Status: In Progress

My Day in Yoga

Forgiven

When I got home, my mom pulled me into her arms. “Oh Mia,” She sighed. “You had us worried sick, all your note said was you were going to the hospital and you wouldn’t answer your phone. Mia, thank goodness you are alright.”

“I’m sorry.” I said pulling away from her hug.

“Why on earth would you go to a hospital? I know you’ve been acting strange lately, with Jeff and all, but you don’t need a doctor sweetheart.”

“Oh!” I said catching on. “I didn’t check myself into the hospital. Jeff has some amnesia and they asked me to come and try and jog his memory, but he kind of freaked out at me.”

“You and that boy are no good Mia.” She said sternly. “I told you not to worry about him.”

“But mom, he-“

“No Mia.”

***

A few days after I had ‘visited’ Jeff in the hospital I was out on our patio trying to read a book, but my mind kept wandering back to the conversation I had with my mom after I came back from the hospital. How her opinion was of Jeff was so different from mine.

“Mia?” I glanced up from my book.

“Jeff, wha-what are you doing here?” I asked, astonished.

“They let me leave the hospital, but they clarified some things first. I never meant to yell at you like that, the doctor told me I was irritated from the meds for my head. It wasn’t what I meant to say.” He said.

“It’s fi-“

“No, just wait. Everything I said at the hospital was true, I really miss you. More than I thought I would and I want you to forgive me, I understand if you can’t though. I was a total jerk to you.”

I sighed and thought for a moment. “I’m sorry too, for being a brat when you dumped me. And the truth is I miss you more than I want to but I need you in my life too.”

“Does this mean I’m forgiven?” He smiled that heart-stopping smile.

“As long as you forgive me, than yeah.” I stood up and ran into his arms. I missed the way his arms felt so protective. “You are so forgiven.” I whispered. I looked over his shoulder and my mom was glaring at me through the floor-to-ceiling windows. She just shook her head and backed away. Couldn’t she be happy for me once?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the final chapter guys!!! The sequel will be called Forgiven, should have it up in a few days.