Arrangements

Kidding each other

We went out to dinner again, only this time Astrid and Frank were going to announce their engagement and pregnancy. I sat alone with them as everyone started to arrive. My emptiness and bitterness was getting to me, and I hated myself for it. 

Mikey and Allie arrived first, and they didn't look to happy. Mikey looked upset, and Allie looked frustrated. I raised my brow, but they didn't say anything. Then, this pretty, blond woman came in after them, she looked flushed, her blue, silk dress was askew and she looked sweaty. She smiled at us, her blue eyes shining; she turned to me "Hi, I'm Marie."

We all looked at her, "Hello," I said, "you must be Gerard's girlfriend?"

Everyone was stiff. They had all knew, but chose not to tell me. It was obvious they knew, she only introduced herself to me.

"Yes! You're Stormy, right?"

"Yeah," I shook her hand politely, "Stormy Jaco." -Habit.

She sat down beside me, "I've met everyone on the tour." she looked at my sister and friends.

"What do you do?" I asked, being polite.

She was going to answer, but Mikey cut her off, "Where's Gerard?"

"He's coming. He had to smoke." She giggled.

-Sweaty, flushed and snug, twisted dress.-

Marie turned back to me, "I helped with the meet and greets."

"Oh," I tried to seem interested, "so, is that what you do? Or do you do--"

"Hey, what's up?!" Bob joined us, then Ray, "How's my future baby mama?"

I rolled my eyes, "Once again, only in your dreams, Bryar."

Marie giggled, "You and Bob?"

"Are nothing more than friends." I smirked at him.

"She has the hots for me." Bob winked.

"Gross." Astrid muttered.

Before Bob could retort, Gerard walked in, reeking of cigarette smoke. It was like he had more than 5 cigarettes.

"Hey baby." Marie cooed as he sat beside her.

He kissed her cheek, popping in a piece of gum then, "Hey. What's up, guys?"

"Well," Frank started, "me and Astrid got something to say."

"What?" Ray asked.

Astrid grinned, "Me and Frankie are getting married." She flashed her hand with her small diamond ring.

I looked down at my own hand; my band was gone, but I had a tan line from the first month I had it on in Paris. I had taken it off, because I didn't want to lose it when I had gone swimming. It was at home, in my jewelry box.

"No way!" Allie gushed, "That's awesome!"

"Are you pregnant?" Gerard asked sarcastically.

Everyone grew silent, and Astrid frowned, "As if it's any of your business." Astrid snapped at him.

"I was just asking a fucking question." Gerard sneered at her.

"Don't start," I said to him, I turned to Frank and my sister, "Congrats, guys."

Astrid's smile returned, "Thank you."

"Yeah, Congratulations! When's the big day?" Mikey asked enthusiastic.

"Halloween." She and Frank said, "Big, pumpkin themed." Frank added.

"That's cool."

"We're moving to Jersey..." Astrid added, too, her smile faltered, "When Stormy moves to Paris in September."

Everyone looked at me, Bob frowned, "No way."

"I love Paris." I said with a fake smile, "Great art, great food, nicer people, better jobs. It's everything I could ask for."

"That sounds magical," Marie spoke finally, "what made you travel there?"

"My job. I'm an artist...design artist." I shrugged it off.

"Speaking of that," Astrid broke in, "I want you to design and make my dress."

I nodded, "Of course."

Astrid and I talked about my moving before we went to dinner. She wanted me to live in Jersey, since she and Frank were going to be together, but I said no. Even Allie was going to live up there with Mikey.

"You're gonna like live there?" Ray asked.

"Yes. I'm going to either buy a small loft, or rent one. I think it'll do me some good."

Everyone had been encouraging, and were sweet about me leaving. All, except Gerard. He didn't say a word, he kept his eyes adverted from me.

"You design clothes?" Marie asked near the end of dinner.

"Just a bit." I told her.

"I hate to ask, but I work for a small clothing company, and they're the ones that got me the job on tour, could you possibly show me some off your work? I'd love for the guys to see it."

I shrugged, "Sure, we could get together tomorrow afternoon...after this shoot I have."

"Yeah! Sounds great."

Marie and I exchanged numbers and then she went off with Gerard. 

I had no real opinion of the woman, because I hadn't know her long. She seemed nice, she wasn't bitchy, she was sweet. She seemed loving, and tender, but Gerard avoided touching her the entire night. I felt bad because she was so damn affectionate with him. He just chose to be a dick, as usual.
***

Astrid had went and spent the night with Frank, so I was home alone. My mind roamed free when I was alone in my dark loft. I tried not to think about how much my life had changed in a few short days. I was sad and angry, and happy and excited. I was a mix of dumb emotions and I hated it.

After sleeping on my weird emotions, I got ready and fed Astrid's cats and walked down the block to the shoot. I knew the place well, and I didn't need my car. I was half way there, when I felt arms grab me.

I almost screamed, until I saw Gerard. I slugged his chest, "Son of a bitch!"

"Ow!"

"You almost gave me a fuckin' heart attack!"

He just glared at me, "You're leaving?"

"I was on my way to a photo shoot and fuckin' interview!" I snapped at him.

"No, you know what I mean!" He yelled at me as I began to walk off.

"What's it to you?" I spat as I kept walking.

