Status: In Progress

My Day in Yoga

Peanut Butter Toast

“Do you want to watch a movie?” I asked Jeff as I let my dogs outside.

“Sure.”

“Just give me a minute,” I said. “I need to bring Lynn and Peeta back inside.

“Which one is which?” Jeff said.

“The blonde one is Lynn and the black one is Peeta.” I said pointing at the King Charles Spaniels. “But they are both dumb as posts.”

Jeff laughed. I whistled and they came running back to the door.

“What movie do you want to watch?” I asked.

“What do you like?”

“Nothing super scary or sad because I will cry.” I said grabbing a blanket.

“Aw, I like scary.” Jeff said sitting down on the couch. Lynn hopped up onto his lap.

“Fine we can watch a scary movie but I will probably scream.”

“That’s fine.” He said and put in the movie. I sat down and wrapped the blanket around us. It was quiet but comfortably quiet. Before long Jeff had Peeta and Lynn on his lap and my head on his shoulder.

“Are you ok?” I said. “I can move the dogs.”

“No, their fine and really cute.”

“Alright.” I said and laid down. Jeff put his arm on my shoulder. I turned back to the movie just as the guy with the chainsaw entered the house. I screamed. Jeff cracked up.

“It’s ok. There are no killers here.” Jeff said. My heart continued to race. My screamed caused the dogs to get off the couch, so I laid my head down in his lap and he kissed my head. I tried my best not to scream the rest of the movie but I jumped often.

I guess we both fell asleep near the end of the movie because when I woke up it was bright outside.

I sat up and started to shake Jeff’s shoulder. “Jeff, Jeff, JEFF!”

“Uh, huh.” He moaned.

“Wake up sleepy head.” I said. “We both fell asleep.”

“Mia?”

“Yeah.”

“Wait, I was here all night?” He asked.

“Yes.”

“Awesome.” Jeff said and rolled over. I laughed.

“Come on, I’ll get some food.” I said getting up. “I think I remember how to make toast.”

“Wow, now that is sad.” Jeff said following me into the kitchen.

“I don’t feed myself. That is my mom’s job.” I said pulling the bread out of the cupboard. Jeff came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and rocked back and forth.

“Do you have peanut butter?” He said.

“Yeah.”

“Then I can eat toast.” Jeff said. “I only eat toast with peanut butter.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short ones, but I put up two chapters to make up for it. =)