Arrangements

Think positive

After diner, everyone left for the local coffee shop, while Astrid had given me that look. We had to get a pharmacy. I nodded to her and she turned to the group.

"Me and Storm gotta go check something out," she started nonchalantly, "we'll see you guys later."

"Wait," Frank stopped her, "you want me to come with you?"

Astrid shook her head, "No, it's okay." She kissed his lips, "I'll call you, okay?"

Frank gave her a sad smile, "Okay. Love you."

Astrid had this buttery-lovey look on her face. I was definitely envious of her. "I love you, Frankie."

"God, save it for the bedroom." Gerard grumbled.

Frank flipped him off, then turned to me, "Give him some ass so he'll stop acting like such a pansy." Frank sneered at Gerard.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure. Right after I blow Bob in the bathroom."

Ray started to laugh, Gerard's jaw clenched and Bob started to rub his hands together.

"Let's go, babe." He stood and I put my hand up.

"In your dreams, Bryar."

He frowned, "Always breaking my heart, Storm."

I giggled, "One day, Bob, you'll get lucky."

He smirked, "I'm holding you to it."

I shook my head, still laughing at this, "Can we go now? I'm getting nauseous watching you flirt with Bob." Astrid frowned at me too.

"Alright."

We said our goodbyes; I avoided the glares Gerard was sending me, and happily left with Astrid.

We went to the first Walgreens near our home, and went in. Astrid seemed cool, at ease, and I was surprised. She held my hand though, like a child...well, like my baby sister.

"I never thought we'd ever be doing this," I told her, "me and a friend, maybe, not you and me."

"I was gonna ask Allie, but I rather have you."

I smiled, "Glad to be here."

"Y'know, I'm not so nervous anymore." 

"You're not?" We stopped at the feminine hygiene isle.

She shook her head, "No, because I am madly in love with Frank. He makes me very happy, I never knew I could feel this way about a guy before."

I smiled at her, "You guys are crazy about one another, huh?"

"I am...I just don't know how Frank feels. He says he loves me, but I fear it'll change if..." she trailed quietly.

"I doubt it'll change. Frank loves you."

She nodded, "I know, but young, Storm...I'm only 20 and Frank is 23. We aren't ready to be parents."

I put my arm around her, "You don't even know if you guys are going to be parents. Just think positive."

She sighed, "You're right. Let's just get one and get out of here."
***

Astrid and I sat in the hall eating peanuts as we waited for the results. We were both at ease, quietly waiting and wondering.

"If I am pregnant, I hope it's a boy. I don't like women."

I chuckled, "But, it'll be your daughter."

She nodded, "Yeah, I know, but I've always wanted a boy. I like the name Daniel."

I shook my head at her, "You're crazy."

"What about you?" She asked, popping a peanut in her mouth, "Have you thought about having kids?"

"Yes...I always wanted kids before I turned 25, go figure."

She raised her brow, "Do you want to have kids with Gerard?"

"No. Well, he doesn't want to have kids."

"That sucks."

"I don't care, though. Gerard made it clear. I guess I'll have kids on my own."

"What happened between you two? Like, during tour, he got pissed whenever someone mentioned your name...like he would walk off or he'd tell them to shut up."

I shook my head, "It's complicated."

"So, you guys are off?"

"Yep."

"I really thought it was because he missed you...guess I was wrong."

"He just..." I felt myself wanting to spill my guts to her, "he really hurt my feelings, Trid. I thought we were making progress, but then he tell me that it was an act and that he didn't...he doesn't really care."

Astrid frowned, "I'm gonna kick his ass."

"Shut up, Astrid," I giggled, "I don't care. I didn't even think of him while I was in Paris...and I loved it. I think that's why I want to go back."

"I'm still gonna beat his ass."

I shook my head, "Don't bother...he's hurting inside enough as it is."

Astrid opened her mouth to speak but the timer went off. Either of us remembered, and we looked at each other. Astrid got up first, then me, and walked to the bathroom.

"I can't look, look for me." Astrid begged and turned around.

I nodded, going in and looking at the sink. I took a deep breath and looked down at it; I saw the result, and turned to my sister; "What're you hoping for?"

Astrid stood outside the door, exhaling, "I don't know...I don't know."

I bit my lip, a smile tugged at my lips just because I was nervous and excited for her. "It's positive, Trid."

We were both quiet, and then Astrid gave a low sob. My smiled faded and I turned to her fully. Her shoulders slumped and she held herself, still sobbing. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her, her head rested against my shoulder. I rubbed her back, cooing to her as she cried; I felt terrible that she was crying.

"Astrid, it's okay. You're okay, you have options." I whispered to her.

"I can't...I don't know what to do," she sobbed softly, she looked up at me, tears filled her pretty light brown eyes, "I'm scared."

"Just talk to Frankie."

She nodded, "And if he leaves me?"

"Then, I'll kick his ass." I smiled at her.

She wiped her eyes, giggling, "Thank you, Stormy."

"You're welcome."
***

Astrid slept in my bed with me, after having a good cry. She was scared of being alone, and her thoughts about being a mom were overwhelming.

I stayed up, reading and going over my schedule. The next day, I had to do my laundry and I was thinking of painting or something. I had nothing to do until the end of the week, when that photo shoot was coming up.

I turned on my TV and started to watch mindless television and cooking shows. I was near sleep when my doorbell rang. I looked at my digital clock, seeing that it was near 2 am. I wondered who would be here, and opted it to probably be Frank. I had hoped it was so he and Astrid could be together.

I went down to the door, looking through the peephole. I was surprised to see Gerard. I didn't know if I should open the door or not.

"Who is it?" I played off.

"Gerard. I need to talk to Stormy...if this is Astrid."

I sighed, "Talk about what?"

"How much of an asshole I've been. I need to see her...or you." I felt him lean against the door.

"Gimme a second." I said quietly.

"Thanks."

I wanted to nip this in the bud. Tell Gerard exactly what I wanted. I wanted to tell him how bad he hurt me...I knew it'd be a challenge because of my stupid feelings for him.

Goddamn him.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you think Frankie will react?
What do you think will happen between Stormy and Gee?
Tell me what you think!

xo ali