Arrangements

Gifts

The new couch made me feel only slightly better. It was a lighter color, different fabric and all, still I couldn't shake that memory. I had thought of rearranging the furniture, but I knew Gerard would question me about it, and I didn't want anymore drama between us. So, I pretended I was over it and we slept and relaxed on the couch. It was more than comfortable, and I guess it's why I didn't say anymore about it after a few days.

Christmas Eve, Gerard and I laid on the couch with Sylvester on the floor, chewing on a bone, and watched the original Black Christmas. Gerard seemed to b distracted while I laid my head on his lap and let him comb my hair back with his fingers. I wanted to ask what was wrong, because his body was tensing and he was getting hot, almost as if he was anxious.

"Gee, are you okay?" I looked up at him.

He looked down at me, no emotion, "I'm fine."

I raised my brow, "Are you sleepy? Do you want me to move?"

He shook his head, "I'm a little tired, but I can hang."

I leaned up and pecked the underside of his jaw and laid my head back in his lap, his fingers brushed against my neck. Near the  movie's end, I'd fallen asleep, and only stirred when Gerard moved and adjusted me on the couch. I was disappointed when he left me, because I didn't feel him come back and lay with me.

I stirred in my sleep as Gerard moved around in the living room. I hadn't known what the hell he was doing. I didn't know how long I was asleep before I opened my eyes and saw him at our fireplace. Then I squinted and saw that he had put a small, fake tree on our coffee table and a few, small wrapped presents were under it.

"Gee?" I looked back over at him, he had started a fire in the fireplace.

He looked at me, the orange glow from the growing fire made him look sinister, "You're up." he said happily.

I nodded and sat up, rubbing my eyes, "What're you doing?"

"It's cold and I wanted to surprise you." 

I smiled, "Really?" 

He ran his hands on his plaid pajama bottoms, "For you, yeah." He came and sat beside me, "And it's Christmas."

"I thought we were gonna open presents at your parents." I said as he reached in the coffee table and grabbed a small, wrapped gift.

"I can't wait." Gerard placed the pink wrapped gift on my lap and smiled at me.

I opened the present slowly, still waking myself from my sleep. Gerard sat close to me, watching my hands as I finally got to the small blue box inside. I opened the plastic box and saw the small, diamond ring sitting inside. I smiled at the cute little ring, and I wondered if it was from when he bought it the night I caught him. I suddenly frowned, but hid it.

Gerard touch my knee, "You like it, right?" He asked softly.

I looked at him, "Is it from your heart?" I asked suddenly, surprising myself.

"Always, Sugar."

I smiled again, "Then, I don't like it...I love it."

Gerard's body seemed more relaxed when he scooted closer to me. He took the ring out and took hold of my left hand and shimmied the gold band off, replacing the diamond with it. "It looks beautiful," I admitted softly, "but, I still want the band, if that's okay?"

Gerard nodded, "Of course."

"Do you want to open one of the gifts I got you?"

He shook his head, "I can wait, just open the next one."

The next small, blue box had a small silver locket; I opened the closed clasped and saw separate pictures of my parents. I looked up at him, a bit unsure, and he gave a slight shrug. Tears stung my eyes and I hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek, "This is sweet."

"I didn't know if you'd like it or not." He answered quietly.

"Thank you." Gerard helped put it on.

He rubbed his neck, "The last one...uh, I hope you like it."

Gerard handed me a long rectangular box with a small pastel red bow. I pulled the bow off and opened the box, inside was a plane ticket. I raised my brow, picked it up and saw that it was a plane ticket to Paris.

"Gee..." I was speechless, I truly didn't know what to say.

"I know how much you love it there, and I kind of what to lose my Paris virginity to you," he gave a chuckle, "it's not until after Valentine's Day -and no this doesn't count as your Valentine's Day gift. We have to wait until after the tour that's coming up in two weeks."

"You and me?" I asked dumbly, "You really want to go with me?"

He seemed confused, "Yeah...unless you don't want me to..." he trailed slowly.

