Arrangements

Freaking Out

The pain didn't let up, and Gerard was still in traffic. Along with that, the rain was falling harder, and then the electricity went out. Mikey was freaking out, but Allie and I were calm; on the surface.

I was mentally freaking out. I worried that Gerard wouldn't come back, and so I called him. Allie was rubbing soothing circles on my back, "Just talk to me." I said to Gerard.

"What do you want me to say?" he asked softly.

"Anything," I sobbed quietly.

He sighed, "Shit, I wish I was with you. Traffic is bumper to bumper and there's a massive pile up, the police aren't doing shit."

"Should they drive me to the hospital?" I asked him.

"Maybe, are you in pain?"

"Just a little, but I don't wanna go unless you're with me."

"I'm sorry, Sugar," he spoke real soft, making me ache for him to be with me, "I love you so much."

I felt myself tear up, "I love you, too."

"I've been thinking about names again, y'know..." he trailed momentarily, "If the baby is a boy I want to call him Wes Arthur. If the baby is a girl, Hazel Annabelle."

I smiled, gritting my teeth through the pain in my back, "Those are great, Gerard." 

"Fuck, this traffic isn't moving." He sounded so frustrated, "Are you still okay?"

I hummed, "My back hurts." I smiled gratefully at Allie, "Allie is rubbing it, and Mikey is freaking out in the corner."

"I'm bout ready to jump out this car and rush home to you."

My heart thumped happily, "You'll be here, I know it."

"I shouldn't have left," he scolded himself.

I sighed softly, the pain was coming down, but then, after a few seconds, it came back sharper, the baby kicked and then...my water broke.

"Oh shit." Mikey and I said at the exact same time.

"Oh man." Allie said a second later.

"What?!" Gerard became panicked, "What?!"

"My water broke. Oh fuck, my water broke, Gee." I started to cry.

"Oh no. Oh no. Oh no." Mikey repeated, "Oh fuck. Oh shit."

"Shut up, Mikey," Allie snapped at him, "We need to get Stormy to the hospital." She stood and helped me up, "Gee, we're gonna take Storm."

I clutched the phone to my ear, "Gee, the baby is coming." I sobbed.

I heard him bang his fist, "Shit. Hang on, Storm, I'll meet you at the hospital. I love you."

I wiped my eyes, "I love you, too."

***

I had grabbed my overnight bag, and sat in the back seat, gripping the cushioning with dear life. Allie drove, while Mikey still freaked out. She drove as fast as she could in the blinding rain. 

The traffic was hell, so was my pain, and the kicking wasn't so bad. I was anxious and scared, all I wanted was for Mikey to shut up, and for Gerard to be by my side. 

When we got to the hospital, I learned Gerard had called ahead for me and they had me signed in. Allie wheeled me in, Mikey hung in the back, and apologized; I forgave him and told him that it was alright, and I understood. It was amazing I didn't yell at him, due to the pain.

They set me in the room, checked me out and told me I still had a while to go. The pain came and went, up and down. It hurt at times, and then it was barely there. At times, I thought I would pass out, and I cried, and I begged for Gerard. He was barely getting back on the freeway to the hospital.

The Way's were coming, Allie stayed at my side, and Mikey had gone to take a breather. He was still freaking out, at the thought of seeing me give birth. I was content, I was okay, because I knew Gerard was on his way.

My heart caught when he showed up. His face was flushed, and he ran over to me, cupping my jaw and kissing me repeatedly, "Are you okay, baby?"

I nodded, my hands held his wrist gently, I could smell nicotine on his clothes, "I'm okay, the baby isn't ready, my contractions aren't close enough."

He exasperated, relieved, and let my jaw go, he took my hands now, "I made it. That fucking freeway was jammed."

It took him 3 hours to get to me.

"You're here now, that's all I care about." I kissed him again. I turned to Allie, "Thank you, Al, I appreciate it."

She nodded, "No problem. I'm gonna go check on my boy, see if he's okay." She patted my back, "We'll be back."

"Thanks," Gerard said, "Make sure Mikey is far away when Stormy gives birth."

She laughed, "Oh, I plan on it." Allie waved and walked out of the room.

Gerard grabbed a chair and sat beside me, still holding my hand gently, "Are you still in pain?"

"Just a little, it comes and goes. I'm more than okay with it."

Gerard kissed my knuckles and then brushed his hand through my messy hair. A faint smile played on his lips, my pain was coming back, and all I wanted was to kiss him. Even in immense pain, desire and love outweighed it.

"You've gone through so much pain for me." He said softly, "I don't think saying thank you is enough, Stormy."

I could see he meant every word; his pretty hazel eyes shined at me. The beauty in them made my heart pound, and the blood rush in my veins. I put my hand to his cheek, and beckoned him closer to me, he obliged, leaning in, and I kissed his lips. I just wanted him. All of him, no matter how much pain, I wanted him to stay by my side.

"Stay with me." Was all I replied.

He nodded, kissing my forehead lightly, "I promise I'll never leave."

***

The pain built until I couldn't take it anymore. It was already mid morning when the doctor, Dr. Carter, said I was fully dilated and ready to deliver. Along with the pain came uncertainty and anxiety; not even the epidural could help. I couldn't believe how nervous I felt, it was as if I were giving a meaningful speech that was full of spelling errors.

My heart raced. My palms were sweaty.

Gerard, he was ready, he didn't seem to have a nervous bone in his body. He held my hand, kissing my head as I had began to deliver.  He didn't seemed all that turned off by looking and commenting about the baby coming. My whole body had risen in goosebumps, and my heart raced faster and faster, I couldn't help but to envy my husband. He smiled, pure joy etched across his face, the baby was almost here.

I was lost in the pain and jealousy, until a loud cry and wail broke through the air. The pain had gone, my breathing was getting steady, sweat and hair matted my face. I tilted my head back, looking at everyone, nurses, doctors and Gerard; everyone was saying happy things that I barely got the jist of any of it.

"Congratulations, it's a girl." Dr. Carter spoke happily.

My eyes had grown heavy, the room was bright, and I watched as a nurse put my baby girl on my chest. I looked at her, forgetting the world for a moment, and marveled in the fact that I was officially a mommy now.
♠ ♠ ♠
All is well.
So, the girl won. I really can't imagine Gerard with a son either, I guess because he already has a real life daughter.
Anyway, you like it? Was it too much?