Arrangements

Entitled

After I had done everyone's portraits, I had my dad's left to do. I was dreading to do it, because it was hard for me to look at my father's pictures. Thank God Gerard was there to help me.

"You got it?" He was seated beside me while I started.

"Yeah," I looked at my father's picture, clipped beside the painting, "I'm gonna do it now."

It actually took me an hour to do the full portrait. Gerard had played the Smashing Pumpkins for me, I was relaxed and I didn't focus too much on who I was painting.

"That's amazing, baby," Gerard came over to me as soon as I finished, "it's great..."

I didn't want to look, I just looked away once I was done, "I'm gonna go clean up...let this dry."

I walked away, Gerard followed me, taking my hand, "Stormy, you okay?"

"I just don't wanna see it." I told him truthfully.

He nodded, "Alright, let's go lie down, then."

"I'm gonna take a shower."

He smirked, "Let me join you."

I rolled my eyes, "Geez, Way, can't you keep it in your pants for 5 minutes?" I joked with him.

"Not when I'm around you." He wrapped his arms around me, his lips found my neck quickly.

Gerard, surprisingly, carried me all the way to the bathroom, stripping me easily along the way. He turned the shower on, and came back to me, as I stood against the wall, in my underwear, waiting for him. He pulled his shirt off, and kneeled down, kissing at my stomach. I looked down at him, his messy dark hair was tangled, I coursed my fingers through them. He pulled my underwear down, kissed at my navel, then my hip bones.

Gerard squeezed at my thighs, licking me quickly, then stood. The room was fogging up, and Gerard quickly stripped. He helped me in and got in with me; the water sprayed over me, I pulled Gerard close to me and kissed him heatedly.

He cut the kiss short, he pulled at my thigh to lift my leg up on his hip. I hissed when I felt him pressed against me, then pushed himself in. I caught his eyes, I saw that raw passion I loved. My stomach tensed, he pushed me up against the shower wall, letting the water hit his back, and started a slow rhythm. I brought my hand up to his jaw, bringing my lips to his, kissing him hard.

He pulled his lips from me, he groaned, tossing his head back, "Stormy..." he groaned, "Sugar."

I kissed at his throat, arching my back, reaching and sucking gently. I trailed my lips down his chest, until he pulled me back up to kiss me again. Gerard held me up, kissing me so forcefully, he was becoming sloppy with his thrust. I was close, my hands gripped at his shoulders, his pace quickened. I moaned against his lips, feeling him tense and release with me; I cried out softly, our tongues softened our fight, and I exhaled once we parted.

He pressed his forehead against mine, "You are somethin' else."

I smiled, breathing heavily, "Shut up."

He chuckled, "Make me."

I kissed him again, resting my head against his shoulder after, and slowly put my leg down.

*

My showing arrived the week before Christmas. The snow had let up, and I was extremely excited. I had felt like I had overcome some very big, emotional obstacles, and I was happy to share them with so many people. Gerard had seemed to be happy for me, but within a week of my showing, he was becoming distant. I didn't really bother with it, because I was too busy setting things up with Barbara. 

I hadn't entitled the showing, just because I wanted it to be underground, in a way. I was excited, y'know, but I didn't want to throw it in everyone's faces.

Right before we were to leave to go to the showing, Gerard had to meet with his manager, Brian, and some executives. I was a little annoyed, but I didn't snap at him; he said he'd be late, so Astrid and Frank rode with me; I hid my frustration with Gerard. 

"You look nice," Astrid commented on my knitted dress and pea coat sweater, "is this a big showing?"

I shook my head, we had arrived at the gallery a few minutes before, and you could see the people walking in; they all looked snooty and high class, "I don't know...Barbara didn't say."

"It looks very high class," Frank said with a slight grin.

"It is SoHo." Astrid commented.

"Mikey, Bob, and Ray should be here soon," Frankie added once we walked in, "Gerard hasn't been answering."

Barbara came up to me just as I was gonna say something, "Stormy Way!"

I smiled nicely at her, "Hello Barbara."

