Arrangements

I can't wait to get away from you.

I got to the hotel room late that night. I had to leave the following night, and I wanted to get my things together. Gerard wasn't there when I walked in, and I was glad; his things were still there.

I walked in, tossing my sack on the bed, my phone began to ring, and I answered.

"Yeah?"

"Stormy, are you sitting down?" It was Dave.

"No, why should I be?"

"The dealer in Paris wants to hire you for two more shows!"

I rubbed my head, "When exactly?"

"After the one next week. You'll be there for at least a month and a half."

I sighed, "What? I can't do that."

"Why not? They're paying you a lot of money!"

"It's not all about money. Plus, I just got married and--"

"Astrid told me that was a sham!" He had cut me off.

"It is a sham." I spat angrily, "I just need some time."

"You have no time. As your manager--"

I cut him off, "Manager? I don't need a manager."

"Agent, affair-handler, what have you," he waved it off, "I'm just doing what's best for you."

"I have to talk to my sister...I don't want to be gone for that long."

Dave sighed, "We need an answer by morning."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna call her right now."

I said my goodbyes with Dave and called Astrid. 

"Hello Love Bird, how are you?"

I smiled at my sister's voice, "Hey, um...Dave called me about the job in Paris, and they want to hire me for two extra shows."

"Oh, whoa, that's great!"

"Great, yeah," I mumbled; I paced around the bed, "I have to stay for almost two months and I...should I do this?" I asked her.

"Oh." She was silent, "What do you want, Storm?"

I scratched my head, "I don't know."

"What about Gerard? What did he say?"

I didn't know what to say, "I haven't told him yet."

Just as I said those words, Gerard came stumbling out the bathroom. He looked at me, pinching his nostrils and leaned against the door. I looked away and turned towards the bed.

"Well, Storm, you should talk to him...they'll be on tour, and Frankie wants me to tag along."

I coursed my hair, "Yeah...I think I'm gonna do it."

"I don't want you to be alone for that long...I could come along--"

"No, no, it's fine." I stammered, "I need to think...I need to be alone."

Astrid was quiet, then she hummed, "What did he do now?" her voice was low.

"Nothing. I'm just...rethinking this whole marriage and love thing." I could feel his eyes staring at me.

"You don't love him?"

"Not like before." I mumbled the lie.

I loved Gerard so much. So much, it hurt.

"Did he say something?"

I shook my head to no one, "No...I just...it's hard to explain, Trid."

"Maybe burying yourself in work will help? I mean, look at the awesome shit you did when you and Toby broke up! You are on a roll."

I tried to hear and feel encouragement through my sister's words, but I couldn't, "Yeah, you're right."

"Call me when you get to LA, alright? Me and Frankie and Mikey are gonna head out there the day after tomorrow and occupy the house, I promise we'll be clean."

I actually smiled, "Okay. I'll buy some cat food and litter for you."

"Aw! Thank you!"

I giggled, "No problem."

"I'll call you, 'kay?"

"I love you."

"Love you, Stormy."

I hung up my phone and stuffed it in my pocket. Before I could turn around, Gerard put his arms around me, locking me into place.

"Where were you?" He asked softly.

"I went shopping. I got some clothes for my trip." I ripped away from him and walked away towards my bag.

"You're leaving for a month and a half." He stated.

"Yeah. Why the fifth degree?" I grabbed my pajamas and began to undress.

"Question for question." He mumbled.

"I don't have any questions for you." I took my bra off and tossed it, and then I grabbed my oversized t-shirt. "I can't wait to get away from you."

"I didn't mean what I said," he started, "I was mad--"

"I've heard that before. I used to be in an abusive relationship, remember?" I put my clothes away, zipping up my bag, "I don't want to be in another. I know the rules, the games, the faults, and the pressure," I looked up at him, "It's all fun for you, until you get tired of me, then you just throw me away."

Gerard was silent, "I didn't know it was abusive." 

