Arrangements

Busy Bee

A few days went by and not a single call from any of them. Allie was worried too, because the last time she talked to Mikey, he was stressed over where they were staying. She was contemplating flying there, but Mikey assured her that he was fine.

I didn't call Gerard, due to the fact that I didn't want to bother. I know he's stressed, so why add to it by pestering him? Though, I did miss talking to him; we used to talk everyday, no matter what. The past couple of days bothered me, I missed his phone. Hell, I would even take a scream if it meant I got to hear him.

When I did finally call, I got no answer. So much for that.

Instead of dwelling, I sunk my head into my painting again. I still took care of the kids, sent some of my work off, sold a few prints and I was happy. I took the kids out to the park, with Allie, and tried to busy myself. I even started to freaking work out. I became a busy little bee.

Well, the busying myself thing worked out pretty well. Too Well. By the time I had stopped my "busy" schedule, two weeks had past fully. No calls from the guys, and no calls to there. Allie had come over and gave me a confused look; "Do you know what today is?"

I had bee reading a Cosmo magazine and relishing in the fact that the house was quiet. Linda had taken Danny for the weekend, and I was glad to have the house quiet for a little while. I had put Hazel in her swinger, letting her fall asleep, and relaxed.

I raised my brow, looking over at the calendar on my kitchen wall, "Thursday?"

Allie crossed her arms, "And tomorrow, what's written in the calendar, Storm?"

I tilted my head back, "Friday...Gee comes home." I recited; no, it didn't hit me until I turned back to her, "...Oh, shit."

She picked Hazel up from her swinger, where she had been napping, "Your daddy is coming home, Hazy!"

I frowned at Allie, "She just went to sleep."

"She's a baby, babies aren't suppose to sleep." Allie cradled Hazel and sat beside me, "Mikey said they're getting on a plane tonight and everyone is relieved to be coming home."

I tweaked my lips, "Gerard probably doesn't wanna talk to me." I mumbled.

"He was stressed out, I'm sure he can't wait to get home and see his babies." Allie slugged me gently, causing me to smile.

"Let's hope."

•••

The next morning, Mrs. Way offered to take care of Hazel while I went with Allie to pick up Mikey and Gerard. And, boy, did my heart thump like crazy on the way. I didn't know what to expect when I saw Gerard again; I hoped he wouldn't be angry, or pissed or anything at all. I hoped he would be happy and excited. I wanted to kiss him until he begged me to stop.

At the airport, my foot tapped uneasily. Allie looked at me and shook her head, chuckling and put an arm around my shoulder. I bit at my lip, watching as the people got off the plane, and then I saw Ray and Frank. They walked over, smiling, greeting us, and then I saw Mikey...Gerard trailed behind him, with a beanie and his hoodie on.

I walked away from them and up to Gerard. His head had been hanging, and he looked up when I put my hands on his forearms. His face long and tired, but his sly little smile appeared within seconds. He pulled me into his arms and I wrapped mine around his neck. He held me tightly, I felt my heart mend easily, my love for Gerard growing heavier.

"I missed you so much." Gerard said softly, "I missed you and Hazel."

"I missed you, too." I whispered against his cheek.

"Let's go home, I need to see my girl."

Gerard interlaced our hands and pulled me to his side. All my worry and doubt went out the window. I was happy now.


We didn't stay at the Way's long; Hazel had gone to sleep before Gerard arrived, and he held her for a while. Allie drove us home; Gerard and I didn't really speak, because he had whispered that he wanted to talk when we were alone. I didn't mind, I could wait. Really, I was glad that he was flying off the handle.

At home, Gerard put his bags in our room, the he came and sat on the couch with me. Hazel snoozed in my lap, Gerard rested his head on my shoulder; "I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but have you lost weight?"

I laughed softly, "I've been working out."

"Why?"

I looked at him, "Well...you hadn't called or anything."

He sat up, "My mind was all fucked up over there, but I got more writing done." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "I didn't mean to yell at you last time...I had this fucking nightmare and it scared me. I couldn't think well that day."

"Why didn't you call?"

He sighed, "I was afraid that you would yell at me, and I didn't want to have you, upset, constantly on my mind. Y'know, when you scream at me, that sounds stays stuck in my head." He gave a soft laugh after.

"I wouldn't have screamed...I missed you, Gee. I tried to call, but I never got an answer."

He pecked my lips, "I'm sorry."

"Enough of the sorries, just kiss me and tell me you love me."

Gerard chuckled, "I love you, and I love Hazy." He looked down at Hazel, who was stirring, but sleeping.

"Your daughter is gonna be a brat." I told him.

"My daughter? I didn't have her by myself, you know. And how is she gonna be a brat?"

"She's real fussy, and she cries a lot. I can handle it, but I can already tell she's gonna be a spoiled brat."

Gerard smirked, "Thanks to me, right?"

I nodded, "Yep. And you're gonna have to deal with the tantrums."

"And what will you being doing?"

"Saying I told you so."

Gerard laughed, "You hear that Hazel? Your mommy likes to torture me."

"Stating facts and preparing him for the firestorm that will, possibly, be Hazel Way."

I felt Gerard's body tense beside me, then he relaxed. I looked at him, wondering what happened, I saw a smile appear on his lips.

"I can't believe I have a baby." He muttered breathlessly.

I couldn't help but smile, too, "Yep, you have a little girl, Gee."

Slowly and gently, Gerard took Hazel from my lap and cradled her. As if on cue, Hazel's eyes popped open and her brows furrowed then smoothed back. Her eyes fluttered until she was comfortable enough to stare at Gerard. Her tiny hands reached up, trying to touch him. Gerard lifted her, her hands touched his face and Hazel made a small happy sound that made Gerard burst into a grin.

Nothing came crashing down, as I thought it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
98 chapters...wow.
I honestly didn't think anyone would like this story at all.
Thank you for continuing to read.

xo