Status: In Progress

My Day in Yoga

Bernice

I pulled up next to my mom and hopped out of my car. Her car was smushed but the car in front of her had a huge dent in the back. I had never been in an accident, never planned to be, and was terrified of being in one. My mom was standing on the side of the rode talking to who I assumed was the victim of my mom’s horrible driving. She waved me over.

“Mia, this is Mrs. Vanessa Rudivolvich. Mrs. Rudivolvich this is my daughter Mia.” My mom said. I shook hands with the old lady and smiled.

“Why did I need to be here mom?” I said.

“I need your car. They need to tow mine and I have to get to the church for my meeting.” She said.

“Mom, I have to be at the studio in 20 minutes! There is no way I can get there. Natalia will have a cow if I’m late.” I said. Natalia is my strict Russian ballet instructor. She has a very no-nonsense attitude and being tardy to her class is basically guaranteeing yourself 300 crunches and being shoved in the back of the class whether I’m her star pupil or not. Because as she always says in her thick accent, “You must set example for kiddies.”

“Call a friend to drive you, but I have to get to the church. Do you have someone you can call or do I need to take you with me?”

“MOM! Benny will already be there, and no one else goes to this class that I could call.” I said sounding distressed. There is a very few competitive, and intensely trained ballerinas, and even fewer that I could call to come pick me up on the side of the road. “Wait!”

“What?” My mom said.

“I have somebody.” I said grinning, Jeff was right, if I gave him my number he would definitely see me earlier than next yoga class. I took out my phone and started dialing.

“Hello?”Jeff said.

“You were right; you will see me before next week.” I could practically see him grinning that Jeff Skinner smile on the other side of the phone.

“What do I need to do?”

“Pick me up on Six Forks across from Chik-Fil-A.”

“Be there in five.” He said and I hung up. I texted Benny, my best friend, and told her I would be there ASAP. Benny and I met when we were in the same competition class at age 11. Us two and one other girl, Drake, had been inseparable. But ever since Benny went out with Drake’s brother, Chandler who is two years older than we are, she has been avoiding us. I think that is better for everyone.

“Hey,” Jeff said as he rolled down his window. “Where am I going?”

“The dance studio on Falls.” I said getting in. “Apparently my mom only needed me to steal my car.”

“Awesome.” He said laughing. We drove for a while until my favorite song came on the radio.

“This is my favorite song.” I said as Carrie Underwood started singing All-American Girl.

“Really? I thought it was Swan Lake.”

“No, no. I love country. It’s like my favorite type of music every. Even more than ballet.” I said turning the volume up.

“That’s kind of surprising.” Jeff said pulling into the parking lot. “Here you are.”

I saw Benny walking through the cars and waved her over. She raised her eyebrows when she saw it was a boy driving the car, I definitely did not expect her to know who Jeff Skinner is but she and I both know, I don’t date. I was never good at it and ever will be.

“Hey.” She said. I personally think Benny is beautiful but she would say otherwise. She is Japanese and has silky black hair and dark brown eyes that she uses fully to her advantage.

“Hey, this is-“ I started to say before Jeff cut me off.

“Hi, I’m Jeff Skinner.”

“Bernice Cao, but my friends call me Benny.”

“Nice to meet you.” Jeff said before getting back into his truck. “Bye, Mia.”

“Bye.” I said.

As soon as Jeff pulled away, Benny started begging for details.

“OK, my completely undateable best friend just got out of a car with an extremely cute boy. I want details.” Benny said.

“We met in yoga this morning. And my mom was in another accident and needed my car so he said he could drive me.”

“Does he have your number?” She said.

“Absolutely.” I said, flipping my long blonde hair over my shoulder. Benny cackled behind me and before I knew it, we were both in hysterics walking into the studio. That is what best friends are for right? Always giving you a good laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it took me a long time to write this one. Hope it's worth it. Please comment!!!! I want comments!