Status: In Progress

My Day in Yoga

Goddaughter

Natalia was in one of her moods, yelling at us to point our toes harder or stand up straighter. Finally the music ended and she took in a deep breath and exhaled.

“Water break,” She said. “Go, NOW!” I jumped at the bark in her voice.

“What’s up with her?” Benny said sarcastically. “She’s like herself, times ten. I thought I was going to die.”

I giggled. Everyone made fun of Natalia behind her back and tried to guess her age. I said at least 30 but Benny said no more than 25. It was hard to tell. I looked at the clock on the wall.

“Hour and a half left.” I said with a deep sigh.

Natalia continued to scream her head off for another hour or so until she told us to cool down. “I have some very exciting new ladies.” She said as I pulled my leg up over my head. “My sister, Klara, is here. She is having an audition, for a show. I have asked her to come and see all of you.”

Benny and I looked at each other then simultaneously glared at Drake. She smiled sweetly at Natalia then smirked at us. Not good, I thought.

***

“So how’s Jeff been?” Benny said nudging my arm as we drove home. “Hmmm?”

I giggled, “He’s good, should be getting home soon. I think their flight left Boston an hour ago.” I said looking at the clock on the dashboard.

“Now, not to be rude, but if you ever dump that boy. I will gladly take him.” She said smiling at me.

“Not a chance, Cao.” I said, making her last name sound a lot like ‘cow’ and everybody knows you don’t call a ballerina fat.

“Watch your mouth,” She stuttered trying to come up with a comeback. “Jerk.”

I laughed. “Nice one. That was almost as good as my 1 year old goddaughter.” My dad’s older sister’s daughter, my cousin Claudia, had a baby. When we were kids, Claudia and I were inseparable at family events. So she made me the godmother of her daughter, Fiona. That little Fiona was the cutest thing you have ever seen, and I love her like my own daughter. Claudia wasn’t sure if It was legal to let a 17 year old be the godparent of Fiona, so it’s not official, but the whole family knows it.

“I have yet to meet this little Fiona.”

“She’s so adorable.” I said smiling, thinking of the first time I held her.

“I know, but babies are way cuter in person.” Benny said.

“Very true.” My phone started to play Swan Lake so I shuffled through my tote bag to find it. When I finally got to my phone it had stopped ringing. “AHH!” I let out a yell.

“Who was it?”

I scrolled through my recent calls list. “Jeff.” I said smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short. I want 2 more comments before I post the next chapter, I'm serious! =)