Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

Fix Me

“Get ready for the Mythical, Griffon.” The announcer says, as we get strapped in.

I look at Jeff beside me, his face is grim and he’s breathing heavy. I laugh, “Are you scared?” He shakes his head, “Are you sure?” I ask.

He closes his eyes as we start to go up the roller coaster. As we reach the top I start to get scared too. We’re front row and our legs are literally hanging 200 feet in the air. I wait for us to drop but we stop.

“Is it broken?” I ask, but before Jeff can answer we drop.

We both scream. You can’t blame us. I felt like my stomach was pressed to my back but I didn’t care. I was having so much fun.

As the ride ends and we both get off we walk over to the pictures.

“Look,” He says pointing to a screen. Jeff was smiling and laughing. My eyes were closed and I looked like I was passed out.

“Wow,” He mocks, “Scared much?”

I punch his shoulder but I think it hurt me more that him. This guy has muscles! He laughs at my shocked expression and takes my hand.

We stroll through the France area of the park. “Wow,” I say as I look at the pink garland, “I’ve been to France, and it’s SO not like this.”

I pull out the map I got at the entrance. “So where next?” He asks.

“ALPENGEIST.” I read, “It’s the scariest roller coaster in the park apparently.”

Jeff’s face goes white. I laugh and give him a hug, “I gotcha.” I say.

As I start to look at the roller coaster I get scared too. “Let’s go in the middle.” I say pointing to the shortest line. Jeff nods in agreement and we stand in line.

We wait about ten minutes before we get on. I felt myself start to shake as I got strapped in.

We slowly went up, every click of the roller coaster making us closer to the top. Jeff smiles at me. I don’t think he’s as scared as I am.

I don’t know how else to describe it but this ride makes the Griffon look like a carousel.

We went side ways, upside down, I kept thinking I was going to crash into the ground but somehow the roller coaster would pull up before we did.

When we got off I took a deep breath and tried to stand up. My legs felt like jelly and I almost fell but Jeff caught me.

“Are you okay?” He asks.

I nod weakly as I regain the feeling in my legs. How can a roller coaster do that to you?

By the end of the day I was tired, and a bit sick. “How are you feeling?” He asks as we walk into our hotel room.

“Just need some sleep.” I answer. I take my pjs in the bathroom and quickly change. After I turn off the light and lay in bed.

Jeff comes and lays down beside me. We weren’t going to be all cuddly like last night. I’m tired and sick. Not the best idea.

I quickly drift off and start to have dreams.

The first dream was exactly what happened today, word for word. The only difference was that instead of being with Jeff, I was with Peter.

I woke up in a cold sweat and ran into the bathroom to throw up. “Darn.” I almost yelled, “Darn. Darn. Darn!”I haven’t been sick since flu season in December. Why now?

I was uncomfortably hot and sick and just felt like crying. So I did. I sat down on the cool tile of the bathroom floor and cried. I cried for so long that I was getting dehydrated and got some water. In my haste to drink the water I dropped the glass. The cup shattered and glass and water were everywhere.

“Jill?” I heard Jeff drowsily call from the bedroom. Up until then I forgot that he was just in the other room.

I heard shuffling and I knew that Jeff was going to walk in on me. I freaked knowing that I probably looked like a mess but I put on a brave smile and waited for him to walk in.

“Hey.” I say casually acting like sitting on the ground in the bathroom with water and glass all around me was normal.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” He asks. Being careful not to step on the glass but still rushing over to where I was sitting.
I shrug, “No, I don’t think so.” After I said that I just started laughing. I was laughing so hard that he picked me up and took me into the other room. There, he placed me in one of the really warm and comfy armchairs.

“No.” I complained feeling my back sweating. I think he knew what to do because he just placed me on the cool floor. From there he felt my forehead and my chest like my mom would. I would have usually been a bit embarrassed about that but I was too sick to care.

“You have a fever.” He says. I just nod. “What do you need?”

“Water? Pills? Health?” I said the last one sarcastically but Jeff’s face was serious. “Relax.” I say, “It’s not like I have cancer or anything.”

Jeff tries to put on a fake smile and fails, “Sick is sick and you’re most definitely sick.”

“Alright then Doctor Skinner, fix me.” I answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, It's been FOREVER! SOOOO SORRYYY!!! But you know... a comment like "Keep em coming" or "Can't for the next chapter" or just "HURRY UP" would have been MUCH appreciated.