Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

Oscar

Jill

“So where are you guys going?” Shea asks watching me walk back and forth from my closet to my bed where my Montreal Canadiens duffle bag is.

“Bush Gardens and Jamestown.” I answer.

“Oh,” She says, “That’s cool.”

I stopped packing and looked at her. She turned her head so her long blonde hair covered her face. “What’s wrong?” I ask. “Just come out and say it!”

Of course, I knew what was wrong but I wasn’t prepared for what happened next. She looked at me again and I saw tears in her eyes, “How could you go out with him?”

“What?”

Her eyes narrow like they always do when she’s angry, “You knew I liked him but you still didn’t back off! He obviously doesn’t like you! Did you see the way he was looking at me?”

I stood there speechless with my mouth wide open. Finally I had the courage to say, “How could you?” I was surprised by how bitter my voice was.

“How could I? What are you talking about? You were the one who went out with him! You know that I have been obsessing over him for months!” I was so glad we were the only two people in my house. She was literally screaming at me.

“I’m sorry!” I announce, “He’s a great guy but you have to learn to let things go!”

Next thing I knew I was running after her. I managed to catch her in the doorway when she was trying to slip on her hot pink heels and tripped and fell. We both laughed which eased the tension. “I guess you’re right,” She says quietly and propping herself up on her shoulders so she can look at me.

I nod, “But I should have thought about you, I’m sorry,”

“And?” She asks.

I look at her, “And what?”

She shakes her head, “Nothing, never mind. But I’m totally gonna steal Jeff from you!”

I look at her angrily until I realize she’s smiling. I smile too, “Good luck with that!”

“Um you guys what happened?” Jeff’s clueless voice asks coming up the steps to the front door where we were laying in a heap.

“I fell,” Shea answers with her face turning bright red.

“Oh shoot!” I complain, “One-thirty already?”

Jeff laughs, “Yeah are you packed?”

“Um, just about,” I say getting up and running back into my room. I come out in jean shorts and a Habs tee shirt. I spread my arms out Shea comes and hugs me.

“Bye Jill,” she says “Have fun at bush gardens.”

“I’ll miss you!” I whisper in her ear.

She smiles, “Bye Jeff!”

Jeff waves “See ya.”

Shea struts outside, hops into her little Audi and drives away.

“Alright,” I say, “Let’s go!”

Jeff smiles and wraps his arm around me. My heart flutters and I feel my face turn red. It’s been a week and I still get so excited to be with him.

He takes his arms off me and chuckles; as if he read my mind. “Let’s go,” he says.

I nod and usher him outside. After I lock the door he takes my duffel bag and slings it over his shoulder then he takes his free hand and holds mine as we walk down the driveway to where Cody and Cam Ward and Tanya and Eric Staal are sitting and staring straight at us in, I’m guessing is Eric’s Ford. I wave and laugh when I see them all quickly turn away obviously embarrassed.

“You ready?” Jeff says grabbing the door handle.

I make a big deal of taking a deep breath, “Let’s do this!”

He laughs as he opens the door and lean in the door. “Hey you guys!” I say trying to not feel intimidated.

“Hey,” Eric says from the drivers seat, “Take your shirt off!”

I look down at my habs shirt, “What?” I ask. I look back up and see that Eric is grinning. He never seemed like a pervert.

Cam rolls his eyes, “It’s a Habs shirt and we’re from the Hurricanes.”

I sigh with relief, “Oh,” is all I say and I step inside the vehicle.

“Eric did you get a new car?” Jeff says looking impressed and closing the car door behind him.

“Yep, we needed a bigger car since we have a family now,” Eric says.

“Wow, one more person,” Cam says mockingly from beside me. I was amazed at how big the car was. Cody was sitting in the back with who I am guessing are Nolan and Parker who were both in car seats.

“Hey Jill,” Cody says smiling, “This is Mason.” She says showing me the baby in her arms. “ And this is Parker and Nolan.” She says pointing to the two boys in the car seats.

They both quickly waved obviously excited to go to Bush Gardens. “Mom are we there yet?” Parker asks.

I see Tanya smile in the rear view mirror, “Not for another four and a half hours.”

I couldn’t help but feel bad as I saw Parker’s disappointed face, “What are you most excited to see there?” I asked wanting to see his cute little smile again.

I was lucky, he face lit up but so did Nolan’s, “Big Bird.” Nolan says shyly.

“Elmo!” Parker yells at the top of his lungs.

I laugh, “I’m a big fan of Oscar.” I say, “You know the one who lives in the garbage.”

Nolan grimaced, “That’s nasty,” He said.

Jeff chuckles from beside me and turns around, “Plus his really cranky.”

Parker nods crazily, “Mommy says I’m like that if I don’t have a nap.”

“It’s true.” Eric agrees.

“Mommy how long has it been?” Nolan asks quietly to Cody who is sitting right beside him.

She smiles, “It’s been ten minutes honey.”

“Ten minutes already?” I ask without thinking.

Jeff laughs, “Time flies when you’re having fun.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh I'm so excited! Haha I might even post another one tonight. I would love if you commented if you loved this idea as much as I do! If you don't, I was planning to write like five chapters on this so if you don't like it, you should tell me.