Status: In Progress

My Day in Yoga

Not That Cold

I got my banana strawberry smoothie and sat down at a booth. I could not believe I was really here with Jeff Skinner, I mean he was like, THE, Jeff Skinner. My brother would never believe this. I was having smoothies with Jeff Skinner, Jeff Skinner was in my yoga class, and Jeff Skinner rode in my car. His name just has that ring to it. Like when you have to say his first and last name because it just sounds so good. Unlike mine, Mia Paige, like what is so beautiful about Mia or Paige?

“You’re right, this place has awesome smoothies. Wonder why it’s empty?” Jeff said bringing me back from my thoughts.

“It is February, so most sane people wouldn’t be drinking ice cold smoothies.” I said.

“Makes sense, but it’s not even that cold here.”

“Are you serious? If I have to wear pants, it’s cold.”

“You are such a wimp. I’m wearing shorts.” He said.

I took a long sip of banana and strawberry goodness. “Did you just call me a wimp?”

“Yes, Mia, yes I did.”

“I know a challenge when I hear one. We drink outside. Shorts, no jackets and you have to drink the smoothies every fifteen seconds. Deal?” I said, oh my god, what was I thinking. It is like 17 degrees outside.

“But you are wearing sweat pants.”

“I’ve got shorts on underneath.” I said. “So is it a deal? Or is the great Jeff Skinner a wimp?”

“It’s on.” Jeff said. “I beat my older brother at everything. A little ballerina should be no problem.”

“Then you better hope you win.” I said smirking. “Come on.” We get up and go outside. I take my pants and shove them in my car. I sit down on the bench.

“I’ll set a timer on my phone for fifteen seconds. Every time it buzzes we drink till the smoothies are gone.” Jeff said.

“OK, GO!” I shouted. “So tell me about yourself.”

“I’m Canadian, I’m 18, don’t think I am like Justin Beiber at all.” I had to laugh at that one. “I have been here since August and you are one of the nicest people I have met.” I blushed.

“Doubt that.” I said as the buzzer when off. “Sip.”

“I just don’t usually get a chance to hang out with people my age, you know?” He said. “I never expected to see a normal kid in my stupid yoga class.”

“I wouldn’t go as far as calling me normal, but you’re right, usually it’s just old ladies. Then when I go to the gym it’s all old men.” I said starting to shiver. “Sip.”

“See, I’m more in my element at the gym. I get in a zone you know?”

“I feel the same about yoga.” I said. “Except today, I spent the whole class seeing if you could do the exercises.”

“Hey, I’m actually pretty good at it.”

“Right.” I said sarcastically. He shoved my arm. We both just sat there and laughed for another five seconds until the buzzer alarm went off. I noticed Jeff was shivering too.

“Givin’ up anytime soon?” He asked.

“Never, shouldn’t you be used to this? You do spend a lot of time on ice?” I said.

“Not in shorts and drinking a smoothie.”

“Truce?” I said.

“Absolutely.” He said and we ran to my car. I turned the heat on full blast. I pulled out to the intersection and was trying to pull my pants back on over my shorts when the light changed.

“Go.” Jeff said just as I got my second foot through the leg hole.

“Really?” I said. “I am kind of busy.”

“Just GO!” Jeff said.

I laughed. “Fine.” I made a big show of making it look like it was hard to drive with my pants only half way on. I pulled in to the parking lot.

“Where is your car?” I asked.

“Right there.” He said pointing to a Lexus.

“Whoa, nice ride.” I said.

“I like it.” He said jokingly.

“So I’ll see you next week?” I said hopeful.

“Maybe sooner if you give me your number.” He said getting out.

“Oh, Jeff Skinner wants my phone number.” I said. “Here put yours into my phone. I don’t really know my number. Then I’ll text you.”

“OK.” He said picking up my iPhone. He looked really funny holding a pink iPhone. He was in the middle of putting his number in when my phone started playing Swan Lake, my ringtone. He raised his eyebrows at the song.

“I’m a ballerina what do you expect.” I said shrugging.

He looked at the caller ID. “Some guy named Nate.” He said his face falling.

“Don’t worry, that’s just my brother. Give me the phone.” I said plucking it out of his hands.

“Hey Nate.”

“Hey, Mom called said she was in an accident. Not bad or anything but she needs you to go to her. She is on Six Forks, near the Chik-Fil-A.” Nate said.

“Ok, I’ll be right there.” I said handing the phone back to Jeff. “Here.” Jeff finished typing and gave me my phone back.

“I will be waiting for your text Mia.” He said winking. OH MY GOD, I just spent the morning with Jeff Skinner. Where is Chik-Fil-A and why was I supposed to go there again?
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is really long. Sorry. I just got really into it.