Arrangements

Poke

I looked back at him, "Excuse me?"

"It's what you need to hear, right?" Gerard got off me and rolled over in my bed, "To hear me say I love you so you'll stay."

I furrowed my brows, "Thank you, Gerard, for confirming how much of an asshole you are."

I got up from my bed and grabbed my clothes. Gerard didn't say a word as I threw his own at him. He had sighed, and I flipped him off.

"Look, I want you to stay." He didn't seem to goddamn enthused.

"Go fuck yourself." I went downstairs quickly, he was hot on my tail.

"Hey! I meant some of what I said!"

"Some? What part?" I looked at him, the hurt surged through my body, "The part where you "think you love me" or that you're sorry?"

"The I'm sorry part."

I slugged him as hard as I could in the chest, and he barely stumbled back. "You are possibly the worse person I have ever had the ungodly pleasure of meeting. You make me sick! You're worse than Toby. At least he was honest--"

"He treats you like a piece of trash!" Gerard just looked at me, I could read his emotions.

"Get out of my house! Get out! I never want to see you again! I'm calling this stupid wedding off, my dad is just gonna die--"

Gerard grabbed me, "Don't say that shit. You'll regret it--"

"I already regret ever agreeing to such a ridiculous agreement." I coursed my hair, "Ugh, I feel like an idiot, again!"

Gerard's breathing was heavy, "Look, I'm sorry I can't love you--"

"Shut up, I don't give a damn if you love me or not." I snapped at him, "Get out of my house."

"No. Not until you--"

"I'm not doing shit for you! I'm not going to talk to you and I don't have to do anything for you." I felt so damn flustered.

Gerard grabbed my shoulders an looked down at me, "Why do you take everything so damn serious?"

"Because it effects my feelings, okay? I can't just shut off my emotions and have a goddamn drink like you do!" I pushed his hands off me, "Now get out!"

"No."

"Get out!" I hit him again, but he didn't say or do anything.

He just looked at me, that bored look on his face. I gave him a look of anger and despair, and the bored look swept away almost instantly. He put his hand into his pocket, eyes still on me, and pull something out.

It was the ring.

"Put it on." He told me.

"No." I told him incredulously.

He held it up, "Stormy, put it on or I'll force it on."

"Force me!" 

He grabbed my arm, squeezing my wrist, causing me to cry out, but he didn't stop. He grabbed my ring finger and shoved the ring on and then his grip loosen. I watched him as his eyes soften and he looked down at me, "I can't love you--"

"I don't--"

I put a finger to my lips, "I can't love you, Stormy, but I can take care of you. Whatever you want or need I can help. I'm not much of a listener or a talker, I like to be alone, but I can try and be your companion."

I furrowed my brows, "I don't want a companion."

"What do you want? Specifically from me?" he crossed his arms and had that bored look to his eyes.

"I want you to leave." I told him quietly.

"I want you to understand what I said."

"I understand completely and I don't give a fuck." 

His lips tighten, "This is exactly the reason I hate bitches like you."

"Go fuck off! I don't--"

"You should stop feeling sorry for yourself and grow up!" he began to walk away, towards my door.

As much as I wanted him to leave, I wanted him to stay so I could yell at him, "I need I grow up? What about you, Grandma's Boy?"

Gerard stopped, but didn't turn around. I tried to take the ring off, but I couldn't, it was on tight.

"You and damn jealous ways piss me off! And the way you get so angry about your Grandma! I get it, and you should get over it!"

Gerard still kept his back to me, his shoulders tensed and flexed. He turned around slowly, and I noticed the anger right away. I crossed my arms, waiting, pretending to be unfazed.

"You really wanna go there?" He spoke dangerously low.

"Might as well. You like to poke me about my hurt, why can't I poke yours?" my voice was surprisingly even and bold.

He stalked over to me, his face showing his dark glare, and I swallowed thickly, hoping my face didn't change. He stood a few feet from me, and soon, I could barely breathe when he got closer. The only thought I had was how sexy he looked.

"Fine. Ask away." His glare was intimidating, but so fucking attractive.

"Your grandma was important to you, right?" I asked, looking at his clenched jaw.

"Yes." His lips barely moved.

"Why?"

"She taught me everything I know." He seemed to relax.

"What else?"

"She died."

"I know...what else?"

"She loved me...she told me you were waiting for me." His gaze met mine, and I saw some affection.

"Waiting for you?" I asked quietly.

"I gotta go. You wanted me to leave, so I'm going to." He turned from me and started out the door.

"No!" I chased after him, grabbing his t-shirt, "This isn't fair! Tell me more!"

"No!" I pulled away from me, "I'm going." he opened the door and walked out.

I tapped my forehead and groaned aloud. 

Gerard always leaves me confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, some of the mystery is solved.