"No! Of course I want you to! Duh!" I explained myself quickly, "It's just, I didn't think you'd want to go, or even think about going."

"I can see how much you miss being around art...you feed off it, and driving to New York every other week isn't satisfying. And, I know you miss LA and being around things that are abstract." 

I felt grateful for Gerard in that moment. No matter how jealous he got, or drank, or did or said stupid things, he loves me. He thought about me, and he wanted to make me happy. 

"Gee, these gifts are more than I enough. I can't tell you how thankful I am for them, thank you, baby." I hugged him and kissed his lips.

"You're welcome, Sugar."

*

Gerard and I (along with a very lazy Sylvester) got to his parents home later that afternoon. We carried everyone's gifts inside and set them under the tree. Astrid and Frank were already at the kitchen table, ready to eat lunch. Gerard came in and he and Frank started to talk, the talking led to them fighting about some video game and then running to Gerard's bedroom to fight some more about it. Astrid and I raised our brows as that ran off, leaving us alone.

Astrid looked at me once I say across from her, "He either got you diamonds or you two had sex on the way over," She smirked at me as she ate sunflower seeds.

"Gross. No, we had a nice morning, is all." I told her.

"Nice locket." she said with that ever present smirk, "And...nice ring."

I shook my head, "Christmas gifts, okay?"

"Are you wearing your gold band around your neck?"

I nodded, "I didn't want to just stuff it back in my jewelry box."

Mrs. Way entered the kitchen with some tomato soup, "Merry Christmas, Stormy, where is my boy?"

I chuckled, "Merry Christmas. He and Frank are fighting over some video game."

She shook her head in a jested, shameful manner, "Those boys."

"You can say that again." Astrid giggled.

"Are you hungry, sweetie?" She asked as she slipped Astrid the soup.

"No, ma'am, I'm alright."

"Make sure you eat, though. Mikey will be here soon, and he's the human vacuum," Mr. Way came in behind his wife, "and the turkey won't be done till dinner."

"I'll make sure, sir." I smiled at him, "Did my mother call? She said she was coming over early."

"Oh, she's at the church right now. They're having a drive, and Ladonna loves to help," Mrs. Way noted, "I told her not to rush."

"Just like mama," Astrid joked as she ate.

"I know. We were going to pick her up, but she said she was going to run some errands." I felt Sylvester rub his chunky body against my leg and then thump onto the hardwood floor.

"She'll be here," Astrid waved it off, then she looked under the table, "Long time no see, Sylvy."

We all continued nice conversation, then Mikey and Allie arrived. Gerard and Frank got over their little argument and now were joking on the couch with us. I kept Sylvester on my lap, petting him, until we all decided to open each other's gifts.

I had gotten Frank a new hoodie and a gift card for the local tattoo shop that a friend of my and Astrid's. I got Astrid onesies and stuffed animals, and then that painting I had been saving for them. They both looked at me, astonished; "Whoa." Frank had said, "This is awesome!" Astrid grinned at me, muttering a smart ass remark.

I got Mikey a hoodie, too, and a new beanie, sink the stitching was coming apart. I bought Allie this heeled leather boots she had been hinting on. I got Mr. and Mrs. Way tickets to Monty Python's Spamalot.

Finally, I gave Gerard his gifts; I was slightly nervous because they weren't as extravagant as the things he got me. I bought him a vintage leather jacket from this thrift store I frequented, a brand new pack of expensive colored pencils and a sketch pad. He had grinned at me, "Thanks, babe, really. I fuckin' love the jacket, and these color pencils are bad ass."

I knew I had blushed like a maniac, "They aren't as great as you got me..."

"I love them. This feels good," he had the jacket on and was stretching in it.

I had gotten a few nice dresses from Astrid and Allie, and Mikey. Frank got me a cardigan, and the Way's had given me these wonderful scarves. All of these were wonderful, and all I really wanted was to see my mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
The locket is gorgeous.
I told my mom I wanted something like it for Christmas.
Let's hope I get it :)