Arrangements

Dawn

The guys' last night had approached quickly, and I was dreading Gerard's departure. I didn't want him to leave, just because I love having him around. I love being with him.

On our last night together, Mrs. Way took care of Hazel, while Danny spent the night with Frank. Gerard and I had a nice dinner together, then we watched some movies. It was great just being with him, not having to worry about outburst and negativity. It was just Gerard and I, enjoying our last night together for a while. We didn't have sex, we couldn't anyway, we really just joked around and smiled a lot.

As I prepared for bed, Gerard came over and wrapped his arms around my waist, gently locking my arms at my sides, "If you could do this all over, would you?" He asked me softly in my ear.

I smiled, "Yes, I would."

"Knowing what you know now?"

I nodded, "Yes."

He kissed at my jaw, "I love you. I don't think I deserve you."

I turned to face him, cupping his jaw, "You deserve me, Gee, don't forget it. You got me, Way, no refunds."

He chuckled, placing a soft kiss on my lips, "I will never stop thinking how lucky I am."

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, "I love you, Gerard. I love you more than you'll even know."

He breathed out slowly, "I know." 

I brought my face back to his, bringing him into a heated kiss. He pulled again, groaning. I bit back a little giggle and have him an apologetic glance. He kissed me again, but didn't let it get to heated. He trudged me to bed and held me; under the covers, he and I were close and kissed occasionally.

This all dawned on me as us being "normal" in a sense. Gerard and I were like a real married couple. Fuck everything that happened before, we were actually, truly, happier than we had ever been together. We're parents, happy, in love, and we didn't need sex or more love sick "I love you"s to mean it.

***

Life was running smoothly, even with Gerard gone, but I could tell, when he called, that something was up. There was something behind his voice when he talked to me. He wouldn't say, and I had to call Mikey and see what was up.

"This place -the Paramount- is fucking creepy," he shudder, "I...I don't think we should stay, but you know how stubborn Gee is." He exhaled heavily, "I fuckin' hate it here."

"Why don't--"

Mikey stopped me, "He won't let us leave." He mumbled, "Just two more weeks and then we're free."

"Why don't you call Brian, or someone?"

"We tried, but since half the shit is done, they want us to keep going."

I had rubbed my neck, "Ok, shit. How are you, Mikey? Is everything all right with you?"

"It's fucking terrible, Stormy." He gave another heavy sigh, "I can't wait to get out here, I can't wait to see Allie."

"What about Ray, Bob and Frank?"

"Bob is a tough ass, you know that, and Ray is the same..." Mikey stopped, "Frank...he saw Astrid the other day."

My heart stopped, my eyes bulged, "Where? In LA?"

"Yeah, we were going for coffee, and there she was..." he slowed, "I think he should tell you the rest.

"The rest? What's the rest?" I stammered, trying to comprehend the worst.

"I shouldn't be the one to say it."

"Just tell me, Mikey!" I shouted; I worried, momentarily, if My shout woke Danny and/or Hazel.

"Jesus, Stormy!" Mikey shouted back, though, he was jesting, only a bit, "She was with some guy...she's like all in love with him, and Frank just...he yelled at her, in front of everyone."

I combed my hair back with my hand, "Shit. Then?"

"She started yelling back, and Frank lost it on her. I've never, ever seen Frank lose his temper before...that shit was scary." He shudder again, "Astrid started to cry, then she slapped him and Frank was ready to hit her, and Ray pulled him out of it. The rest of the day he stayed locked up in his room, playing his guitar; he came out this morning, Gee made him."

"Gee knew? Why didn't he tell me?"

"I dunno...shit is getting to him, too. To all of us, we can't wait to get out of here."

I sighed, "Thanks, Mikey, for telling me."

"You didn't hear it from me, Storm."

"Yeah, yeah."

***

I had called Gerard the following afternoon, while the kids were down for their naps. Hazel was acting real bratty, just as my sister used to, and was fighting the sandman. I had put her in her swinger and could hear the lullaby going from my short distance in the kitchen.

"Yeah?" Gerard's tone was tight and exasperated.

"Gee? Are you okay?"

"Fine. What do you want?"

I furrowed my brows, "Did I call at a bad time, or somethin'?"

"Yeah, actually. What do you want?" He snapped.

I chewed at my lip, "I just wanted to see how you are."

"I'm fucking fantastic. Can I get back to work?" I didn't like the way he spoke to me; it made my heart crumble...my chest heave.

"Sorry." I hung up the phone and placed it on the counter.

I didn't know what was going on with him, but I had a feeling it had to do with his music and that hotel. I wasn't going to pressure, push or call until I absolutely needed to, but I really wanted to hear his voice everyday. I didn't want him to get annoyed of me, start ignoring me, have us arguing and then we end it all -again. We were in deep now; we have a life, a little girl and a happy marriage. I couldn't help but think that maybe, it would all come crashing down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shaking it up