Arrangements

Possessive

Gerard walked beside me as we entered, he held my hand loosely, he looked around. I immediately saw Alex over at the computer, and easels we had set up, "Hey." 

"Hey," I waved back, letting Gerard's hand go, "Sorry we're late."

Alex waved it off, "It's cool, I was just messing with colors on this design."

"Great, I'm glad I didn't disappoint." I turned to Gerard, who stood still behind me, "Uh, Gee, this is Alex." I gestured him over, "Alex this is my husband, Gerard."

Alex stuck his hand out, smiling, "Nice meeting you."

Gerard, to my surprise, smiled back, "Same here. You aren't working my girl too hard, are you?"

"Nah, she's pretty reliable."

Gerard grinned at me, "Yeah, I know it."

It was so weird and out of place that Gerard was so civil to another male, who wasn't his friend. I was taken aback, just waiting for him to flip. But, he didn't and I was shocked. Actually, I was proud, and happy.

As Alex and I started to talk and jot down ideas, Gerard didn't butt in nor did he say anything rude. He walked around the building, checking out some of my paintings, then he went out for a smoke.

Alex turned to me, once Gerard was outside, "I half expected him to jump down my throat." Alex mumbled quietly.

I looked at him, "What do you mean?"

"He's been giving me some evil stares, but he hasn't said anything," Alex chuckled, "I don't think he likes me."

I smirked, "Gerard doesn't like anyone. He didn't even like me when we first met...and we met when we were like 5."

Alex raised a brow, "Really? You guys grew up together?"

I remembered that Alex didn't know that my and Gerard's marriage, originally, was arranged. No one, but the band and family, knew. Now, our marriage was real and rocky, just like any other.

"No...well," I looked down at the scribbles on my scratch paper, "our parents were friends, and we rarely ever talked. We hooked up back in the Spring."

Alex nodded, "Love at first sight?"

"You could say that." I lied.

I wasn't comfortable about telling anyone about the way Gerard and I originally got together. It made me feel as if I still had to try to make this thing work. A lot of times, the things that people, who are living on the outside of our bubble, say things that aren true and hurt. I read somewhere that I was just married to Gerard for monetary reasons. It wasn't true, because I had my own job and my own money; Gerard and I never even talked about our money or anything of that nature.

Our lives were based around making our relationship work. I don't think we ever thought about things like that.

"Is he cool with you coming to LA next week?" Alex broke my thoughts.

"Yeah...well, we haven't really talked about it. We're going to Paris for Valentine's Day." I smiled to myself, "He leaves at the end of the month, and he's never been."

"Does he like your art style? You could take him to those galleries you were telling me about."

I smiled at him, "I think I will. Gerard is really into pop art, y'know. He loves comics, and bright colors, appose to the dull and pastel colors I like."

"You two must butt heads when it comes to art."

I shook my head, "Not really...we don't really talk about my art, or any artist."

Alex opened his mouth to speak, but Gerard walked in a moment later. He looked a bit frustrated, and it was easy to see him hiding some annoyance in his body, "Is there anything to drink?" He asked, combing his hand through his hair.

"There's a soda machine in the back, I'll get you one." 

Gerard gave me a weak smile, "Thanks, Sugar."

I smiled back, patting Alex's shoulder as I jogged towards the back room. It was being turned into a nice recreation room, thanks to Dave. So far, all he had done was the paint job, the soda machines and the Frogger game. I went up to the Pepsi machine, punched in the code and a cold soda rolled out. I got another for Alex and returned to the room.

You could sense the tension. I walked in, I knew some heated words, or glares, had happened. I didn't say anything, I smiled, hoping I was wrong, and gave each their sodas.

"Thanks." They both said.

"No problem." 

I turned to Alex, he had been texting on his phone, "I'll be right back." He mumbled, "Excuse me."

I nodded, walking to return to our table.

"Hey, Storm, c'mere." Gerard said as I walked away from him.

I turned slowly, making my way back, "Hmm?"

He gave me a puppy dog look with his hazy eyes, "My head hurts. Will you rub it?"

I couldn't help but to giggle, "Gee, you are so weird."

He pouted, "Please? My head hurts."

I rolled my eyes playfully, and stood in front of him. I ran my fingers, slowly, through his dark locks, massaging his scalp. His hands placed in my hips drumming his fingers on my backside.

"Thanks," he murmured softy, "and I gotta ask. When we're you gonna tell me you were going to LA."

"As soon as we got home." I told him quickly; I knew he was going to flip this on me, "Do you wanna go with me?"

"I was going whether you invited me or not."

I pulled my hands from his head, "Are you trying to start a fight with me?" 

He chuckled, taking my hands, "No, I'm trying to be your husband."

I bit at my lip, "Thank you, y'know, for behaving."

He rolled his eyes, "I always behave."

I leaned down and kissed his forehead, "We both know that's a lie."

He laughed, "Hey, you just catch me on my bad days."

"Everyday is a bad day for you, Gee."

He smiled at me, placed his hands on my hips and pulled me between his legs, "I'm sorry for being a jerk."

"I already accepted your apology."

He nodded, "I get possessive...do you even realize what you mean to me, Stormy?"

I tugged my bottom lip again, "I've never realized."

"Apparently, I haven't made it clear," he spoke softly, "I'm sorry bout that. I hope you know it."

I nodded, wrapping my arms around him, "I know it now, Gee."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, he behaved! :)
I really wanted to act like a dick, but, I decided to change it. We get the Dick Version of Gerard all the time, so why not?
Do you like it?