Status: In Progress

My Day in Yoga

JELLO

I woke up to the sound of my boyfriend’s breathing. I rolled off the couch and onto the floor, I laughed at Jeff curled up on my couch. He looked so cute and peacefully, like a newborn puppy. I stood up, went into the kitchen, and grabbed some strawberry JELLO out of the fridge, realizing how hungry I was. My phone started ringing on the table and I ran to get it so it wouldn’t wake up Jeff.

“Hello?” I whispered.

“Mia Paige?” Said a thick Russian accent.

“Yes ma’am.”

“This is Klara calling about your audition.” She said.

“Oh right, thank you for getting back to me so quickly.” I said my palms suddenly sweaty and my heart raced. I needed this solo more than anything.

“I am sorry to inform you we have gone with a different approach to the role and we have found someone else.” Klara said and my heart sunk into my feet. I clinked the spoon against the side of my JELLO bowl and sighed.

“Alright, thank you for your time.” I tried to sound professional, and not like I was about to cry.

“I would love to work with you, just not for this part. Goodbye Miss Paige.” She hung up the phone and I dropped it onto the table and sat down on the floor in front of Jeff. His rhythmic breathing helped me steady myself. Lynn trotted into the living room and over to Jeff.

“Lynn, NO!” I shout whispered and lunged for her collar. “Stop, don’t wake him up.” I was too late. She licked his face and ran behind the couch. He wiped the dog drool off his face and wrinkled his nose.

“Uh, good morning?” He said his voice hoarse.

“Oh no that wasn’t- I didn’t-“I said and laughed. “It was Lynn she licked your face, I wouldn’t do that, ew.”

“Alright.” He said and patted the couch next to him. I sat next to him and pushed my JELLO around pitifully. “Whatcha doing?” He nudged my shoulder.

“Playing with JELLO. Do you want some?”

“No, what’s wrong?” He asked concerned.

“The audition lady just called and said I didn’t get the part.” I sighed.

“Aw, I’m sorry love.” He ran his fingers through my ponytail and twirled it around his finger. He looked down at his watch. “Look, I’ve got practice in an hour, but how about tonight you come over and I promise I will make you feel better?” I nodded and he pulled me up into a big hug.

The garage door swung open and in walks, my brother and my mom weighted down with bags and hockey gear. My brother drops everything in the kitchen and stares at Jeff and me.

“Why Jeff, hello, what a surprise to see you here so early.” My mom said setting her purse down.

“Oh actually Mrs. Paige I-“ Jeff turned to me and I shook my head telling him to stop.

“He knew I was getting a call letting me know about my audition so he came over this morning before practice, you know being supportive and what not.” I said, no way could my mom know about Jeff being here all night, definitely not while she wasn’t home. She nodded and went into the kitchen.

“I should go.” Jeff said.

“Yeah, I will see you later.” I said running my fingers through my hair. He goes out the front door and Nate comes in with a huge grin on his face. “I know that face.”

“I don’t know what you mean.” He said sweetly, but smiled like a devil.

“What do you know Nate?”

“Jeff was here all night wasn’t he.” He said.

“Shhhh, mom could hear you.” I whispered.

“Yeah, I know and you would get in so much troub-“

My mom comes in and leans against the doorframe. “So Mia, your audition?” She said and raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah, I just got the call.”I stuttered. “I didn’t get the part, she said she was going to go in a different direction and I didn’t fit the role.”

“Oh honey, I’m sorry.” She said putting on her comforting mom role and pulled me into a hug. “You’ll get the next one.”

“It’s fine mom, really. I’m ok.”

“Mia?” She questioned.

“Promise, I’m FINE.” I said and moved her hands off my shoulders. “Really.” I glared at Nate over my mom’s shoulder and he mouthed, “I’m still telling.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating. I might put another up tonight, but the Canes have a game tonight so I will probably be watching that.