Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

It's Just Like Riding A Bike

Jill

I stand by my front door not trying to get anxious but a date with Jeff Skinner? This is going to be interesting. When I see Jeff's car pull into the driveway I do a weird little jump thing of excitement, which was somewhat hard in the outfit Shea, picked out for me. I was wearing a short, navy shirt with pink and white flowers on it and a white shirt. I take my little coach purse and with my phone and wallet in it and get ready to go.

“Hey,” I say opening the door.

“Hi,” Jeff answers as I step outside.

“So?” I ask closing the door behind us.

“So what?”

“So where are you taking me?”

He laugh as we get into the car, “It’s a surprise,”

“I swear if you kidnap me…”

“So I see you don’t trust me,”

I laugh, “I just met you, I don’t even know you”

“Fair enough. My name is Jeffery Skinner, and I am a professional hockey,”

“My name is Jillian Lee and I am a student,”

“And?” Jeff asks.

“And what?”

“What do you study?”

“Oh, I am studying to be a doctor at the University of Mcgill in-“

“Montreal, Quebec,”

“You’ve heard of it?” I ask, surprised.

“Of course,” Jeff says, “How can you grow up in Canada and not have heard of Mcgill University?”

“Wait, you’re from Canada?”

“Well,” Jeff says parking and ignoring my question, “We’re here,”

“Um, what’s here?” I ask looking around and not recognizing anything.

“The ice rink,” he answers like it’s obvious. “We’re going ice skating,”

“Okay,” I say looking down at my outfit.

I think he noticed because he says, “I have a change of clothes for you,”

“I haven’t been ice skating since I was twelve though so, I hope it’s like riding a bike,”

“And if it isn’t, I’ve got you,” Jeff says coming around giving me my change of clothes and putting his arm around my shoulders. I look at him as we start walking towards to entrance.

I try to pull open the door, “Jeff, it’s locked,”

“I know,” Jeff says pulling out a key and unlocking the door.

“Being a hockey player seriously has it’s advantages doesn’t it?”

Jeff laughs, “Yeah, plus I’m encouraged to practice as much as I can so they gave all the players a key to the rink,”

“Well,” I say as Jeff opens the door for me, “At least no one else will see me fall,”

Of course the clothes Jeff gave me were way to big, I had to roll up the pants and the sleeves on the shirt but I definitely felt more like myself in the Sweatpants and Long sleeve shirt then the tight skirt and nice shirt. I walk out of the locker rooms to see Jeff already on the ice.

When he notices me he skates over, “You know I kinda think you look better like this,”

I look at him, “Really?”

I decide to put my curled hair up into a ponytail. Then I lace up the hockey skates Jeff gave me and step onto the ice.

I loose my balance and grab onto the wall. “Okay, seriously not like riding a bike,”

Jeff laughs skating over. He takes my hand and says, “C’mon you just need to get your balance,”

“Just give me a second,” I say feeling really embarrassed. I let go of the wall and try to skate forward. Looking at my feet I realize, I’m actually skating.

Jeff keeps me upright as I try to get my balance. I let go of his hand and skate away with my arms and tongue sticking out.

“Yes!” I can’t help but yell. It’s all coming back to me. I quickly skate back to him. I can’t help but laugh at his surprised face.

“So much for the whole, ‘Guiding’ thing,” Jeff says still shocked.

“The what?” I ask as I start to do circles around him.

“You know,” Jeff says coming up behind me, stopping me and wrapping his arms around my waist. “Guiding you so you don’t fall,”

“You’re so romantic,” I say sarcastically, but as I look up at him the tone turned from funny to serious as he leans down to kiss me. I stretch out my neck so his lips reach mine faster. I turn around, facing him and he wraps his arms around my waist as I put mine on his shoulders. I didn’t want to pull away but then I lost my balance and fell over pulling Jeff down with me.

“Sorry,” I say breathless.

Jeff smiles, breathless too, “C’mon, let’s go,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!