"Why are you moving there?" He jogged up beside me.

"Because I like it there." I shook my head, pulling my slung bag up my shoulder.

"To get away from me?" He question angrily.

"No," I looked at him, stopping, "Not everything is about you."

"I want to know the truth!" He grabbed my arm, "Why are you leaving?!"

I glared at him, "I don't owe you an explanation of my actions. You mean, and are, nothing to me, so let me go." I yanked my arm away and began to walk away from him.

"Get back here!" It was almost like de ja vu.

"No!" I kept walking, I could hear him running after me.

He grabbed me again, pulling me towards the side of some building. He forced me against a brick wall, looked down at me, his eyes, hurt and scanning mine. He was looking for an answer, a clue, anything to why I was leaving.

"Why?" He growled.

"Because I want to." I answered.

"Tell me the truth."

I stared up at him, telepathically telling him why. My eyes burned into his, showing my hurt, hoping he'd get the message. He kept looking down at me, his lips turned down in a clueless frown.

"Stormy, answer me." He demanded quietly.

"I'm leaving because nobody wants me." My voice shook, I was on the verge of crying.

"I want you." He said quickly.

"Not like that." I pushed him away, stray tears slipped, "Any guy can have me if I just wanted to fuck. I don't want sex, I want love." I turned away from him, "I have to go, I'm gonna be late." I started off again, but Gerard grabbed me.

"Stop running from me," He forced me back against the wall, "I quit."

I furrowed my brows, "You quit? What, you're gonna quit chasing me?"

He shook his head, his jaw tightening, "No. I quit...y'know, snorting that shit."

"Why?" I felt myself ease up to him; motherly instincts took over.

"Because I missed you." He grimaced, I knew he felt ashamed and awkward expressing this to me.

"You missed me?"

"Yes, I missed you, Stormy. I told you before that I'd never lie to you, but I did." He looked up at me, his throat moved up and down, "I said that you're feelings didn't count, but they do. I never acted that night, I do love you."

My heart sped up, nearly beating out my chest. I held my breath, but then thought maybe he was lying. I just shook my head, "I feel sorry for you." I pulled away from him and walked away.

I had the guts to walk away from Gerard Way when he said he loved me. What was I doing? Was I suppose to do this?

I didn't know if it were right, but he still followed me. He has a few feet away, following my path, smoking, but didn't say a word.

When I arrived at the shoot, Gerard followed. The receptionist stopped him, "Who are you?"

I stopped too, "He's my husband." I muttered quickly, "C'mon, Gerard."

The woman nodded and let him follow me. I sighed, still not speaking to him. We got to the studio, I wasn't nervous, more angry at Gerard.

The interviewer and photographer both greeted me; they were both female. Gerard stood by the door, watching me with his dark glare and his unimpressed body language. 

Impress me. Good luck.

"Who is that?" The interviewer, Jane, asked; she tossed her red hair back, grinning a little too much for my taste.

"I'm her husband." Gerard said flatly.

Jane looked at me for the truth. I nodded, "We got married bout three months ago."

"Lucky you." She smiled still.

"Yeah, put a ribbon round my neck." I let some of my accent slip, and I mentally grimaced at how bitchy I came off.

Jane didn't seem to notice. She was kind about Gerard's presence and didn't pester him.

"How long have you been with your husband--?"

"Gerard."

"Yes, how long have you been with Gerard?"

I looked to him, he just have me that bored look; I wanted to slap it off him face.

"5 months." I said quickly.

Her eyes widen, "Love at first sight?"

"I...I won't say so. We just...like each other." I rubbed my neck.

"We tolerate each other," Gerard spoke from across the room, "the sex is incredible."

I gapped at him, wanting to throw my shoes at him. I covered my face, knowing I turned the brightest shade of red. Jane laughed, she was the only one.

"Aw, you two kid each other."

I shook my head, "He's trying to piss me off." I spat, "Forget about him."

She nodded, her smile went away, "Alright...we'll just move onto the art and then we'll take a few shots for the chapter."
***

"You, Gerard Arthur Way, are not allow to speak to me anymore. I don't give a shit if you are on fire, you don't say two words to me. I will cut your penis off." I stormed away from Gerard once we were outside the building.

"I made a joke!" He jogged behind me, laughing.

"That's it," I didn't stop, "say goodbye to your penis. Have yourself a wank before I cut it off." I stopped then, turning to face him, "I can wait a minute."

He laughed again, tossing his cigarette butt, "Very funny."

"That wasn't funny!" I hit his arm, "You really embarrassed me! Why do you--"

"Why did you let me come up with you?" He smirked.

"I have no clue!" I shook my head, "I think I'm going crazy!"

I started off again, still he was on my trail.

"You love me." Gerard said amusingly, "You hate that you do. I like that."

"Fuck off, I'm meeting your girlfriend."

He laughed, "I'll see you later, Sugar."

With that, he took off in the other direction. Jesus, Gerard confuses me still.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy Moly (2,114 words)
I didn't have to work today, so look what I did.
Oh man, the next chapter is awesome.
I better get some love for this chapter, cuz c'mon, this chapter is really really long! Feedback is always awesome, especially since everyone likes bipolar Gerard. So, don't be shy :)

xo ali