Arrangements

Some times...

"Call me when you get home, okay?" Frank gripped me into a tight hug.

"Will do, Frankie." I pinched his cheek.

"Give this to Astrid for me." He gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

I grimaced, "Okay, okay!" I wiped my face.

"Hands off, Iero." Gerard joined me beside the van, "You'll see her soon."

"Yeah, yeah." Frank waved it off, "I'll see you, Storm."

"See ya, Frankie." He blew me a kiss and jumped back on the bus. 

Mikey came out a second later, and opened his arms for a hug. I swept in quickly, tightening my arms around his thin body. "You smell nice today, Mikey."

He laughed, "Thanks. I showered."

I snorted and let him go, "I'll see you in a week, buddy."

He nodded, "I know. Kinda gonna suck without you here."

"It's only 1 other show." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'll be thinkin' of ya." He smiled at me.

"Same here." I kissed his cheek and waved when he got back on the bus.

I turned to Gerard, he had sunglasses on, so I couldn't fully read him. "Ready?"

I nodded, "Yep."

Gerard would be dropping me off at the Amtrak, and come back here. The train ride from Ohio to California wasn't that long, and I actually like riding the train. Gerard had tried to convince me to stay so much, that I really wanted to, but Dave said I had to finish my work and deals.

"You nervous?" he asked as he drove.

"Nervous? What about?" I asked with my own sunglasses on, now.

"The wedding." he kept his eyes adverted to the road.

I shook my head, "No. But I'm sure once I put the dress on, I'll be freaking out." I have a soft laugh.

"Same here...minus the dress." 

I smiled at him, "Thank you, Gerard."

He looked over at me, "For what?"

"For being sweet to me the last couple of days...I really needed them."

He shrugged, "I wanted to be more for you."

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

We were silent as he pulled up at the station. I was a little bit nervous about leaving him, and I tugged at me lip. I couldn't stay, because I had a lot of work to do. I wished he could have come with me.

"How long are you gonna be in LA?" he parked, and turned the car off.

"4 days." I answered.

"You'll call me, right?" 

I nodded, "And you'll call me? If you have a bad day, Gee, I'll be here."

He smiled, "Yeah, I know." 

I took a deep breath, "I should get going. Don't forget to call."

"I won't."

I leaned over and kissed his cheek, "See you."

"See you, Wifey."

I blushed heavily and grabbed my bag. I saw Gerard watch me as I walked into the station and almost immediately my number was called and I had to hurriedly get on. I felt myself becoming anxious once I stepped on...I missed Gerard already.

*


I got home a few hours later, and Astrid was waiting excitedly for me. I noticed that she had dyed her hair blonde, bleach blonde and was growing the shaved side of her head out. I raised my brow when I saw her.

"Astrid?"

She shook her hair out, "Do you like it?" she grinned at me.

"Very different." I chuckled at her.

"How was your trip?" she hugged me before she grabbed my bag, "Frank told me you hurt yourself?"

I let her go, "I'm okay." I shrugged.

"You got stitches! Why didn't you tell me?" she looked my head over.

"Because you act like the big sister." I told her.

"I'm suppose to act that way. How did you hurt yourself?" she led us to the car.

"I fell." 

"Well, no shit. What'd you do to earn the stitches?"

I opened the passenger seat as she tossed my bag in the back seat, "I just hit the counter."

She hissed, "Ouch."

"Mikey took care of me, then Gerard took me to the hospital."

She smiled a bit, "You and Gerard...you two cool now?"

I nodded, "Very."

Astrid didn't push the subject of injury anymore and drove us home. I put my things away and called Dave up, told him I would see him the following day, and went out to eat with Astrid.

"Mom called, said everything is overly ready for your guys' wedding. All you need is the marriage license."

I played with my soup, "Do you think this is a good idea?" I asked her.

"Yes and no." Astrid told me, "I don't like Gerard, but it is for Papa."

"What if...I say that I love him?"

Astrid raised her brow, "You love Gerard?"

I shrugged and avoided eye contact.

"Storm, do you love him?"

"Maybe...I dunno...I can't tell." I mumbled quickly.

"Even after all the stuff he did to you?"

"He's..." I looked up at her, "When we're alone, it's the greatest...y'know. He's sweet."

Astrid didn't seem impressed, "Does he make you happy?"

I tugged at my lip, "Sometimes."

She sighed, "I don't want you to get wrapped up in your feelings when it could just fuck you over in the end."

I looked down, feeling foolish. Maybe Astrid was right; these feelings could back fire on me. I swallowed thickly, "He gets me some times."

"Some times... How about most of the time?"

"He's moody."

"Has he ever hit you? Like hit, hit you?"

I shook my head, "No."

I wasn't lying, but when he pushed me, it could count for something. I shut my eyes and bit at my lip.

"I don't trust him, Stormy, I don't."

"I know."

"He could hurt you. And I have a feeing he caused you getting stitches." She put a hand on mine, "I've seen you get hurt by Toby too long to let you get into another destructive relationship...especially marrying the guy."

"Can we not talk about this anymore?" I felt like I was choking.

"Okay. I'm sorry."

I sighed, "You have nothin' to be sorry about. You just want the best for me."

She smiled, "Yes I do."

Astrid meant well, but sometimes, she made re realization of things hurt. I love her, but sometimes I wish she wouldn't worry about me. I'm a grown up, and I'm the big sister, I should be worrying about her.

*


Over the next two days, I made appointments and deals involving a lengthy trip to Paris a couple days after our wedding and a showing back in LA as soon as I got back. I had a lot of work, constructs and painting to get out and put up. I was going to be super busy, and I wondered if Gerard would mind.

Speaking of, Gerard called me once, and it wasn't pretty. He was pissed off at someone who was bugging him about his personal life. He also sounded drunk, wasn't a good combination, and I wished more than ever I was there to comfort him, to hug him, but I had Mikey do it instead.

Mikey got a slap to the face by Gerard. It was an accident, as Gee says, but I don't believe it. Gerard doesn't like people seeing him in such a vulnerable state.

He didn't call me for the next two days, and I can't say I worried, because I was busy. I was so happy when the day came for Astrid and I to leave for Jersey. I had called Gerard before we left, but I only it his voicemail.

"Ready, sis?" Astrid stood at my door while I finished my packing.

"Just a minute. Is Allie coming?"

"Yeah, she had to work, but she'll be here tonight."

"Okay. I'll be down in a sec." Astrid nodded and left my room.

I put away my things, cleaned up, grabbed my bags and went downstairs. We checked everything and followed out the awaiting cab. 

We got to the airport 15 minutes later and headed in. This is when excitement and anxiety to see Gerard again set in. I couldn't wait to see him. Even if Astrid didn't like him, I did. I more than like Gerard...I'm in love with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think is gonna happen?