Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

Nice To Meet You

Jeff

“Hey Biebs,” Justin says as Jill and I come in. No wonder why it was so loud, half the team is in my apartment.

“Guys, this is Jill, Jill meet Chad LaRose, Eric Staal, Cam Ward, Justin Peters, and Brandon Sutter.”

“Hi,” Jill says quietly.

The living room was a mess with beer cans and chips everywhere so I took Jill into my room. “Sorry about them,” I say sitting down on my bed motioning for Jill to sit next to me.

“It’s okay,” Jill says smiling and sitting next to me, “I think they’re all kinda funny,”

I laugh, “Yeah they’re an interesting bunch,”

“So about your skating..”

“What about it?”

“Were you just pretending when you couldn’t?”

“Okay, we seriously need to work on our trust, I really couldn’t,”

“Well then let’s keep getting to know each other, tell me about yourself,” I say looking at her.

“What do you want to know?”

“Uh,” There’s so much I could ask her, “Where are you from?”

“Calgary, Alberta, what about you?”

“Markham, Ontario,” I answer, “When did you come here?”

“I was twelve, it was kinda difficult with the heat and having to make all new friends again, but then I met this guy,” I tensed, I just met her and I already felt jealous, I think she noticed because she looked at me and said, “But it didn’t work out, and Jeff?”

“Yeah?”

She smirks, “Jealousy is really hot on you,”

I felt my face turn red but instead of saying anything I just kiss her.

“What was up with the whole Justin Bieber thing?” She asks looking at me after I pull away.

“Do you really not know?” I ask. She just shakes her head. I shrug, “It’s nothing just this nickname the team has given me,”

“Ok, that’s an interesting nickname,”

I was going to explain but Justin walks in, “Just making sure you’re not… doing anything,” he says obviously doing it to bug me. I seriously wanted to punch him in the face,

“Go away Justin,”

“Oh c’mon Biebs we’re playing Life,” Jill laughs beside me, Justin looks at her, “What?”

Jill looks up realizing Justin was talking to her, “Oh it’s just, who knew that hockey players spent their Friday nights playing board games?”

I start cracking up too, “Well do you want to?” I ask.

“Sure, sounds like fun” she answers getting up.

“Two million and fifty-three dollars,” Jill says counting up her money. “Did I win?” I couldn’t help but laugh, they were all looking at her, like she just won the Stanley cup. “Uh,” she says noticing them all staring at her, “I guess that’s a yes,”

“Congrats,” I say getting up and taking her hand and pulling her up too. I gently pull her out of the apartment to take her home.

“I had a lot of fun tonight Jeff,” Jill says while we get out of my car and walk to her front door. “Call me later?”

Instead of answering I pull her into another kiss. “I’ll take that as a yes,”

I chuckle, “See you later,”