Arrangements

Presence

The middle of May, I was visiting the Way home with Danny. Gerard was preparing to leave for the UK with the band, and we all decided to have dinner at his parents. Mrs. Way and I were catching up, and she brought up the fact that I looked a little ill.

"Honey, are you alright?" She had pressed her hand to my forehead.

I was a little on the tired side, and I felt a little sick, but I was ok, "I'm fine."

"Do you need to lie down? You're really warm."

"After I put Danny to sleep." I told her.

Mrs. Way took my hand, "Let him play, he's fine sweetie. C'mon, you look sick."

I let Mrs. Way lead me to Gerard's bedroom; I slipped off my shoes and climbed into the bed. She patted my head; "I'll come check on you soon."

"Thanks." I mumbled tiredly.

I curled up in the bed, trying to calm my body; I was feeling hot and cold, and my stomach was killing me. I pulled a pillow closer to my head and fell asleep a few minutes after.

When I had awaken up, I felt a hand on my head, and the light was on. I swallowed thickly, I felt like I was going to vomit, "Stormy, are you okay?"

I opened my eyes and saw Gerard, I shook my head, "I'm gonna throw up." I pulled the blanket off of me and rushed to his bathroom. I pulled the lid up, got on my knees and puked. I felt so much relief after; I kneeled back on my heels, Gerard came in and helped me up.

I groaned a bit, standing up and leaning on Gerard. He combed my hair back, "You're sweating, Stormy."

"I think I'm sick," I pulled away slightly, moving to the sink, "I...shit, my head is pounding."

Gerard turned on the faucet, I splashed some water on my face. I leaned against it, taking in a deep breath and looked up at him; he looked worried, "Are you gonna be ok?"

"I'm fine, I just had to hurl." I gave a lazy smile.

"I think you should go to the hospital." I furrowed my brows at him, "You're sick, you're sweating."

"I just need to lie back down." I rinsed my mouth out and grabbed the bottle of mouth wash.

"I think I should take you..." he trailed, and ran his hand up my back, "I don't want anything to spring up while I'm gone."

"You act I have cancer or somethin'," I turned the faucet off and turned to him, "I'm okay now..."

"I don't care of you're okay, I'm taking you anyway." Gerard picked me up bridal style and carried me into his room. 

I rolled my eyes, he sat me on the bed and began to slip my shoes on. He got my shoes on and leaned up to kiss me, I frowned, letting him peck my lips. He gave me a mock frown, "Don't frown at me."

"Why not? I don't want to go to the hospital," I grumbled at him.

"You're going to, I don't care if you get mad or not. Now, c'mon," he picked me up again, and I laid in his arms, limply, making it even harder for him to carry me, "Quit acting like a brat."

"I don't wanna go, so I'm gonna make it hard for you." I laid my arms out to mimick being dead.

He climbed the stairs, "I fall, you fall, remember that."

I giggled and wrapped my arms around him, "Ok, fine."

We got to the living room, where Mikey and Allie were with Danny and Mr. Way. They all smiled at us, then Mikey raised his brow, "What's up?"

"I'm taking Storm to the hospital," Gerard explained, "I think she's sick."

Mrs. Way came in then, smiling at us, "Gerard, put her down, she isn't going anywhere."

"Mom, have you felt her head?" Gerard lowered me.

She nodded, "Yes, now come with me." She took hold of my hand and led into the kitchen; Gerard followed.

Mrs. Way sat me down at the kitchen table, and Gerard sat beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "I bought this earlier."

Mrs. Way sat a grocery on the table in front of us, and I grabbed it, taking out what was inside. Gerard's hand gripped my forearm gently as I put the box down; it was a pregnancy test. Gerard and I exchanged looks, then I bit back a smile.

"I was almost the same way," she explained softly, "I don't know if I'm jumping to conclusions, but you were this way last week, only today you're a lot worse."

I swallowed thickly, my mind racing, "Oh...wow." I coursed my hair, then looked at Gerard.

He had a small smile, "Well, I feel better...wanna do it?"

I nodded shortly, my anticipation caused knotting in my stomach. Gerard and I stood up and went upstairs, passing everyone without a word. He gave me the test and let me go in the bathroom by myself...

The test would take 15 minutes to show the truth, and to be honest, I wasn't so worried; excited or not. It was more of a whatever situation for me. I guess since I've waited so long for this type of thing to happen, I really lost my excitement for it.

Gerard had held my hand; we both say on the edge of the tub, waiting. I could feel his palm warm up and grown sweaty in mine. I could see he was trying to distract himself.

"Gerard, what if it isn't positive and I'm just a little sick?" I asked looking down at our feet, I scooted my sneaker closer to his boot.

"It'll be okay...but, y'know, maybe we could go to a doctor and get ourselves checked out."

I turned my head towards him, "What do you mean?"

"We obviously aren't getting pregnant, I mean what if something is wrong with...me?" He gave me a look, I knew he wanted to say that maybe there was something wrong with my body.

"Gerard, I don't think there is anything wrong with us." I mumbled, "I think it's all about timing...maybe fate isn't making it happen for a reason."

Gerard coursed his hair, "I still think we should get checked out."

I nodded, then stood. I went towards the sink, and looked at the test. It hadn't appeared yet, and I was mentally praying for that little pink plus sign. I had a feeling Gerard would be upset of it weren't there. I think it would be a lot off our shoulders, especially his, if that pink plus sign graced us with it's presence. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Tittlating.
Thoughts?
Do you believe she's pregnant or not?