"Mentally putting someone down constantly is almost as bad as hitting them, if not worse." I pulled the covers back on the bed and got in.

Gerard stared at me, trying to read me, "Stormy, look I--"

"I don't want to hear it, okay?" I settled in the bed, "I get it. I get it that you don't care. Tomorrow, we won't have to see each other until my father passes, so you can do whatever the hell you want."

"Listen to me," he growled.

"No, I'm done listening. I tried to be civil and kind to you, and what do I get in return? A bunch of fucking lies and insults. So, please understand why I don't want to listen or be around you." I laid down with my pillow and pulled the covers over myself.

"Stormy, give me--"

"No." I shut my eyes, "I'm sleepy."

Gerard sighed, walking away from me. I didn't feel bad, believe me, I felt tired and the tears and drowsiness were catching up with me.

I fell asleep quickly, not bothering to wait for Gerard. 

*

I woke up the next morning with a slight headache. I rolled over in the bed and stretched, I then went to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

I called for a cab about two hours after waking up. I had breakfast, packed and hadn't seen Gerard. I had traded my ticket for an earlier one to LA and was preparing to leave.

As I finished cleaning up after myself, Dave called.

"Did you decide?"

"Yeah, uh," I scratched my head, "I'm gonna do it, so book everything and whatever." 

"What's wrong? You should be happy."

I rubbed my eyes, "I have the worst headache. My brain is beating against the walls of my skull."

"Take some pills and get some rest."

"I have a plane to catch. I should be in LA by tonight."

"Honeymoon over?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, you could say that."

"I'd love to hear more..."

"I don't want to get into it." I mumbled,

He laughed again, "Okay. Okay, I understand."

Before I could say anything else, the door opened and Gerard walked in. I rubbed my neck.

"I'll see you Dave, don't forget--"

"I won't, I'm calling right now."

"Great. Bye, dude."

"Bye, Storm." 

I closed my phone and stuffed it in my pocket. I grabbed my sack and sat down on the bed. Gerard had gone into the bathroom, and came out a second later.

"What time are you leaving?"

"Hour or so." I mumbled.

Gerard nodded. He dug into his pocket and pulled out his keycard, tossing it at me, "I'm gonna head out now. I'll see you." 

I rolled my eyes as he grabbed his bags and went towards the door. I wanted to stop him and I didn't know why. I bit at my lip as he walked out the door and never turned back. This let me know that he didn't really care...he didn't want me. I wished it hadn't been an act.
*

I set everything straight when I got home and packed some clean shoes and clothes. I met up with Allie, thanking her for watching my place and we went out for dinner.

"Mikey told me you guys looked happy," Allie started, "What's with the sad look?"

"You can't tell the little one." I murmured.

"I won't tell Astrid." she gave a playful roll of her eyes.

"Me and Gerard aren't on good terms. It was all an act...he was playing me and I was stupid enough to fall for it." I explained, "I don't want to get into details, but our relationship is back to where it began."

Allie frowned, "I'm sorry about that."

"It's no one's fault but our own." I waved it off, "I want to get over it...get on with my career, find a real nice guy, and possibly marry again. Hopefully, my dad will still be alive and he can walk me down the isle to marry my real true love." I prayed this as I told it to Allie.

"I really thought maybe it'd work between you guys," she shook her head, "Mikey and Astrid both said how happy you guys were...I guess it was just wasn't meant to be."

"You can say that again."

She sighed softly, "Welp, let's hope you get yourself a French hottie."

I smirked, "Just what I need: a French guy who could possibly turn me down in another language."

She laugh, "Hey, I would loved to be turned down in French."

"Dream big, Allie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well...I don't know what to say.
Hope you like this chapter.
I must tell you that the next chapter may have a large time skip. Just letting you all know so you won't be confused. I'm actually unsure what the next chapter may contain, but I know I don't want to bother with a huge filler without Gee.
Any ideas or suggestions are always awesome and welcomed.
Thanks for reading!

xo ali