"

"Uh, a craft store, like a Beverly's or a Michaels."

He nodded, "You're in luck, I saw a Michaels a few miles back. I could drive you--"

"No, no, sir, that's quite alright. I'm fine with walking."

He raised his brow, "You sure?"

I shrugged, "Hopefully."

"If you need me to head that way, it's no big deal, it's only up the road."

I tweaked my lips, thinking it over, "It's alright, I could use the exercise."

He smiled nicely at me, "Alright, ma'am."

"Thank you."

I went back to the bus, grabbing my loose, over the shoulder bag, and my phone. I began off the bus, telling Eugene I'd be back soon, and gave him my number just in case something happened. He nodded and I started off.

The walk wasn't that far, and I was happy once I was in town. I saw the Michaels and hurriedly went inside; I bought two 24x32 blank canvas, a bunch of construction paper, an assortment of paint and glue. I had no idea what I was planning to make, but in my irrational thinking, my ideas vary and I grab the first thing my hands actually reach for, I go where my mind tell my feet.

I paid for my purchases, grabbed a soda, and started back down the road. It was a little trick carrying to canvases, but I made it back in time; Eugene smiled at me, chuckling a bit, "Could've given you a ride."

I shook my head, "Exercise, Eugene."

He nodded, and went back to conversing with the other two drivers. I got back on the bus, noticing that they were back; how long was I gone? I had left at noon...

"Where have you been?" Gerard was the first one to say anything when I got on.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, "I needed art supplies." I told him, I looked over at Mikey, "What time is it?"

"5, Storm, we already did soundcheck. We were kinda worried. Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"It didn't ring. Let put this stuff away." I went to the back lounge and put the canvases down and the supplies. 

I went through my bag and saw my phone was shut off. I tapped my forehead, turned it on and saw I had a few miss calls. The first were from Mikey, Astrid, Allie, my mom, and then a private number. I decided to call my mom back, I walked and dialed and sat at my bunk, taking my bag off and slinging it inside.

"Hello?"

"Mama, sorry I missed your call, is everything okay?"

"Yes, just called to see how you were."

I coursed my hair, "I'm fine, how are you and papa?"

"Papa is fine, he has allergies, you know how he gets in the spring."

I smiled, "Yeah, I do."

I grabbed my sketch book and made my way to the front lounge, sitting beside Frank, who was engrossed in a book, "Anyway, honey, how are the wedding plans? You and Gerard getting along?"

I looked up and saw him staring at me, I averted my eyes, flipping open my book, "Uh, we're getting along swimmingly. I met this cute little guy that is smitten with our little Astrid." I giggled and turned to Frank who smirked, but didn't look up.

"Oh really? Do we get two weddings this year?"

"I'm not sure, but the way things are going, I believe so."

"What does he look like?" she urged.

I chuckled, "Uh..." I looked Frank over, and he gave me a weird look, "Just like Astrid, only y'know he's a man."

"That's adorable!" She squealed, "Oh, and honey, I found that old dress that you and I had worked on when you were 13, you remember it, don't you?"

Uneasiness crept into my belly, "Yeah, why?" instinctively my fingers gripped my pencil and I began to draw that stupid dress.

"I found it, and it's unfinished...maybe you could wear it to your wedding...papa really likes the color."

I smiled internally, "I guess I could. Saves me a couple bucks on a dress."

Don't you hate that feeling when you can actually feel eyes on you?

"What are your measurements, honey? I can get a bust at the thrift store."

I furrowed my brows, "Uh...I think is 34-26-36, give or take a few inches."

"Alright, I think we could hem is before when you get home."

"Yeah, I hope I'm right." I gave a soft chuckle.

Me and my mom talked for a few more minutes before I hung up. My mindless fingers sketched the dress, and I finally looked up to the questioning glares. Mikey smiled at me, "34-26-36?"

"She's making my dress." I told him, or rather them.

"Is that it?" Ray asked, walking past me.

"Yeah. I remember making a rough sketch of it when I was 12." He took it gently from my hands and looked it over.

"This is nice, check it out." He went over to Bob and Mikey.

"What'd she say about me?" Frank asked, resting his head against my shoulder.

"She can't wait to meet you."

"She likes me already?" 

"My parents adore Astrid, so with you, they'll wanna adopt you."

He giggled, "Cool."

"What color is the dress?" Mikey asked, handing my book back to me.

"This eggshell color, yellow trim underneath. The guarder belt is suppose to be yellow too, but I don't think I need one."

Gerard reentered the room just as I said this.

"Why?" Bob asked.

"Gerard and I aren't gonna have sex." I blurted softly.

"Still, you could have it as a fashion accessory." Frank said.

"Yeah, but no one's gonna see it." I waved it off.

I didn't look at Gerard.

Really, I wanted him to know -or feel- that I didn't give a damn about this wedding either. It was all for show, all for my father's happiness. He wanted it to hurt, well goddammit, I was gonna twist the knife from my chest and slam it into his back.

"Are you a virgin, Ms. Jaco?" Bob smirked at me.

"No, Mr. Bryar, are you?"

He chuckled, "No."

"Well, then we're in the same wavelength, right?"

Bob blushed at me and shook his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty much a filler, sorry. May update again later today, y'know if the comments are right :)
Thanks for reading