Status: In Progress

My Day in Yoga

Mia's Date

Ever since I had gotten my first car 2 years ago, it had been my job to pick up Nate after school, and whatever crowd of friends he decided to bring home. I leaned against the front of my car and waited in the cold until I saw Nate come out of the building. He crossed the parking lot and I ruffled his hair.

“Watch it.” He said.

“So Nate,” I said. “I forgot to ask. How was Jeff at coaching ya‘ll?”

“He’s a nice dude,” Nate said. “With a seriously bad taste in girls.” I smirked at him.

“I wouldn’t be so mean to your only ride home from school.”

“If you had stayed in school you wouldn’t have to be my chauffer.” He said and got in the car. He put his feet up on the dashboard and I immediately knocked them down.

“New car,” I said and wagged a finger at him. “Feet down.” I turned on the radio and turned the heat on high. Stupid winter, I thought.

“So you got a date with Jeff tonight?” Nate asked as I pulled out into traffic.

“No, he is playing in Chicago tonight.” As if on command, my iPhone vibrated with a text message. “Will you read that, Nate?”

“It’s from Jeff.” He said and grinned like an idiot.

“I didn’t ask you who it was from stupid; I asked you what it says.” I said.

“Ew.” He said.

“What?”

“He says he misses you. How could you miss all of this?” He said making a disgusted face and gestured to my face.

“Oh my god NATE! Do not make me shove you out of the car. Read the stupid message.” I said.

“Ok it says,”

JEFF: Hey Mia, I miss you. I will be back in NC 2morrow night. Wanna do something?

“Just text him back, sure be at my house at 7.” I said.

“Oooooh,” Nate said. “Mia’s got a date, Mia’s got a date.”

“Yeah, unlike some losers in this car.” I said. I pulled into our driveway and got out of the car just as it started to snow.

“YES!” Nate called. “CANCEL SCHOOL!”

“Ugh, and me be stuck with you all day?” I said and rolled my eyes.

***

I saw Jeff’s Lexus pull into the driveway and I finished bringing the dogs back inside. I heard the doorbell ring and I ran to get it. “Hey.” I said, a little out of breath.

“Hey, I missed you.” He said and kissed me.

“It’s just one of the downsides of dating a professional hockey player.” I said and smiled.

“So, why did you want me to come here?” Jeff said. I grabbed the sleeve of his jacket and pulled him into the kitchen.

“Well, you taught me to skate, kind of. Why?” I asked.

“I thought it would be fun, and I’m obviously really good at it.” Jeff said and smirked.

“Right, OK. So I like to bake so I’m going to teach you.” I said and hopped up onto the kitchen counter to grab the mixing bowl.

“But you must not be very good at it.” Jeff said.

“What?” I asked very confused.

“Your stomach is way too small for you to be a good cook.” Jeff said and I blushed.

“I’m flattered but I can’t cook, we’ve covered that. I BAKE.” I said. “Huge difference.”

“Ok, so what are we going to make.”

“Cupcakes.”

“Delicious.” Jeff said. “But shh, don’t tell Coach Mo.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, so sorry for taking so long to post!!!!