Arrangements

Settled

Things had become settled as the weeks passed, adding with it, months. Danny turned two, Gerard and myself had turned 27, as did Ray. Gerard and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and we approached Mikey's birthday, along the album release. Frank had taken Danny, almost full time, and I would only take care of him when the gusts had to do shows. Everything was easy, and simple.

Allie was preparing for her and Mikey's wedding, which they were going to do almost like my and Gerard's. It was suppose to be simple, but since Mikey and Allie both practically know everyone, they were going to have a big wedding. I was happy to help, Allie had me as her "chapel designer". She wanted me to pick most of the colors along with coordinating the flowers. They had decided to marry at the end of September.

"I was wondering about inviting Astrid." Allie told me softly; she and I had went out shopping.

Astrid had called or visited since the incident in LA. Frank still wouldn't talk to me about it. I didn't push, and really, I didn't care. Astrid was doing what she wanted. I couldn't stop her anymore than I wanted to.

"Are you?" I asked.

"I dunno...probably not. I know where she is, but I haven't talked to her."

Mikey and Allie are a like. They both have lots of friends and are loyal to each and every one of them.

"Well, send her an invite, maybe she'll grow some balls an see her son." I spat.

Allie put an arm around my shoulder, "I'm sorry about her. She is still my friend, Storm."

"She's my sister. You think I like her being gone?" I spoke softer; the thought of Astrid being away ate at me everyday.

"I'll send her one, and then we'll see."

"I don't know you see the good in her still."

Allie sighed, "Because I've known her for years and I know the old Astrid is in there somewhere."

I grimaced, "Doubt it."

"You don't think Astrid could come back?" She gave me a straight forward look and wanted the truth.

I parted my lips, "No." I answered, "Astrid said it herself, she's selfish. Besides, she left Danny, and she hasn't even called or written; fuck her."

Allie's brows shot up, "Wow."

"Yeah, wow." I spoke angrily, "My sister has no reason to abandon her son like she did." I coursed my hair, "Let's go, this is giving me a headache and I wanna see my baby."


Hazel can sit up on her own, she's 7 months and her hair is growing longer, too. I love to look at her and when she giggles and smiles, I couldn't even imagine leaving her. Even if I was a selfish person, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I left her with Gerard. I couldn't, not even seeing if from all sides, see why Astrid could leave. How she could abandon Danny is beyond comprehension.

"What's up?" Gerard had wrapped his arms around me while I stood in Hazel's bedroom; she was sleeping in her crib.

"Just thinking." I murmured to him.

He kissed at the back of my neck, "Of what?"

"Too maddening to say. I don't want to get mad."

Gerard nodded, he knew what I meant. His grip tightened, "Come with me to bed. You're tired, I can feel it in your shoulders."

I followed Gerard to our bedroom, and undressed. He and I were silent as we crept into bed; I laid on my stomach, while Gerard propped on his side and ran his hand up and down my back. His hand went under the shirt I was wearing and trailed my spine.

"I can't believe the year is ending...in 5 months Hazel will be a year old. Where did the time go?" I rambled, mostly to myself.

Gerard lead over and kissed my shoulder, "Out the window." He joked.

"It's gonna be two years since my dad died...and my mom..." I murmured; my voice grew thick, Gerard copied my position and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Don't cry, baby." He spoke in my ear.

"Can't help it." I sniffled.

"No one is suffering anymore..."

"I miss them." I told him.

"I know you do. I understand...I miss my Grandma everyday, y'know, I understand the pain."

I swallowed thickly, shifted my body and pulled Gerard into a hug, "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, babe."

I giggled, wiping puddled tears away, "Babe."

"What? You call me babe."

"It sounds funny when you say it. Call me sugar."

He chuckled, "Oh, fine, Sugar."

I buried my face into Gerard's chest and held him close. Without Gerard, I'm sure I would've lost my mind by now. Now, I didn't want to think about that, I had him, and he was, along with our daughter, all I needed.

"Tell me you love me, Gee." I lifted my head a bit, to speak.

"Why?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"Because I'm weird and I wanna hear you say it."

He hummed softly, "I love you, Stormy."

"And I love you, Gee."

•••

Mikey and Allie's wedding came quick, and there was no word from Astrid. I hung on to hope, like Allie had, and nothing emerged. I didn't dwell, I was okay, I didn't really expect much from my sister. Instead, I made sure everything was perfect for Allie's wedding, and helping her dress. Along with helping with that, I was a bride's maid, and I had to wear a frilly pale orange dress.

It wasn't hideous, just really frilly and warm. Allie said it was perfect; her dress was white, silk and sleeveless with a long train. She looked amazing walking down the isle; I don't believe I ever seen Mikey smile so wide before.

The whole thing was amazing and beautiful. I'll even admit it; I cried. 

After the whole thing, Gerard and I met in the reception hall, with baby Hazel, and we met the lot of their friends. Frank had been one of the groomsmen and sat with us, talking to a few people. The whole evening was actually pretty great; one of the last parties before the band would be on tour and doing press for the album.

Even as we left, I had a small, tiny actually, glimmer of hope that Astrid would show. Gerard could see it in my face as we had begun to leave. He kissed me, saying a silent apology to me, and wrapped his arm around me. I pretended not to care, I carried Hazel, it was easy to hide. I placed her in her car seat, once we were in the car, and then sat up front. Gerard looked over at me, smiling.

"That dress is crazy."

"I know." I smirked at him, "I cannot wait to take it off. I'm getting revenge when we renew our vows." 

Gerard laughed, "I bet you are."

"Hey, don't get all high and mighty; you're a guy, all you had to wear was a suit."

"Three piece suit that is very uncomfortable." Gerard pointed out.

"Oh shut up," I said jokingly, "I rather wear a suit."

"I'd love to see that." Gerard spoke softly, as if Hazel understood.

"I bet you would, perv."

"You think Allie would get mad If I tore that dress off of you?" Gerard smirked behind the wheel, and wouldn't meet my eyes.

"You are a perv." I almost yelped at him; I looked at Hazel, her eyes drooped tiredly, "You're lucky our kid sleeps like a rock."

Gerard gave a soft laugh and placed his hand on my leg, brushing the dress up. When his hand came in contact with my skin I looked up at him, and he was still staring straight ahead. I forced my eyes back down, watching his hand, steady, painfully slowly, inch up my thigh.

My breath caught when he got where he was headed and stopped. I waited, still glaring at his hand, wondering what he'd do now. For two whole minutes, his hand didn't move and I finally looked at him.

"You fucking tease." I grumble as he pulled his hand away.

"Not in the car, especially not with Hazel back there." Gerard kept up the smirk.

He was gonna get it when we got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like the grim reaper at times, ending things at uncertain times. I don't when I will end this, but it's soon. I haven't written the ending, I need to tie up some loose ends, don't I? Okay, enough rambling, I love the comments, I'm happy you all enjoy my story :)
Thanks for reading!