Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

A Date?

Jeff

“Um, okay, who was that?” Brandon Sutter asks, just after Jill leaves.

“Jill,”

“That’s it?” Brandon asks, “You’re not going to tell me anything else?”

“Nope sorry,” I answer, “There isn’t much else to tell anyway,”

“Whaddya mean?” Justin Peters asks who was listening to our conversation.

“Well, I just met her this morning,” I answer trying to explain.

“Really?” Cam Ward asks, “That’s a fast relationship, when are you getting married? Next week?” all of them started laughing.

“Ok, seriously?” I ask surprised. Cam is usually the mature one.

“Boys gotta meet girls somehow,” Brian Boucher says approvingly, “Speaking of which, how did you meet her?”

“Well uh,” I didn’t want to say I got lost, they would mock me for weeks, but what else should I say? “On my way in the neighborhood I met her,” I say hoping they don’t ask any questions.

“Wow, that really IS a fast relationship,” Brian says surprised.

I roll my eyes, “Whatever,” I take off my shirt and jump into the pool. “So how were your summers so far?” I ask trying to change the subject.

Justin shrugs, jumping in the pool too, “Just a lot of practice with Cam,”

Cam laughs, “Yup,” obviously thinking of something that happened.

“Moving,” Brian says getting in the pool too.

“I’ve been practicing and picking up chicks, sounds like anyone we know?” Brandon says, looking at me.

“Wow, I have been practicing a lot but unlike YOU I’m not a player, Jill is the first girl that I’ve met,”

“Uh huh sure,” Justin says.

It was true though. She really is. I mean, I’ve met girls but I’ve never gotten along so well with them before. This could really be something, in fact, I’m so excited for our date tonight.

***

Jill

“Hey Shea how was practice?” I ask as I get inside from walking back from the pool.

Shea shrugs, “Same old, same old, you know, swimming”

I laugh, “I met this guy today his name is¬-”

“Jill I love the lawn, you cut it so nicely,”

“Oh um, thanks Mrs. Burnett,” I can’t help but laugh, Mrs. Burnett is this fancy rich mom who is always so polite but what she just said sounded hilarious!

“How many time have I told you to call me Clarice?” she asks.

“Oh, sorry Clarice,” I answer. I’m sorry but I will never get use to saying that.

“Um, hello! You met this guy, I WANT DETAILS!!” Shea says so excited. That’s one of the things I love about her, she’s always so excited.

I laugh, “He’s Jeff Skinner,”

“OMG are you serious?!”

I laugh again, “Yeah I met him at well, he was in front of my house then… let’s just say I met him at the pool”

“Can I meet him?” Shea asks seriously overwhelmed.

“Not today, but possible tomorrow”

“Ah! I can’t believe you’re dating Jeff Skinner, I’m so jealous,”

“He’s… well I mean he is cute but it’s not that big of a deal,”

I couldn’t help but smile a ton! Shea has EVERYTHING from the in-style shoes, to fancy purses, you name it, she has it. Now, I have something that she wants. He is the sweetest guy. I would feel bad to taunt this over Shea so I wasn’t planning to say anything about the date until she asked,

“So are you guys gonna go out?”

I shrug, so much for keeping it a secret, “Yeah but it’s no big deal,”

“WHEN?!” She asked a little too forcefully,

“Tonight after you and I hang out,”

“Let’s go to the mall, you need a new outfit!”

“Um, I don’t have any money,”

“Of course you do! Mom can you pay Jill her 50 dollars for mowing the lawn?”

“Of course,” Mrs. Burnett or ‘Clarice’ says giving me two twentys and a ten.

“Thank you,” I say as Shea pulls me out the door.

“Let’s take my car,” Shea offers.

Like I said Shea has everything, so it wasn’t a surprise when I see a brand new Audi in her driveway. Of course, she gets a new car. How could I have not noticed? I roll my eyes and get into the passenger side.

“I just can’t believe YOU are going out with Jeff Skinner,”

“It’s just a date and besides, I don’t even think he likes me!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!