Arrangements

Style

How would you feel if the guy you were madly in love with didn't answer the phone? Well, I feel sad and like a fucking idiot. I didn't like it.

I had made peace with Mrs. Way, and after two days, I went back home with my dog and went back to painting. I had a new pack of cigarettes and I would have to go see that Alex Greenwald guy in New York in a few hours. I cranked out some stuff, then I got dressed and cleaned up.

I had made a habit of letting Gerard slip my mind. It was thanks to the cigarettes and iPod I bought. Astrid was ultra pissed when she smelt that I was smoking again. God, the girl was too motherly sometimes. I swear, she might as well smother her son right now.

Anyway, I dressed as usual, and my usual was always unusual. After college, I had turned into a "girly girl" of sorts; a friend of mine turned me onto dresses and skirts and heels when I was fresh out. Now, I was still wearing all these nice clothes, even in the dead of winter. I could only thank god for leg warmers.

After I dressed, I grabbed everything, excluding the cigarettes, and got Sylvester and drove to Astrid's. I kept my iPod on, listening to the Beatles, and kept focus on the slick roads. Once I arrived, I picked up Sylvester and carried him up the porch and through the door.

"Oh my god, I almost slipped," I grumbled, placing Sylvester on the floor, "Astrid, I--" I stopped mid sentence when I saw Gerard standing by her kitchen counter, "Trid?"

"I'm in the nursery!" She called.

I didn't say anything to him, he kept staring at me. I hurried down the hall, my dog following, and saw Astrid putting up some mobile.

"Hey, I brought Syl." I told her.

She turned, "Oh, okay. Is your New York meeting today?"

"Yeah, I'm sure the New Years Eve traffic will keep me late." I groaned internally.

"Where are meeting...uh? What's his name?" She started towards the door, heading down the hall.

"Alex Greenwald. I actually like his band," I chuckled as we entered the kitchen; Gerard was nowhere in sight.

"What band is he in?" She went to the cabinet to make coffee an hot chocolate.

"Phantom Planet," I pulled out my iPod, "I only have a few songs, but they're pretty awesome."

That's when I heard Frank's giggle and Gerard's shuffled movements. I held my breath, Astrid have me a disgruntled look. I could read her mind; she wanted to speak in Italian to me. I only knew a few keywords, enough to survive and not make an ass of myself, but Astrid knew three different languages and Italian is her second language.

"Non riesco a sbarazzarsi di lui." She rolled her eyes and began making my hot chocolate.

"Uh, what?" I laughed.

"Hey Storm!" Frank hugged me, "She said, I can't get away from him." He whispered.

"You know--"

"Yes, she's teaching me." 

I rolled my eyes, "I don't understand your foreign language, sis." 

"Hey," Gerard finally said.

"Hi." I waved awkwardly. Jesus, I've been waiting to talk to him for two days and that's it?

"What are you dressed up for?" Frank asked, slipping in front of my sight.

"I have to meet a client in New York." I shrugged, "Is the skirt too much?"

"Nah, you look good," Astrid told me, "I mean, it is your style."

I just hummed softly, feeling his eyes on my back. I never really asked Gerard how I looked, ever. He loved the fact I wore stockings and skirts, he said they made me look sexy and mature.

"I gotta get going," I tapped my fingers on the counter.

"Here is your hot chocolate, and be careful." Astrid gave me a thermos.

"I will." I turned to face them, "Have fun guys." My eyes lingered on Gerard, but I quickly walked past him.

*

I made it to New York without a problem, and went to the local coffee shop we had agreed on. It was close to the bridge, but the streets were crowded with people. Everyone wanted to get to Time Square; even if it was only 4 pm.

I parked, making my way up the sidewalk past everyone walking by. I entered the coffee shop, basking in the warm space and the smell of coffee beans. I had tried to remember the guy's face; I had googled him, and he told me what he'd be wearing. He would be wearing knit hat, a long, black coat and slacks. He said he had long dark hair, and I kind of just looked for that.

I looked around for a moment, then I spotted him. He looked at me, and god, he was handsome. I'm sure my eyes grew wide and I became flustered because he gave me a worried glance. I quickly regained the little composure I had and walked over.

"Hey," He stood, moving quickly, "I'm Alex."

Alex Greenwald. He is a handsome man. He looked very old fashioned, the kind of guy I always had a thing for. He wasn't Gerard, and he sure as hell wasn't Toby.

"Stormy," I grinned; I hoped I didn't come off as too creepy. 

He shook my hand, "Do you want a coffee?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm fine...besides I don't drink coffee." 

He had a smile that made my stomach twist and knot. I was acting like such a girl.

"So, I gotta say thanks for showing up." Alex and I sat across from each other in that small booth.

"I'm always willing to work with anyone who ask." I kept my lips straighten, turning them up only a bit.

Alex smiled back, and I swear I was falling with love with him, "I saw some of your work from one of my friends girlfriends, she's a model and worked on some fashion runway thing and showed us pictures," he seemed really excited, and I couldn't keep my smile buried, "I saw the designs, make a few calls to the shops and art dealers in France and I got a hold of Dave and then you."

"What did you want to work on? I've worked with bands before."

"I want you to help with this EP I'm working on and my band's album art work...and, do you like interior design? I'd love if you'd paint a mural on my wall in my home studio."

His smile made my stomach flutter, and I tried not to nod like a idiot. "I've never done a mural before, but I think I could give it a try."

This time, Alex grinned giddily at me, "Thanks, if you can, I think it'll be awesome! I have a few ideas I wanted to talk to you about."

I hid my crush for as long as I could while Alex and I talked. He was so jazzed about every little idea I came up with, it was so weird how well we clicked. Our talking led us to talking about music, and art, and then about our personal lives.

This is when I felt very uncomfortable.

Alex knew about my and Gerard's marriage...only that we were married and that we were "happy".

"I got kind of jealous when I saw that you were married to him...I mean, I had heard he married, but I didn't know it was you." His cheeks actually turned a pinkish color.

I bit my lip, "Jealous? Why?"

"I mean you're gorgeous!" He blurted it out, but only between us.

My eyes went wide, "What?"

He looked mortified in himself, "Oh shit, I didn't...I didn't mean to say that out loud...I just...I get excited sometimes and I kind of have a crush in you. I don't..." he trailed nervously, "I'm not going to try and seduce you or anything."

"It's alright, Alex, I understand."

"I hope this doesn't make working with me too awkward," He gave a small laugh.

I patted his hand, "It's fine, dude, I understand completely."

He smiled still, "Thanks, and again, I didn't mean to be so forward."

I didn't tell Alex how much I thought he was cute. I had wanted to, believe me, but I'm a married woman, I didn't want to come off as trashy. And, besides, I still have feelings for Gerard. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa...Gee better watch himself, right?
If you don't know Alex Greenwald, he is an amazing musician. I met him two times when he and the rest of Phantom Planet were on tour with Panic at the Disco in 2007-2008. He is a very nice guy and I really like his music.
Any who, what do you think? Like or dislike the arrival of Alex?

xo ali