Arrangements

Two steps back

The next day, Gerard came with me to the gallery to meet James. I was nervous the entire way, and I had squeezed Gerard's hand when we entered the building. He saw me and smiled, he was looking over some of the photos of the designs I had done for the fashion shows.

"Hello, I'm Stormy," I shook his hand formally, "and this is my husband, Gerard."

James shook our hands, "Nice to meet you. I love your design work for Prada."

"I'm not a real big fan of fashion," I told him truthfully, "but they gave me creative control." 

James nodded, and we continued to speak about our ideas and the fine art designs. We wanted some darker colors, almost morbid and death designs. Gerard had shared his ideas too, and I was happy he would butt in and add to the conversation; it was pretty humbling to have his input.

When the meeting was over, we exchanged emails and numbers to trade more ideas. We would decide at a later time, on when we would start the showing.

Gerard and I went on back to the hotel suite. I took my shoes off and undressed from the dress I had put on earlier. Gerard smirked at me, "I really do love what you do, babe."

I laughed when I went to my bag to get some shorts and a t-shirt. "Thanks, Gee. How did you like James?"

"I really like his insight on death." He sat on the bed as I dressed, "I'm really into his mind and work now that I've met him."

"Please don't run off and marry him." I joked, sitting beside him.

"I'd only run away with you, Sugar." Gerard leaned over effortlessly and kissed my lips.

I felt my heart pound as a lot of things rushed into my head, "I'm gonna miss you when you leave." I told him truthfully.

He sighed and brushed his fingers up to my cheek, "I don't wanna think about that, I don't wanna leave either."

"We'll get another break soon, right?" I asked softly, brushed my lips against his.

He bit his lip and nodded, "Yeah, I think so."

"C'mon, then, get over here and fuck me."

"Love when my girl talks dirty to me." I kissed his lips.

*

Astrid was in her final weeks of pregnancy, the band had left on tour and she was worried they wouldn't be home in time. The baby was due the first week of April, around the same time as Gerard's birthday, and they were trying to figure out a way to get a few days off.

"What if I have the baby while Frank's gone?" Astrid worriedly absentmindedly as she ate.

"It won't happen. Geez, you start letting the kid call the shots now, you're screw."

Astrid smiled at me, "Thank you, Stormy."

"I'm trying to make you comfortable and relax. I don't want to be the one to drive you to the hospital." 

I was staying with Astrid until Gerard returned. I had to care for her, Frank's mother had a job and couldn't come over all the time. I was in charge of taking her wherever she needed and had to go.

So far, everything was good. I had gotten a few pieces done for the show, that was happening at the end of the month, and sending them off without a problem. My only regard now was my want to start a family. I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm ready. I'm excited, more so than ever.

"Being pregnant isn't as cute as I make it," Astrid said to me when I told her I wanted a baby.

"Oh my God, you are so conceited." Allie grumbled, "Get a life."

"I have one, thank you very much."  Astrid stuck her tongue out at her.

"You and Gerard are planning this baby?" Allie asked suddenly.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"You aren't the least bit worried?"

I shrugged, "Just a little, but he wants one, too."

She smiled, "I'm happy for you guys. Mikey told me that Gerard's been doing better, and I can happily say that you look like you've been doing better, too."

"I feel happier. I never had so many things go right, y'know? I'm happy to be alive." I gushed happily, "I just...can't wait to share it with our own little person."

Astrid giggled, "Your own little person?"

"Yes." I told her.

"Have you guys thought about any names or anything?" Astrid joked.

I rolled my eyes, "No, we're barely planning our baby, Astrid."

She threw her palms up defensively, "Well, excuse me."

I just smiled, "When I get knocked up I'll be sure to pick out names." 

Astrid just giggled.

*

Later that night, as I began to drift off to sleep, my phone began to ring. My eye lids were heavy, and I searched the bed side table for my phone. I was disoriented from sleep and the lack of knowing where everything was in my sister's guest bedroom.

"Hello?" I grumbled tiredly.

"Stormy, I need you." It was Gerard, he was slurring his words.

"Gerard?" I mumbled, to see if I were imagining it or not.

"What're you doing?" He slurred more.

"Are you drunk?" 

"No...I'm a little stoned."

I shot up, coursing my hair back, "You're stoned? What did you take?"

"I did a line. I got some pills from--" He stopped and said something incoherent.

"What kind of pills, Gerard?" I asked angrily, "Where are the guys? Where's Mikey?"

"Why are you so mad?"

I cursed to myself, "Because you're high, you fucking idiot! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I just needed something...take the edge off. I'm...I'm not ready," he slurred, brutally honest, to me.

"Not ready for what?"

"For what you're ready for," he set his voice ready to explain, "I saw this...this girl I used to screw, before I met you...she has everything I need. She's free and she-she's happy. I need what she has."

It felt like he was trampling on my feelings. I felt as if everything we had been striving forward for had been set two paces back. More so, it hurt that he cared about what this woman had, than what we did.

"I-I'm gonna hang out with Liz for a little while. OK?"

I didn't respond. I felt like he had physically slapped me. I hung up my phone and set it back on the table. Forced myself to sleep. I also forced myself to pretend I wasn't hurting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Forgive me :(
I have an idea of where I want to take this, and I sort of believe this is nessescary.
Please don't hate me

shameless plug time, once again!!! --> All or Nothing - Another one of mine...