Arrangements

Dracula

A couple of weeks had past, and my birthday had soon approached. My life had seemed to be going great, without any problems, and I was taking it easy. Gerard called me everyday to check up on me and Danny, and asked about the baby.

The baby was growing normally, and I didn't look much different, but I was experiencing the morning sickness and I craved "gross" food. Mrs. Way was amazing, she came over and took care of me, or some days Danny and I stayed over. I spent most of my days taking care of Danny and relaxing, just as the doctor and Mrs. Way stressed.

The only thing that bothered me, just a bit, was the fact that my sister wasn't around to experience this with me. Out anyone in the entire universe, I wished she was here with me. I mean, I had Gerard, but it would be nice to have my sister. I thought about her everyday, and how could I not? Danny looked just like her, and it stung that she was gone and never called. I wondered what she was doing and if she were alright.

***

When my birthday approached, I got some nice letters and cards, and phone calls, from my friends. A lot of them were congratulating me on my pregnancy and happy marriage, along with my birthday. I thanked them nicely, and promised to send pictures when my baby was born.

After all that, I took Danny out for a walk, and did some shopping. When I had come back, Mrs. Way had me eat and then Gerard called. I swear, I get all fuzzy inside when he calls.

"Happy Birthday, Stormy," his voice was low and husky. I could only imagine him in his bunk, lying on his back, ready to fall asleep.

"Thanks, baby. How are you?"

"I'm cool, what about you guys? Anything happen?"

"Nope, Dr. White says they'll be doing an ultrasound tomorrow so, we'll get to see our baby." I told him.

"Man, I wish I could be there. Is mom going with you?"

"Yeah. I'll send you a copy of the ultrasound."

He sighed softly, "I can't wait to come home."

"I miss you, but this is your life, Gerard." I knew he was gonna mope a bit, "Don't worry, you'll be home soon and you'll see more ultrasounds."

"Yeah, yeah, you're right." He gave another sigh, "I love you, Stormy."

"I love you, too, Gee."

Gerard and I continued talking until I was ready to give Danny a bath. Danny was growing bigger, too, he can almost walk. He was smart, just like Astrid was, but he was quiet and only fussed when he was tired. His baby teeth were coming in, his two bottom front teeth were already in. Frank had said that they made him look creepy.

He has long hair, too, almost like a fuzz ball when it's dry. It was getting darker, I saw a lot more of Frank in him, than Astrid, some days. I think this what made me miss her the most; that she wasn't here to see Danny grow.

After I washed him up, my phone began to ring again. I wrapped Danny up, grabbed it, and carried him to Gerard's room; which is where I was bunking while at the Way's.

I grabbed my phone, answering, "Hello?" I hadn't bothered looking at the ID.

"Hey..."

I stopped in my tracks, "Astrid?" I sat on the bed with Danny, and reached over for his diaper bag, "Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me." She said lowly, "Happy birthday. How are you?"

"I'm...good. How are you? Where are you?" I had begun to dress Danny in his diaper and pajamas. He tiredly played with his hair.

"I'm...in the Midwest..." she spoke hesitantly, "I'm not doing so good."

"Are you sick?"

"No...I miss Danny."

I told you so, was probably what I wanted to say, but I didn't. I dried Danny's hair and thought about what to say.

"Come home." Was the only thing that popped into my skull.

"Not yet...but I will soon."

I sighed, "Whatever is best for you."

"I gotta go," she said quickly, "I'll check back in soon. Bye, Stormy." With that, she hung up.

I don't really know what to make of my sister now.

***

I finally saw my itty bitty baby, the following afternoon. He or she was just a peanut looking thing. Almost squishy, like an amoeba shape. I was in awe at the fact that one day that amoeba shape would be my baby. It nearly brought me to tears, like most things.

"Even if it's just a peanut, it's still the cutest thing," Mrs. Way said as she put the ultrasound picture into her photo album, "Are you gonna send a copy to Gerard?"

"I emailed the picture to him, but I think they're doing an interview right now." I told her.

"I can't wait to hear his reaction." She chuckled.

"Me, too. I know he's gonna say something smart." I joked.

A few minutes after I said that, my phone started to ring. I smiled, seeing Gee pop up. I picked it up and answered.

"Hello, Gee."

"Okay, our baby looks like an alien." He muttered quickly.

I giggled, "An alien?"

"Yeah, I mean, I can't even..." he stopped, "It's a cute alien, by the way."

"Our baby doesn't look like an alien."

"Stormy, I think you need your eyes adjusted."

I rolled my eyes, "I think you need your eyes adjusted."

He scoffed, "Whatever, I'm just sayin' what I'm seein'. Y'know, if it's a boy, I'm calling him Dracula."

"No you aren't." I told him.

"Yes, I am. You got a cool odd name, I got an old man name, we gotta call our kid something weird."

"Not Dracula."

"Yes Dracula."

"I swear, you call our son, if it is a boy, Dracula, I will divorce you."

He laughed, "You wouldn't dare."

"Watch me."

He laughed harder, "Ok, ok. I won't call him Dracula...just Drac."

"I can't wait till I see you, I'm gonna hit you in the gut."

"I'm just kidding."

"Yeah, whatever, funny man."
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year!
Well...I guess this a filler. Sorry.
Stay tuned :)