Arrangements

We're so alike

Gerard wore his make up to the dinner. It was slightly awkward, since it was just our parents and ourselves. I didn't know what to say, because Astrid usually started our conversations. It was too quiet and it buzzed my ears.

"So, you kids figure out a date?" My father spoke.

I looked over at Gerard, "Um...whatever is good for Gerard." 

"July 4th. Save on fireworks," He joked.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful," Mrs. Way smiled at Gerard, "We can invite all the family from New York."

Gerard tensed and I saw his jaw clench. I didn't know what it was about him that every little thing made him upset.

"Hey, we don't have much family," I spoke up, locking eyes with him to ease him, "It's just gonna be me, Astrid and my parents."

He gave me a small smile, but turned his head down. I wanted to know what was wrong. If we weren't going to be romantically involved, I'd still like to be his friend. We were getting married after all.

"I want it to be small," he mumbled, "just us." he turned his parents, "Please."

They both nodded, "That's fine by us." His father patted his back.

The rest of the meal was quiet, with few exchanges between our parents. Mrs. Way had asked me what colors I liked, and what I would be interested in at our wedding. I am completely dumb when it comes to wedding things, and I just shrugged and told her whatever looked nice.

We thanked them once they prepared to leave, and Gerard took me aside for a moment. He rubbed his neck, coursing his messy hair, "Uh...um, thanks for earlier. I'm not big on family functions."

"Me either," I told him truthfully, "big crowds or any type of crowds frighten me." 

He smiled, "Well, I guess that's another thing we have in common..."

"What're the other things?" 

"Uh, this marriage thing and we both like the color red."

I felt myself blush, I don't know why, "I guess so."

"I'll see you Saturday, Stormy..." He lingered for a moment, it felt like he wanted to say more, but he didn't.

"See you, Gerard."

I watched him go with his parents, and internally, I wished he would come back. I barely knew this man, yet I wanted him around. He fascinated and worried me; I guess I could blame it on his good looks.

-

The few days passed, and I was ready to head out on tour with the guys of My Chemical Romance. Honestly, I don't know what to expect; I had bought some new clothes, and got the things Astrid advised I get. I had called Gerard and asked him what else I should bring, he just say whatever I needed.

My knees shook when he came over, early Saturday morning, to pick me up. I was downing hot chocolate, painting with my dad, trying to shake off my nerves.

"You'll be fine." My dad patted and kissed my head after Gerard knocked.

"You promise?"

He laughed, "Yes, I promise. You need anything, call me."

I exhaled, "Okay."

I opened the door for Gerard and let him in. He picked up my duffle bag for me, "I gotta check your stuff out when we get to my place. Is that cool?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Just let me say goodbye to my folks first."

He nodded and I hurriedly kissed my tired parents goodbye. I hugged my father tight before I left and hurried out the door with Gerard. He put my bag into the backseat of his small car, and opened the door for me; I smiled at him, but I don't believe he saw it.

"Sorry my car is total shit," he mumbled, "I haven't driven it in ages."

I shrugged, "It's okay, I can't talk smack about it, I can barely drive myself."

He started to pull out of the drive way, "I like to walk. Especially at night, even if motherfuckers are crazy." he shook his head absentmindedly.

"Me too. I was mugged once...I still go out, Astrid makes me carry around pepper spray."

He looked over at me, "No shit? I was mugged too, in New York. Some asshole put a gun up to my head."

I cringed at the thought, "The asshole who mugged me used a knife."

He gave me a fearful glance, "Oh, that's terrible."

"I'm okay. Papa says roll with the punches and that's what I'm doing."

"You aren't scared?"

I shook my head, "No, I mean, I don't linger out like I use to, but that whole period didn't diteriate my love for the night."

He smiled, looking at the road, "Me and you...we're way too alike."

Gerard and I had a light conversation until we got to his home. He grabbed my bag for me, leading me up his home and through the door. I could hear Mikey complaining about his mother fussing over breakfast. I saw a guy with a blond buzz cut and goatee, sitting on the couch.

"Stormy, that's Bob," Gerard sat my bag down by the door, next to a couple other bags, "Bob, this is Stormy."

Bob smiled at me, starching out his hand, "Nice to meet you."

"You too. Are you a drummer?" I asked after letting go of his hand.

He raised his brow as I made my way around the couch, "Yeah...how'd you know?"

I sat on the couch beside him, "You have strong arms, you drum with them instead of your wrist, like my friend Allie. You both are kinda buff." 

He looked at Gerard, who sat in a recliner beside him, "Dude, where did you meet this girl?"

"Thank my parents." Gerard waved it off.

"Do you do upper body exercises?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "No, why?"

"Allie does them, and the girl can drum for hours on end. I think you should, builds up your stamina."

I knew I was rambling with Bob, but he seemed to enjoy it. We spoke about the exercises Allie had shown me, and got to know each other well. He was quite nice to me; I had looked at Gerard a few times, and I knew he didn't like how friendly I was. 

"Yo!" I heard a familiar voice call after bursting through the door, "Bus is here!" It was Frank.

Mikey skipped into the living room, his parents following in tow. Bob and I stood, along with Gerard, and we followed out towards the front. This is when the nerves hit me again, and I was becoming fidgety with my hands. Bob put a hand on my shoulder, "It's going to be fine, Stormy."

I smiled at him, "Thanks, I'm just...I'm not use to this life style."

"Get use to it, you're marrying my brother," Mikey snickered as he passed me.

I looked to Gerard, he didn't look happy, and I felt like it was my fault. God, I hated that I agreed to come along.

After settling our bags onto the bus, Frank bounced in first, taking hold if my arm. He led me into the front lounge, "This is where we chill and shit," he giggled.

I giggled too, "Oh my gosh, Frank, can I tell you something?"

He looked at me, his big hazel eyes shining like a child's at me, "What?"

"You're adorable." I felt myself becoming more around he and Bob.

He grinned, "I know!" Again, he giggled, "Come on, I still need to show you the rest of the bus!"

The rest of the guys piled on, and I heard them laughing at Frank pulling me along.

"This is where we eat. Worm stocked up for us." 

I raised my brow, "Worm?"

He turned me around, a big, buff guy with glasses stood a few feet away from me, "That's Worm, security extraordinaire!"

I stuck my hand out to him, "Hi, Stormy." I introduced myself like I had always had.

He shook my hand, "Hey. Any friend of these animals is a friend of mine."

"Actually, this is gonna be Gee's wifey!" Frank giggled.

Worm chuckled, "I hope you know what you're in for." 

I raised my brow, but didn't question it because Frank twirled me around, "This is where we sleep! This is my bunk," he pointed to the bottom bunk in the first row. "I think you'll want to sleep here," he pointed to a bottom bunk, on the right side, in the second row.

"Why?"

"Because Gee's is right here," He pointed to the bunk across, "But we have a rule. No fucking on the bus unless it's necessary."

I shook my head at this man, coursing my hair after.

This was gonna be a long tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)

I really have nothing to say but thanks