Arrangements

Some things

"So, you and Gerard are OK?" Astrid asked shallowly; her fingers played with the lid of her water bottle.

"Yes. I don't want to jinx it." I told her, "And, can you tell Frank to let up on Gerard? He hasn't been feeling too well about our situation."

She raised a brow, "Situation?"

I didn't want to flat out tell my sister about Gerard's insecurities, especially with him in the next room. I ran a hand through my hair, "He gets frustrated, like he shouldn't be with me, and Frank and Mikey make him feel bad about it. So, y'know, can you tell Frank to ease up?"

Astrid nodded, "Yeah, sorry bout that. They care, too."

"I know, I know, and I'm grateful, but Gerard cares too, and he's my husband."

"We'll let up...I didn't know..." Astrid could read me.

"It's alright, Astrid."

She gave me a smile, "So, how is everything else? How's your boyfriend?"

I rolled my eyes, "He's my client."

"Oh, come on..." she looked around before whispering, "you were lusting over him just last week."

I shook my head, "Some things change."

"Oh geez," she leaned back, "Did he and Gerard have a battle?"

I laughed, "No. I just...I love Gerard more than I like Alex."

"Alright. So what did happen? Did he say something?"

I shrugged, "Nothing to fret about, just some comment, but I'm not going to say anything."

"Why not?"

"I really like working with Alex, and it's a breeze, and he's very hands on rather than just trusting me with his future plans and workings."

She nodded, "You aren't going to say anything at all."

I shook my head, "Unless I have to."

Astrid continued to probe me about "work", until Gerard came back into the kitchen, where we had been, looking a tiny bit frustrated. He gave a tight smile to Astrid, "Uh, I'm...I hate to be rude, but I'm ready to head out. I have some shit to take care of."

I nodded, "Yeah." I turned to Astrid, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I stood up and hugged my sister, said my goodbyes to her and Frank, and followed Gerard out to the car. He got in the driver side, and hesitated before turning the car on. He looked at me before he backed out, he had something to say, but he was waiting.

Finally, as we drove away from Frank and Astrid's, he let out a sigh, "I need coffee."

He drove to Starbucks, stalling the car, and looked at me again, "You want one of those frappachino things?"

I smiled, giggling slightly, "And a chocolate muffin."

"That much sugar, you'll be hyper." He countered with a laugh.

"Well, just the muffin then. I'm not really the one for coffee."

"Come in with me. No ones inside." Gerard turned the car off and pulled the keys from the ignition.

I shrugged, opening my door and sliding out. I got to the front of the car, waiting for him; he lent out his hand and interlaced our fingers once my palm was in his. He led the way into the coffee shop, and up to the register.

I looked over at the pastries while he ordered his coffee, it didn't take him long to join me at the display; "Muffins are right there." He told me with a chuckle.

"I'm sort of craving something with jelly in it." I said with a bored tone.

He laughed, "Well, hurry it up, I gotta pay."

I rolled my eyes playfully, telling the worker to give me the chocolate chip muffin and he handed it to me. Gerard shook his head at me, rolling his eyes up toward the ceiling. I grabbed some napkins, ignoring him and went to a small table near the window. He followed behind, sliding into the seat across from me.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Gerard spoke after a moment of silence and us picking at my muffin.

"Hmm?" I hummed, sucking the melted chocolate from my thumb.

"Are you gonna tell Alex about--"

I stopped him, "I'm not gonna say a word, Gee."

He knit his brows in a confused manner. He opened his mouth to speak, but the barista called his name, he held a finger to me and got up to get his coffee. He sat right back down, "Why not?"

"It's my job. I work for him, Gee, and I don't want to start any type of drama in my work environment. I love what I do, and I don't want people to think that they can't work with me because of who my husband is."

He leaned back in his chair, "Oh."

"Gee, don't worry about anyone, it's just you and me. That's all that matters." I took his hand from his lap and interlaced our fingers, "I love you, nothing can change that."

He smiled, "Thanks, Storm."

*

The next day, I got up and ready to meet Alex at the studio. I decided to dress in jeans and a t-shirt; Gerard smirked at me from the bed, he was still naked from last night, with bed head.

"Well, look who's dressing up." 

I rolled my eyes, "It's cold and you tore my leggings."

He sat up, "I don't remember that."

"Last night, after Starbucks. You ripped them off, just like my underwear." I shook my hair in the mirror, hearing him laugh.

"I'm sorry, I guess I don't know my own strength."

"Keep it up, funny man, I might have to rip something of yours." I left my hair down, let it curl on it's own.

"Ouch." He grumbled.

I walked over to the bed and sat by his feet, "I have to go, but I'll be home by 3. You wanna have lunch?"

He smiled, "Yeah, what do you want?"

"Whatever you want."

He made a funny face, "I get to pick my wife up for lunch today?"

I pecked his cheek, "If you want."

"What time should I stop by?"

"Noon-ish." I told him.

He grinned, "Man, I can't wait."

I kissed his lips, "Don't be late."

"I won't," he mumbled, "now, get outta here and make something." 

I stood up, "Love you, Gee."

He slapped my butt, "I love you, too."

I rubbed his head once before I left. 

*

Alex and I immediately got into work as soon as I arrived. I was setting up the gradients for the booklet of his EP, and selecting the correct font he wanted. It was smooth sailing, until Alex slid beside me at the computer.

"Whoa, those colors really bring out the dull of our outfits," He commented.

"Yeah, I fixed the shade of white on your coats." I told him.

He hummed softly, moving closer. I could smell his cologne, and it was nice, but...I thought of Gerard. I thought about what he had said to him, too. I swallowed thickly, his hand touched mine, and he was making a move.

"Stormy, can I--" Alex was cut off by another voice startling us.

"I'm here to take my wife to lunch," Gerard's voice sang as he walked over to us, making Alex move away slightly, "You ready, Sugar?"

My heart was thumping quickly, as if I had been caught doing something I shouldn't have, "Y-yeah, let me get my bag."

I stood up and went over towards the desk and grabbed my bag. I waved to Alex before taking Gerard's hand and leading him out the door. My anxiety was running high, by the time we got towards the car, I pushed him against his and kissed him. I could hear him chuckle against my lips, finally I pulled away.

"Wow. What'd I do to deserve that?" He grinned at me, he wiped the lipgloss from his lips.

I sighed, my heart was slowly returning to normal, "I'm glad you showed up when you did."

He laughed, "I know. He looked so disappointed."

My eyes narrowed slightly, "You knew he was gonna kiss me?"

He snorted, "I'm a guy, Stormy."

I slugged him softly, "I hate you sometimes."

He hugged me, "But you love me all the time, Sugar."

I nodded, kissing his cheek, "Yes, I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another filler, ugh, forgive me. I just wanted to get this chapter over with.