Arrangements

Shocked...

I woke up to my phone buzzing in my pocket. I didn't know where I was momentarily, until I heard a slight grunt from Gerard and I smiled to myself. His arms were still tangled around me, so I struggled a bit to get my phone.

I opened it and saw it was a missed call. I saw that I had a few missed calls; My parents, Dave, a few friends from the art gallery, and Astrid. I listened to my voicemails, which were all generally the same; how are you, happy birthday, etc. I shut my phone off, planning to call them back later, and curled closer to Gerard. I pulled the cool blanket closer to me and fell right back asleep.

I was sleep a short time, before I heard someone calling my name. It was Frank, I groaned silently, so did Gerard; "Frank, shut the fuck up." he said loudly.

"Where's Stormy?" I heard him walk over to my bunk and pull the curtain back, and then to Gerard's, where we were exposed, "Oh."

"We're sleeping!" Gerard pulled the curtain back.

"So-rry!" Frank snapped childishly, "We were wondering where she went! And it's 10 am! Get up, come get pancakes!"

Me and Gerard shifted, "Pancakes sound good." he murmured.

I giggled, "Yeah."

"C'mon, we'll spoon after."

I smiled and climbed out, headed to the bathroom.

-

We all sat in a local diner, all munching in pancakes, having nice cinversation. Everyone kept looking over at me and Gerard, wondering why we were so friendly to one another. I mean, our relationship is bipolar, wouldn't they realize that this was one of those moments.

Yes, he agreed to my rules, but hell, it's only a matter of time before he'd mess up and we would fight once more.

Still, I hoped for the latter; he and I would actually make it through the next week and a half without a fight.

"So, the couple made up?" Bob finally said jokingly.

"Yeah, we did." Gerard said nonchalantly, "Stormy knows how it is."

That wasn't very long, now was it. Still I held my tongue. I didn't want to cause a scene in the diner, and I didn't want to fight. My head was hurting, and it was my fucking birthday. Don't I deserve some relaxation for a day?

"How are your pancakes?" Mikey said quickly, "Mine are buttery."

I laughed, "Mine are delicious." I said with a smile.

The tension, lack thereof, was eased. We all began to talk friendly again, and within a few minutes, this was interrupted. A girl, who looked a few years younger than myself, walked over, with a glass of milk.

"Are you Stormy?" she asked; she had a devious smile on her face.

I wanted to say no, "I--"

Gerard cut me off, "Who wants to know?" he sounded protective.

I turned to him, feeling terrible for some odd reason, "Gerard, stop." I turned to the girl, "I'm Stormy." I told her nicely; but there was no smile on my face, I was confused.

"Good, or I'd feel bad for this." Without warning, the girl threw her milk in my face.

I was in shock, so really, I didn't respond. Sure, I probably hung my mouth open, but I didn't move or say anything until Mikey pulled me out the booth, and Frank started shouting at the girl. Gerard grabbed me next and carried me to the bathroom.

The women's bathroom.

A woman scolded him until she saw me, then took off. He sat me on the sink, still I was in shock, though I knew what was going on. I blinked several times as Gerard grabbed paper towels and cleaned up my face.

"Did that girl throw milk in my face?" I finally asked; my voice was low.

Gerard nodded, "Little bitch." he sneered.

"Why did she do that?" I was too calm. I guess because I never had anyone do that to me before. I didn't know how to feel.

"I don't know." Gerard mumbled, grabbing more paper towels and wetting them.

A second later, Frank came in, putting all shame and respect aside, just like Gerard, "She's a fan." he said breathlessly.

"And?" Gerard didn't seem to care.

"She's one of those freaky fans, y'know." He stated, "You okay, Storm?" Frank stood beside Gerard.

"Uh...I guess." I said softly.

Frank tweaked his lips, "I'm sorry bout that. Some people need to get over themselves."

"I'm fine, Frankie." Gerard tossed the paper towels away, "I'm really shocked...tired and I'm getting a headache."

"Alright, we'll go to the drug store and get you something." Frank headed out the bathroom, leaving Gerard and I behind.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I can't believe--"

"I'm fine." I said again.

Finally, it hit me. I felt...like crying. I felt hurt.

"No you aren't. Someone just threw their drink in your face for being with me." He shook his head.

"I..." I let a few tears escape, "I need to go."

Gerard didn't say a word, he just wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight. I held him back, letting tears fall. I always felt so weak when I cried -well, I felt weak all the time- but I felt vulnerable now. I didn't like this. I was blubbering in front of Gerard, like a big baby.

"It's alright, let it out," he cooed to me.

I stopped crying a few minutes later and Gerard gave me a few toilet paper tissues and I wiped my eyes and nose. I tossed them, and let Gerard carry me off the counter. He waved the guys over and we left out towards the van.

We sat in the back, Gerard held me, I sniffled a few times, earning a few apologetic glances from the guys. Gerard kissed my head lingering there and resting his cheek on it. I squeezed my arms around him, relishing in the moment of being in his arms. At that moment, I didn't care that he had been a jerk, he was sweet Gerard right now. That's all I wanted, and I was gonna bask in it for as long as I could.

When we got back to the venue, Gerard again carried me. I told him serval times that I could walk, but he just ignored me. He carried me into the venue, and down to the dressing rooms. He passed the rooms and started towards another door; one that read SHOWERS.

"Showers?" I asked dumbly.

"You have milk on you." was all he said.

"My clothes..."

He set me down, "I'll get them. Bob took a shower here this morning, his soap should still be there. I'll run and get your shampoo if you want."

"Thank you, Gerard, that'd be nice." I felt cared for.

"I'll be right back." He kissed my forehead and headed out.

I went to towards the open showers, and saw Bob's spot. I turned on the water, stepped out and undressed. 

Gerard came back before I washed my body and have me all my shower toiletries. Gerard stepped out and he sat away, singing to me. I wondered why, but didn't ask, I enjoyed him.

When my shower finished, I grabbed my towels and wrapped up, drying my hair vigorously, and grabbed my things. Gerard picked me up, again, and carried me to the dressing room. It was empty, thankfully, and I didn't mind dressing with Gerard in the room.

"Are you gonna watch us tonight? I got a surprise for you."

I slipped my sandals on, "A surprise?" I asked him.

"Yeah, a surprise, Storm." He smiled at me.

I frowned slightly, "I don't like surprises."

"You'll like this one, I swear."

"Okay." I mumbled, "Can I nap? I'm a little tired."

"Yeah, let's get back to the bus."

Back in the bus, I returned my calls. I talked to my dad a bit longer, making sure he was alright, and assuring him that Gerard and I were okay; wasn't a total lie. I then called Astrid and had a short conversation with her. I didn't want to tell her about that morning's situation, I knew if I had, I'd never hear the end of potential death threats against the girl. After all that, I slipped into my bunk, and snuggled up with a pillow.

Gerard kneeled beside my bunk, pulling the curtain back, "We got some shit to take care of, but I'll come get you when we go on."

"Okay. Have fun." He kissed my forehead.

"I'll try Sugar."
♠ ♠ ♠
I saw a woman toss a full pitcher of beer on another woman at a Chuck E. Cheeses' when I was 7.
That's how I got the idea.
Random fact.

How'd you like it?