Arrangements

Redundant pt.1

I left Gerard's at 12 am, he was still asleep, and I had Frank drop me off at home. I had kissed his cheek before I left and told him I couldn't wait until morning. It was all true.

"How was your little party?" Astrid snickered when I put away the bustier and gotten into my pajamas.

"It was fun." I smirked.

"I'll take my award for best sibling now." 

"Shut up." I giggled, "But, um, thanks, Astrid."

She nodded, "No problem."

I climbed in the bed beside my sister and felt Sylvester waddled at our feet. I sighed contently and fell asleep soon after, thinking of how happy I felt. It seemed that I was sitting on top of the world.

The next morning, everything seemed hectic, even for a small wedding. Mrs. Way was rushing over to give me my veil, and my mother was trying to get me to curl my hair and all that. All I wanted was to eat and drink hot chocolate.

My mother fussed at me when I was at the kitchen table munching on toast in my robe and rollers. I didn't really see the point in rushing; it was only 9 people that were going to be there.

"Stormy, it's noon!" my mother fussed.

"But I'm hungry." I whined.

"You can eat after. Come on, now." my mother made me drop my toast and ushered me upstairs.
*

Astrid and I were in the Way den getting ready for the big show. My heart beat against my chest as I paced in my night gown, waiting to put the dress on. Astrid finished my hair a few minutes before an was letting the hair spray dry. 

"Alright, put it on." Astrid held my dress for me and I slipped the night gown off.

I put the dress on, the heels and grabbed my bouquet of light pink lillies, and tried to calm my nerves. My stomach did somersaults, my heart was abusing the hell out of my ribcage. I took deep breaths and sat down in an armchair.

"Are you ready?" I heard my mother's voice.

I stood and she cooed, "Oh, sweetie." 

"I think I'm gonna puke." I murmured.

"Not on the dress." My mother chuckled.

My father entered next, "Oh wow. You clean up nice, Stormy."

I smiled at my father, "Thanks."

"Gerard and Mikey are here, along with their friends. Are you ready?"

"Yes. I think so." I held my breath an exhaled lowly.

"Let's go, sweetie." my father held an arm out for me.

My breathing became erratic as I heard Frank's giggle and Gerard's laugh too. We stood by the back door, the priest at the altar with Gerard and Mikey. Astrid was standing there, in a long, silk, peach colored dress. The entire scheme was a light pink and peach colors, it was beautiful. I took another breath and squeezed my father's hand gently.

There wasn't music, only the soft humming of birds and Frank's giggle. He gave me a thumbs up as I passed him and I rolled my eyes. I looked at Gerard, seeing how handsome and jittery he looked in his black suit and combed hair; Mikey looked just as handsome. My heart thumped as I got closer, Gerard gave me a small smile, he looked nervous too. He exhaled lowly, extending his hand for me to take.

I kissed my father's cheek, he smiled at Gerard and I, and kissed me back. I took hold of Gerard's hands and felt how warm and damp they were. I giggled, and he gave me a sheepish grin. The priest smiled a us, beginning to recite the marriage vows.

"You look beautiful." Gerard whispered.

"You look handsome." I smiled at him.

He smirked, but grinned a second after.

The priest didn't take long, and soon we had to repeat after him, then we exchange rings. My heart slowed, the priest spoke: "...I now pronounce you man and wife. Congratulations Stormy and Gerard."

I felt no different than before when he said those words. Gerard and I were married now, and the only thing different was my name and now I was in love with him.

Everyone retreated into the house, and Gerard kept his hand in mine. He seemed happy, and I was glad that he was still that way. My mom had me make sure I was careful while we ate. Gerard had also requested I keep my dress on until tonight.

I wondered what he had planned.

"Alright, Gerard, Stormy," Mr. Way sat across from us at the table; Gerard had his hand on my knee, trying to lift the dress, "We got you two this," Mr. Way slid an envelope to us, "It isn't much, but we wanted to get this for you."

Gerard took the envelope and opened it, leaving my knee lonely, "You didn't need to give us anything, dad."

"We know how busy your schedules are. We want you two to spend some nice, alone, time together." He explained.

Gerard pulled out a folded paper, and unfolded it. It was a reservation for us at the Trump Hotel in New York. I looked up at our father's and smiled, "Wow, thanks."

"Yeah, dad. Man, this is great. Thanks." Gerard seemed in shock.

"We hope this will produce some real love," Mrs. Way cut in.

Gerard tensed, so did I. He cleared his throat, "We should go. Y'know, Storm and I got a lot of shit to do in the next couple of days."

Mikey and Astrid came in, "We got your bags packed already." Mikey smiled.

"Thanks, guys."

"You better not mess that dress up, Stormy," my mother shook her finger at me.

"I won't." I told her.

Gerard took my hand, "We should head out," he seemed eager, "are you ready?"

I nodded, "Yeah, sure."

My mother made sure my dress was securely in the car before we drove away. I played with the silk as we drove, Gerard seemed to grow tense, but just a little, and would look over at me.

"How do you feel?" I asked him.

He looked at me, "I'm good...a little worried."

I frowned slightly, "How come?" I spoke softly, "I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

He shook his head, a tiny smile appeared on his lips, "No, uh...I just have a lot on my mind."

I tweaked my lips, "Gerard, can I ask--?"

He licked his lips, "The things I have to tell you."

I was worried about saying something wrong to tick him off. The tension wasn't heavy, he just seemed lost and worried, nervous.

"What is it? I won't judge you, Gee." I took his hand in my mine, "I care about you."

He nodded, his head tilting a little. He kept his mouth close, eyes on the freeway, "Don't faint."

I raised my brow, "What?"

"What I'm about to say may cause you to faint." he managed to smile again.

I wondered what it could be, "I won't faint."

He looked over at me, "I mean what I'm about to say."

I knew then what he was so nervous about. I tugged at my lip, "Say it." I played it off.

He looked at the road, then at me, "This isn't a lie." his eyes gazed at the road again, "I love you, Stormy."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am terrible at describing major events, such as weddings. I have never been to a wedding before, so forgive me on my lack of education and understanding of a wedding.

Any way; were you expecting that?
No, that wasn't the secret.
Just something that Gerard needed to say.

Any ideas on what the secret is? I don't know if it's major or even worthy of being brought up, but I wanted to add it. What do you think?