Arrangements

Well worth it

After grocery shopping we went to my parents empty house. It was so quiet, and cold, inside. Astrid turned on the heater, I carried the groceries into the kitchen, setting Danny, in his car seat, on the table. He had fallen asleep, and still wouldn't stir since we arrived.

Astrid came in and looked over at him, "The one time he falls asleep, and he won't wake up. Why can't he do that when Frank is home?"

"Maybe he likes to piss Frank off." I joked, taking the groceries out.

"Oh, ha ha, laugh it up." Astrid helped, she rolled her eyes.

"You still got things here?" I asked, heading to the stove.

"Yeah, I come here whenever Linda has Danny, or when Frank wants his alone time. I brought a lot of stuff from the storage over here..." she trailed, "a lot of your stuff is upstairs."

"My stuff?" I looked over at her with a questioning glance.

"Gerard wanted me to take it, he doesn't like seeing your stuff at the house."

"Why didn't you just send it to me?"

"To coax you back here, duh." She giggled.

I rolled my eyes, "Jerk."

"Hey, what party are you going to?" She changed the subject quickly.

"This thing with Alex...I think it's a music showcase or something." I explained.

"Are you gonna dress sexy?" I gave her a funny look and she just laughed, "Just asking."

"No...just a nice skirt or something, I dunno."

"As usual." She shook her head.

"That's how I dress, geez."

"I'm not gonna judge." She just laughed again and began to cook.

***

After we ate, I went back to her house, with her as she begged me to stay. I finally said yes, but lit a cigarette as soon as we got on the porch. She gave me a look of annoyance; "I hope you freeze your ass off."

I took a long drag and held it, "Me too." I smirked at her.

She shook her head and went inside. I hung around her porch, smoking, hating the winter cold. I snubbed out my cigarette, just about to go inside when my phone went off. I grabbed it from my jacket pocket.

It was Alex, "Hey."

"What's up, beautiful? I can't stop thinking about you."

"Wow, you're so flattering," I muttered, walking into the house, "I'm cool, what's up with you?" I hung by the door.

"I miss you. Time goes by too slow."

"I'm surprised, because I would be annoyed with me by now."

"No, I have a thing for you. I think you're addicting."

I smiled, "I might have to watch my nephew soon, but I'll come to New York to see you."

"Yeah, yeah, that sounds awesome. I'll see you, Storm."

"See you." I hung up my phone and went into the living room.

Astrid an Frank were speaking heatedly, and I felt awkward. I tried to smile, "Hey Frank."

"Hey," he said softly, "Are you watching Danny for us tomorrow?" he didn't seem too upset with me.

"Yeah, if you guys want me to." I sat on the arm chair across from them.

Frank nodded, "Thanks."

"No problem." 

That's when Danny wailed all the way in his room. I stood up, before they could and hurried to his bedroom. I walked down the hall, saw that someone was coming out the bathroom, but didn't stop. I walked into his bedroom and saw him sitting up, sobbing still. His eyes were foggy and tearful, and his sobs died when I walked in.

"Danny, why are you crying?" I made a baby voice at him, "Come here."
 
I picked him up, letting him rest his cheek on my shoulder and grabbed his pacifier. I gave it to him, and he slowly started to fall back to sleep. I bounced him gently, turning to take him to Astrid and Frank, but...Gerard stood in the door way.

I slowly stopped bouncing Danny, he looked at me, but kept his head still. I looked at Gerard with my jaw slacked, admiring him slightly. His hair was shorter, but still messy and black. He looked like he had gained some weight, but in his arms, and his face was clear of makeup, and any blemish...he looked very boyish. He looked very handsome, it made my stomach tie in a massive knot.

"Hey..." He said first.

I swallowed thickly, "Hi."

"How have you been?" He leaned against the door frame.

"I've been good...you?"

He gave me that crooked grin, "I've been great...I'm clean."

I nodded, "Astrid told me. I'm happy for you...proud, actually." I gave a nervous laugh.

He kept that smile, "Thanks, it was fucking tough."

"Well worth it, right?"

He shrugged, "Kinda...I haven't got what I was cleaning up for yet." He stepped a little closer to me.

"Hmm?" I hummed softly.

"What've you been doing? I've...missed you, Stormy." 

I felt my heart race, and Danny tugged at my hair tiredly, "You know...the usual." I felt so damn nervous.

"You're with Greenwald," he stated, dipping his head close to mine.

"Not technically." I stammered.

"That's good, because I would've felt bad about this," Gerard pressed his lips to mine.

It was like someone had lit a fuse in my veins. Such a refreshing, familiar feeling I loved. I had missed Gerard so damn much.
♠ ♠ ♠
948 words...
Guess who's back? :D
Happy about his return? Lemme know what you think!

xo ali