"Hello!" She gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek, "You must be Astrid Iero?" she turned to Astrid.

Astrid nodded, "Yes, and my husband--"

Barbara cut her off, "Frank Iero. Big fan."

Frank raised his brow and shook her hand, "Hi."

"Where is that famous husband of yours?" She had turned back to me.

"Uh, he's running late."

She mocked a frown, "Hopefully he'll make it soon. Someone already bought that print of your future nephew." Barbara pointed to the portrait I did of Astrid's belly; it was sort of a 3D painting with colors jumping out.

"No way." Astrid said with her jaw slack.

"Yes! Its beautiful, isn't it? $2500."

"Holy cow." Astrid laughed, "That's amazing."

I shied away, "Uh, um...why don't you show us around, Barbara?"

She nodded, "That sounds like a great idea!" She turned to Frank and Astrid, "You two should get a drink. Stormy told me to specifically get ginger ale and champagne." 

I blushed again, Frank laughed, "Alright. Let's go, babe." Astrid giggled and took Frank's arm and they hurried over to the man carrying drinks.

"That painting sold for $2500? I was only selling it for $600." I told Barbara once we passed it; the big red SOLD sticker next to the info jumped out at me.

"There was an auction between two collectors." Barbara told me.

I raised my brow, "That's crazy."

"Crazy? Honey, the one of Gerard...the one for the idea of this whole showing, sold for $13,550."

I held my mouth, "Shut the fuck up." I whispered.

Barbara grinned, shaking out her soft, copper red hair, "Believe it. I couldn't believe it myself!"

I looked around for it, it didn't take me long. It was very distorted, and messy. I think because of how long it was under the bus.

"Oh, wow." I said softly.

"Excuse me, are you Stormy?" a woman touched my shoulder a second after I looked for the painting.

"Yes, I am." I smiled nicely at her.

"I love this construction so much," she gushed happily; she was an older woman, who I would have considered to be one of my mother's friends from church, "but I was wondering what the name of it was. It was just untitled."

I looked back at the painting and tweaked my lips, "I...I never really named it...but it was made after someone very important to me." I looked back her.

"Who is that?" she asked softly.

"My husband, Gerard...Gee," I answered her with a smile on my face.

"That's very sweet of you. Is he here tonight?"

I locked my lips, "Uh, he should be here soon...he's always late."

*

Gerard didn't show, but my mom, Mrs. Way, Mikey, Allie, Bob, and Ray came. It was nice seeing them come support me, even in the cold. The rain had started heavily near the end of the night, and I loved how it looked in the dim lighting inside.

I hid my disappointment with Gerard with glasses of champagne with Bob. I had sold nearly everything, except my father's; that was for my mom. I couldn't handle seeing it on my own, I wanted Gerard to be there with me.

"These are amazing, honey," my mom kissed my cheek as she prepared to leave with Mrs. Way.

"Thank you, mama." I kissed her back, "You know you didn't have to come all the way here..."

"I wanted to! Plus, it was was worth it. I haven't been to one of these things in ages."

I turned to Mrs. Way, "Thank you, Mrs. Way, for driving my mother."

"It's no problem. Where's Gee?"

I licked my lips, "He had a meeting."

She frowned, "That boy."

I gave a fake chuckle, "Yeah, that boy."

She gave me a sympathetic look, "It must've been important."

I nodded, "Yeah, I know."

I kissed my mother goodbye again, gave her and Mrs. Way a hug and waved to them. I said my goodbyes to Bob, Ray and Mikey and Allie, and stood with Barbara. She smiled at me, "You made a killing."

"I guess I did, huh?"

"We can handle the checks next week, and ship these babies out."

I nodded, "Make sure Krist is shipped to Ladonna Jaco in Jersey." I warned her.

"Will do." Barbara gave me a reassuring smile.

"Thank you."

"No problem, girl. You've made me a pretty penny."

I gave her a short nod before I went to find Frank and Astrid so we could leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got a small spark of inspiration while trying to write somethin for another story of mine, and I might as well run with it.
So, why do you think Gee is missing?
Any ideas?